Making New Friends - One Coffee Crisp At A Time! EPIC trip May 2019 Update 9/1

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
Our Canadian group involved in the Secret Pal game is a tiny but mighty group,
But of course...
one of the girls in our group - who also has an account here on the Disboards (I'm tagging you @SaraJR :love: ) - got married in Ontario and Luke and I flew there to be in attendance.
Wow! That's great!
Also in September, Luke went to Winnipeg for a work trip. We went to see Elton John in concert (we used to go to concerts all the time, but we've really reeled that in lately - but I hadn't seen Elton in over a decade so it was a must) -
:lmao:
So you came to Winnipeg to see Elton and I went to Toronto...
In October, we spent ten days in the Maritimes, complete with all my favourite snacks that I can't buy in Alberta haha:
Wait... you don't have Lays in Alberta???
We get 200+ kids every year, and most of our block goes all out decorating.
We get a bit less... I think we had... 110? 120?
Our block sucks. We decorate, but we are one of a very few who do.
I was too tired to dress up for it, but... I have before and will again.
the little girls were very excited that Snow White was handing them candy :rotfl:
I bet! :)

• fallonkendra

DIS Veteran
    Hey everyone! Since we’ve now made it official on social media, I figure it’s time to let everyone here know what’s been going on with us :) I’ve been so MIA from the boards because I’m over 19 weeks pregnant! We had a difficult first trimester with a lot of doctor appointments (and I was exhausted all the time) but the second trimester has been great so far! I worked 6 days/week for most of November/December - which didn’t leave me much time for anything besides appointments and baby prep (I’m a planner who likes sales - I took advantage of Black Friday and Boxing Day and already have the crib, monitor, stroller and car seat as well as various other small items).
    I’m hoping to get back to a normal work schedule, but I don’t really see that happening, I think I’ll be insanely busy there until I go on maternity leave. But I’ll try to check in here periodically! :lovestruc
    141671EA-39A6-4C68-99A9-ACBC219AC8FC.jpeg

• missjackiemcg

DIS Veteran
    Happy, happy, happy :) Enjoy this special and exciting time as a couple before you become a most perfect little family!

fallonkendra

DIS Veteran
    Hey everyone! I can't believe it's been months since I've been here - my apologies!

I'm now over 37 weeks pregnant, so we're just counting down the days until baby is here! Luke and I have both been working from home since mid-March, and as of today I've dropped back to only 4 hours/day. This Friday will be my final day of work before beginning my maternity leave - as Canadians, we are entitled to a full year of paid leave (at a reduced wage... you can actually take up to 18 months of leave, but it works out to only be ~33% of your regular pay). I'll be taking 15 weeks total, returning to work August 24th if all goes well, which leaves Luke to take 37 weeks of parental leave. It's not traditional, but it's the best option for us!

We still have a few last minute things to do - like hook up the baby monitor and hang up the custom artwork we had commissioned by @MeghanEmily 's husband, Nathan (he's insanely talented! I'll post a picture once we have it hanging on the nursery wall!). But otherwise - I think we're ready!

Even before we found out we were pregnant, our plan was to take 2020 off from Disney :sad2: :sad:. It's now looking like 2021 won't happen either - but I've already started making plans for a big 2022 trip haha! I'm leaning towards May 2022 - which will be baby's birthday month, baby will be turning 2 (so still Disney free!), and we loved Flower and Garden festival so much! My Mom has already expressed interest in wanting to get back to WDW, since her only trip was for our wedding, when she delayed her arrival and had to leave early - so she has never stepped foot in DHS, and spent a total of about 2 hours in Animal Kingdom. I have lots of time to plan for this one!

Enough rambling - how about I get back to this trip report (which is now over a year old :rolleyes1)...

• buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
    Best of luck to you with your delivery! I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful new little baby!

We have a few trips planned for next year but I haven't given any thought to 2022 yet. Maybe we'll see you there in May :-)

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
    I'm now over 37 weeks pregnant, so we're just counting down the days until baby is here!
    soon!!
    as of today I've dropped back to only 4 hours/day.
    so... you're saying your lazy.

(Yes, of course I'm kidding!)
    This Friday will be my final day of work before beginning my maternity leave - as Canadians, we are entitled to a full year of paid leave
    ::yes::

But it wasn't always that way...
    I know that it started on January 1st, 2001.
    How do I know? Because our youngest was due in January 2001. But for personal and medical reasons, DW had a C-section. And that was scheduled for end of December 2000... so she only got 6 months. We wanted the C-section scheduled for January, but that didn't happen.
    I'll be taking 15 weeks total, returning to work August 24th if all goes well, which leaves Luke to take 37 weeks of parental leave. It's not traditional, but it's the best option for us!
    If that works for you, then that's great.
    hook up the baby monitor
    did you get the one with video and motion (breathing) sensing?
    hang up the custom artwork we had commissioned by @MeghanEmily 's husband, Nathan (he's insanely talented! I'll post a picture once we have it hanging on the nursery wall!).
    Oh! Nice! Yes, I'd love to see that.
    Enough rambling - how about I get back to this trip report (which is now over a year old :rolleyes1)...
    Wait... there's a trip report?

:lmao:

missjackiemcg

DIS Veteran
    but I've already started making plans for a big 2022 trip haha! I'm leaning towards May 2022 - which will be baby's birthday month, baby will be turning 2 (so still Disney free!)
    So excited for you and @HeiChewChewChewsYou :lovestruc and baby-to-be. Jimmy's first trip to WDW was for his second birthday. Of course we heard from plenty of people that he was too young, and he'd never remember it. But, someone gave me the best advice, which was to take the trip anyway, because even if HE didn't remember the details of the trip, WE would never forget them.

Seeing his face light up the first time he met Mickey Mouse, and even more special, Cinderella (his #1 girl!), are moments I could not possibly forget, and may not have been as magical when he was a bigger boy.

SO excited for all the blessings coming your way, Fallon!!! and all the magic that comes after!

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
    I'm just getting back to the Disboards now after yet another long hiatus. I've already said this elsewhere, but congrats on the birth of your brilliant little one! And thanks for the shoutout for Nathan's art! He had a lot of fun with that one and I could tell he was really proud of it—he loves Animal Kingdom. I hope your little bean enjoys it in the nursery!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.