Making New Friends - One Coffee Crisp At A Time! EPIC trip May 2019 Update 2/24

:hug: Nothing to forgive! Life... it happens.

:hug: I'm trying to make more time to be on the Boards, since it makes me happy to be here :)

Whoa. Hope you're getting paid for all that!

Thankfully I am paid hourly, so the extra pay this summer has allowed me to pay down more credit card debt than I expected!

::yes:: Of course I've heard that already, but it's still so amazing!

I still can't believe it, I'm so thankful to our anonymous donour!

Ah! I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

We notice them all the time, and now that you're aware of them - you'll see them all the time too!

No kidding! Buh-bye!

That was an easy decision!

:laughing: I need to try this too, some day.

We've only ate at 1900 Park Fare for dinner, but they serve the strawberry soup for that meal as well - I really enjoy it!

:(
I tried to get one for my September trip and there's no availability on the day I could go.

Keep trying? One might open up a day or two beforehand? We went to Homecomin' three times on our May trip :rolleyes1

Saw that too... and it's very well done!

Su-Queen did such a great job with the design!

Wasn't that great??

I'm so glad we took the time to see it!

Thanks for the TR- love it !

Thanks for joining in!

Following! How awesome that someone gifted you the VIP tour guides, AMAZING! Also - for your trip next year, DEFINITELY go for the switch over Oct-Nov best of both worlds, Halloween and then Nov 1st Christmas everywhere. It was a dream come true!

The VIP tour was incredible! A true bucket list item for me!

One of my best friends is getting married next October, so we won't be able to make a November trip to WDW work out. I will make it there for the Halloween season one year! It just won't be in 2020.

Getting alll caught up around the Boards today on my day off! Lovely to re-live our amazing VIP Tour and yes, you are right. I"m glad I suggested we start in EPCOT so we could get to see the Blue Angels. Amazing!

Thanks for suggesting that!

May 2, 2019 - Part Two

Our next park was Hollywood Studios. As we arrived, there were cast members waiting for us with baskets of snacks – Skittles, chips, etc – and bottled water. We weren’t expecting this, but it was a very nice little touch since we were getting hungry. We headed straight for Toy Story Land – Luke and I had seen the land on our December trip, but it was the first time for many of our group. We went to Slinky Dog Dash – the first time riding for Luke and I! The queue for this ride is great, I love the small details that Disney incorporates – like the price sticker that references the original release date of Toy Story 1.

F5AABF71-ADB7-4A13-8A8D-DDDF24C4CB73.jpeg

7F0AA510-3969-444A-A656-50C3BB42C450-e1566343119313-769x1024.jpeg

Karamie’s eye roll behind me makes me laugh every single time!

4A5B1295-EBC1-4621-BCEC-FF727AAA20E2-e1566343140266-769x1024.jpeg

Kelly was ready for this picture!

3D8E233F-FCB6-45DF-BA99-16C0E51338EF-e1566343159164-768x1024.jpeg

3B6197F5-E43C-46C9-B8D0-B2F73DBE9F48-e1566355317606-768x1024.jpeg

Luke and I had no idea where the camera was for this ride – but clearly Su-Lynn and Steve knew where to look haha.

ed0abff8-a11e-4e7e-ba8f-a511bd31baba.jpg

Jon and Amanda asked us what else we wanted to do at Hollywood Studios, and there was mention of heading over to Tower of Terror. However, a decision was made to just ride Slinky Dog Dash for a second time – again through the Fastpass line. Also – we clearly still had no idea where the camera was hahaha.

d5bc9cad-01cb-4b04-98b6-5f9a579c027b.jpg

After our second ride on Slinky Dog, we stopped for group photo #2 – and the infamous ChunkyDump was invented by Liesa….

3EB9B03C-C7D7-4783-BDAF-0CAEA42A6982.jpeg

We headed back to the vans, and were instructed to place a mobile order while we drove to park #3 of the day – Animal Kingdom!

F03D1906-07DE-421E-93D5-6870ED67F4D6-e1566355338880-768x1024.jpeg

Our first stop was Pandora for our third group picture (where the ChunkyDump once again made an appearance) –

0641A249-83A3-479D-8B35-73BD07313779.jpeg

We then split up – a few went over to Navi River while the rest of us headed to Flight of Passage. Luke and I have been on this ride quite a few times now, but always with a Fastpass so we’ve never seen the standby queue. Jon actually took us into one part of the standby queue to point out one of the murals – I can’t remember what this guy was named, but he shows up during FOP.

ADEC748D-7D07-4F3C-9EDB-2E9C7A2F092D.jpeg

We actually had enough of us to fill an entire room for the pre-show, so there were many laughs during this part of the ride - at one point we were all doing the wave :confused3

C0840F3D-0F03-450E-BF8F-97B572556745.jpeg

The ride itself was as fantastic as always! I love taking a few glances around at the other riders, and seeing the pure joy on everyone face’s as they soar on the back of a banshee.

As we exited the ride, we were told to click the “I’m here, prepare my order” button on the orders we had placed from Satu’li Canteen. You can read my review over on my dining report

After our meal – which was much needed, we were all starving by that point – we had a discussion on what to do next, and the decision was made to head over to the Safari.

When we arrived, the line was insane! Even the Fastpass line was backed up, but Jon apparently knew every cast member we met that day, and led us into the handicapped line. We still had quite a bit of a wait, but eventually we boarded our vehicle and set off on a safari together!

Enjoy the following onslaught of obligatory safari pictures:
  • 86AE458A-5026-449A-90EF-E4E7E072F19C-1024x768.jpeg

• 4EE60C27-FD25-4F8E-9F06-588669CE81D3-e1566584148600-768x1024.jpeg

• B17E9855-B955-4EDC-8038-12344981B4CA-e1566584272498-768x1024.jpeg

• 91E64BAF-21FE-43FD-8699-AD87C34D80F1.jpeg

• 1D37C0D7-2219-414D-956A-D1656D9878DC-e1566584347170-768x1024.jpeg

• F95F18D0-2857-45B1-A3BD-3367934E6B5D-e1566584688361-768x1024.jpeg

• 5DA60C50-8070-4E79-A394-3FC914E316D5-e1566584774968-768x1024.jpeg

• D9EA1638-A65D-4955-91C0-010DC6F94B2E-e1566584851967-768x1024.jpeg

Once we finished our safari, we realized we were running out of time on our VIP Tour, and we still wanted to get to Park #4 of the day. A few people decided to stay at Animal Kingdom, while the rest of us went back to the vans and headed off to Magic Kingdom. When we arrived, cast members were once again waiting for us with bottled water and baskets of snacks. Jon and Amanda took us down the pathway that’s typically used for the Halloween/Christmas parties so we could avoid the crowds on Main Street. We stopped for our group photo in the Hub – we had successfully completed all four parks in one day (actually, all 4 parks in 7 hours!).

A61B6746-F4FF-4525-ADA2-CD7B0C64A56E.jpeg

Quite a few of us pulled out the ChunkyDump for this group picture…

We were basically out of time, but were told we had time for one single ride. We quickly all agreed upon Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, so we headed back to Fantasyland. Once we had entered the Fastpass line, Jon and Amanda said their goodbyes, and gave each of a VIP pin (with strict instructions to not trade or sell it).

2CB40B0E-AAC7-4E72-9924-531B61BE091D-e1566584810276-768x1024.jpeg

2B6350EF-581B-4D25-8C39-8BB40DEB660F-e1566584792943-768x1024.jpeg

SDMT is an ok ride, I enjoy it at least once every trip, but I would never wait hours in the standby queue for it. I am very happy we got to go on it as part of our tour however, as this ended up being the only time Luke and I went on it during our entire two week trip.

368dd381-4098-4f71-b35e-50c537492e46.jpg

Jackie (@missjackiemcg ) managed to Mike Wazowski me in the second picture hahaha –

67abe186-4b78-4ef3-b195-f4f52679a4e5.jpg

DF8D051C-876A-4BCE-A5FD-D8240291BAEA-e1566584830683-768x1024.jpeg

And with that, our amazing VIP Tour had ended! Once we exited, we said “See you later”, and split into smaller groups. Luke and I had grabbed a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear, which we were already in the window for.

f5e73ce2-ef8c-4ef8-93ca-95528f7c968d.jpg

It was a pretty big day – for the first time ever, I actually beat Luke! I tend to destroy him at Toy Story Midway Mania, but he has my number when it comes to Space Ranger Spin – but I won! Of course I had to take pictures to document the moment!

B448A2EA-02C8-43B6-8677-6E15EB62115B.jpeg

We stopped for a few pictures –

C3C3C0FE-A6B2-404A-8747-A91624672D4F.jpeg

Tshirt from TeePublic, Skirt from Kay Pop Art, ears from an Independent Seller

It was then time to head out of the park for our supper reservation! For the second night in a row, we were eating at Homecomin’ – what can I say, we’re big fans! We did at least change up our typical orders – you can read my review on my dining report

After another satisfying meal at Homecomin’, we took a leisurely stroll around Disney Springs. I didn’t take many pictures, but we enjoyed some window shopping and a very slow-paced evening. At one point we decided to stop for a beverage that was on our must-try list: the Mango Moscato wine slushy from Amorette’s Patisserie.

We called it an early night – Jetlag was still kicking us in the butt, and we had a busy itinerary for the next few days!​

I wish I was on a VIP tour right now, lol!!

I had misunderstood and thought you all were just being dropped off at MK area, I would have come for one more ride, haha! It was an awesome 7 hours!

Thankfully I am paid hourly, so the extra pay this summer has allowed me to pay down more credit card debt than I expected!
Niiiice.
And you know what that means.
When are you heading down again???? :laughing:
We've only ate at 1900 Park Fare for dinner, but they serve the strawberry soup for that meal as well - I really enjoy it!
I've heard so many good things about this soup!
Keep trying? One might open up a day or two beforehand? We went to Homecomin' three times on our May trip :rolleyes1
I need to set up TouringPlans. I keep forgetting to request that one.
As we arrived, there were cast members waiting for us with baskets of snacks – Skittles, chips, etc – and bottled water.
Very nice. :)
it was the first time for many of our group.
What a way to experience it for the first time!
We went to Slinky Dog Dash – the first time riding for Luke and I!
So great you got to go on a VIP tour for that!
the price sticker that references the original release date of Toy Story 1.
Saw that over on someone else's TR (Su-Lynn's? Liesa's?) I really like that little detail. :)
Karamie’s eye roll behind me makes me laugh every single time!
:lmao:
Luke and I had no idea where the camera was for this ride – but clearly Su-Lynn and Steve knew where to look haha.
::yes::
we stopped for group photo #2 – and the infamous ChunkyDump was invented by Liesa….
Yep! there it is!
We headed back to the vans, and were instructed to place a mobile order while we drove to park #3 of the day – Animal Kingdom!
Oh! I didn't know this. And I've read a lot of TRs about that trip. I didn't know the orders went in while you were traveling between parks.
Our first stop was Pandora for our third group picture (where the ChunkyDump once again made an appearance) –
Flight of Passage. Luke and I have been on this ride quite a few times now, but always with a Fastpass so we’ve never seen the standby queue.
I've never seen it either.
I refuse to wait 3 hours for any ride, no matter how good it is.
Jon actually took us into one part of the standby queue to point out one of the murals – I can’t remember what this guy was named, but he shows up during FOP.
Huh!
there were many laughs during this part of the ride - at one point we were all doing the wave :confused3
:laughing: Wheeee!!!
I love taking a few glances around at the other riders, and seeing the pure joy on everyone face’s as they soar on the back of a banshee.
I do that too! :goodvibes
When we arrived, the line was insane! Even the Fastpass line was backed up, but Jon apparently knew every cast member we met that day, and led us into the handicapped line. We still had quite a bit of a wait, but eventually we boarded our vehicle and set off on a safari together!
So great to be able to bypass all of that!
gave each of a VIP pin (with strict instructions to not trade or sell it).
Who would do that?????
SDMT is an ok ride, I enjoy it at least once every trip, but I would never wait hours in the standby queue for it.
Yeah. I like it well enough. But if I miss it on a trip, I don't worry too much about it.
Jackie (@missjackiemcg ) managed to Mike Wazowski me in the second picture hahaha –
:laughing:
It was a pretty big day – for the first time ever, I actually beat Luke!
All right! Way to go Fallon!
Of course I had to take pictures to document the moment!
Pretty! :)

Hi Fallon, just stopping by to say that I'm still reading. I know how life gets in the way of DISboard time. I've been struggling myself lately. I still read along but do less commenting and often just end up clicking "like".

The VIP tour sounds incredible and it was great reading about it.

. I’ve always been too cheap to buy myself one of the Disney rain ponchos ($13USD for something I can get from the Dollarama for $3CAD? Pass.) – but they are actually well made and quite thick! I brought ours home with me to save for future trips.
We sucked it up a few trips back and bought them. And they are! I have saved them for a few trips now.

ed0abff8-a11e-4e7e-ba8f-a511bd31baba.jpg
I don't think we figured it out still.

I'm caught up again, and envious of your VIP tour (though I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about it!) PS: congrats on your Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin win over Luke! This is a big accomplishment! :)

I'm caught up again, and envious of your VIP tour (though I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about it!) PS: congrats on your Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin win over Luke! This is a big accomplishment! :)
I could not put together a decent score on Buzz that last trip. It got to the point where I’d get off the ride genuinely livid (even though I know I know better). The only win was when we walked off the ride at 10:59 and scurried our way onto the Peoplemover.

The VIP tour was so magical! We all had such a good time!!!

That VIP tour was so amazing! Such an incredible experience!

I wish I was on a VIP tour right now, lol!!

I had misunderstood and thought you all were just being dropped off at MK area, I would have come for one more ride, haha! It was an awesome 7 hours!

I'm not sure any of us know if we'd have time for anything once we got to MK, but Jon and Amanda were awesome and agreed to one more ride!

I agree! I'd love to be back at Disney right now with all of you ladies enjoying a VIP Tour!

Still not bitter about missing the VIP tour. Not bitter at all :earboy2:

Next Epic trip, you'll be there!
Huzzah for ChunkyDumps!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl:

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy they could mail me a replacement pin. I was incredibly sad when I arrived home without it. (and still suspect it was stolen from my bag).

I'm so happy they were able to mail you a replacement! I'm still bitter about my AP magnet going missing from my luggage as well, I also believe it was stolen at the airport...

Niiiice.
And you know what that means.
When are you heading down again???? :laughing:

There probably won't be another trip to WDW until late 2021 or even sometime in 2022. We have a very different adventure in 2020 :thumbsup2

I've heard so many good things about this soup!

Strawberry soup is basically just pureed strawberries blended with cream (I think - at least, that's what it tastes like to me), and is served cold. But it's delicious!

Very nice. :)

I had Canadian chocolate in my backpack, but it was all melting by that point haha - so the cast members with their little snack baskets saved the day!

So great you got to go on a VIP tour for that!

We were completely unable to get a Fastpass for it during our December 2018 trip, so I was really excited to get to ride it during our May trip :)

Saw that over on someone else's TR (Su-Lynn's? Liesa's?) I really like that little detail. :)

I forgot to take a picture of it, but I know someone definitely did! It's such a clever little thing that most people miss!

Oh! I didn't know this. And I've read a lot of TRs about that trip. I didn't know the orders went in while you were traveling between parks.

It was a great idea, that way we weren't wasting time placing the orders while we were in the park!

I've never seen it either.
I refuse to wait 3 hours for any ride, no matter how good it is.

Same! I think the longest I've ever waited for a ride was 45 minutes - that's my max.

Who would do that?????

RIGHT!? It's such a cool pin, that thing is never even going on a pin lanyard or leaving my house haha.

All right! Way to go Fallon!

It was a huge moment for me! :rotfl:

Hi Fallon, just stopping by to say that I'm still reading. I know how life gets in the way of DISboard time. I've been struggling myself lately. I still read along but do less commenting and often just end up clicking "like".

The VIP tour sounds incredible and it was great reading about it.

I've been terrible at finding time for the Boards! Thanks for still reading though! Luckily, it takes me a few months in between each post, so it's much easier to keep up :rotfl2:

The VIP tour was such a bucket list item for us, I still can't believe we had such an incredible benefactor who gifted our group with it!

I don't think we figured it out still.

When we rode Slinky Dog with you guys later in the trip, you were definitely looking at the right place! Haha, I was not...

I was so proud of myself for that Buzz score! Luke has hit Galactic Hero status a few times, but prior to this my highest ever was in the 200,000's !

I'm so happy they were able to mail you a replacement! I'm still bitter about my AP magnet going missing from my luggage as well, I also believe it was stolen at the airport...
I simply have NO idea WHY they are getting away with this! It's totally anarchy back there. :(

There probably won't be another trip to WDW until late 2021 or even sometime in 2022. We have a very different adventure in 2020 :thumbsup2
Oh? Can you share?
Strawberry soup is basically just pureed strawberries blended with cream (I think - at least, that's what it tastes like to me), and is served cold. But it's delicious!
I should just find a recipe and make it.
I had Canadian chocolate in my backpack, but it was all melting by that point haha - so the cast members with their little snack baskets saved the day!
I drove with some a year or so ago... it didn't fare well in the heat. :rolleyes:
We were completely unable to get a Fastpass for it during our December 2018 trip, so I was really excited to get to ride it during our May trip :)
Even better!
It was a great idea, that way we weren't wasting time placing the orders while we were in the park!
Same! I think the longest I've ever waited for a ride was 45 minutes - that's my max.
Depends on the ride.
BTMRR? Sure.
IASW... minus 10 minutes is too long.
RIGHT!? It's such a cool pin, that thing is never even going on a pin lanyard or leaving my house haha.

Life Update

What a crazy few months it's been! After a busy spring/early summer at work, we had slowed a bit for a few months, but we are now back to insanity and I've been working 6 days a week for awhile now (and some days are 10+ hour days).

We've also traveled a bit over the past few months. While planning our Disney wedding, I joined a Disney Wedding Facebook group, and then eventually I joined a subgroup of that community which organizes a Secret Pal gift exchange. Our Canadian group involved in the Secret Pal game is a tiny but mighty group, and I've become great friends with the girls, chatting often. In September, one of the girls in our group - who also has an account here on the Disboards (I'm tagging you @SaraJR :love: ) - got married in Ontario and Luke and I flew there to be in attendance. Our group of friends all purchased the new Haunted Mansion Dress Shop purple dress, and surprised Sara with it (it's her favourite ride at Disney) - and one of the girls even bought her the dress as a wedding present to wear on her WDW Honeymoon :) I didn't ask permission to post pictures of the other girls on here, so I'll just post one with the beautiful bride :) PS: Sara, when can we expect a Disneymoon trip report from you :upsidedow

Also in September, Luke went to Winnipeg for a work trip. We went to see Elton John in concert (we used to go to concerts all the time, but we've really reeled that in lately - but I hadn't seen Elton in over a decade so it was a must) -

In October, we spent ten days in the Maritimes, complete with all my favourite snacks that I can't buy in Alberta haha:

I even got to see these two girls - they were my bridesmaids at our Disney wedding in January 2018, but I hadn't seen them since then (living on opposite sides of the country sucks sometimes!)

Once we were back home, it was directly into Halloween mode! We get 200+ kids every year, and most of our block goes all out decorating. It's so much fun! Luke and I dress up just to hand out the candy every year too - the little girls were very excited that Snow White was handing them candy :rotfl:

November and December has been a lot of working, mixed in with various Christmas events.

I do promise to finish this report at some point! But I just wanted to give a little update on life so you guys know I just haven't completely abandoned you all :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!