Making our own autograph book-which characters?

Bunchkin

DIS Veteran
My DH & I are making a autograph book for our 4yr old DD for our up coming Feb trip.
We plan on scanning pics of characters on to 5" x 8" index cards, leaving room for a signature, and then having a blank index card on the facing side for a photo we will take of her with the character itself. Placing all of the cards, after being hole punched, into a small 3 ring binder. Which we will let her decorate the cover of.

MY PROBLEM: Which characters to include? The obvious one's are no problem. Winnie the Pooh and the gang, Princesses, Toy Story, etc. But which characters might I be forgetting? Which one's have you encountered??
Any out of the ordinary?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!!:) :)

DEFINATELY get Brer Bear from Splash Mountain and Brer Fox..they are such cool characters IMO! :)

Have Fun!

and Brer Rabbit! ;)

Good suggestion PixieBelle!!:)
I was wondering if these were characters you would normally see or just there occasionally!
Thanks!:D

I have seen them occasionally, of course I dont hang out at Splash Mountain much cause Im a pansy (LOL), but when I do ride that ride, I see them just about everytime!

Here is a list of the autographs my sons got in November - no waits by the way. We did Chef Mickey's for a Character Dinner.
CM - Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Chip and Dale
AK - Terk
MK - Pluto, Pinocchio, Tweedle Dee & Dum, Rafiki, Baloo (also there but didn't get again Minnie & Mickey)
MGM - Buzz, Woody, Pooh, saw Jessie but didn't get
EPCOT - none

I also made our own autograph books. I put the clip art in the upper left corner of a portrait oriented 4x6 framed area on a 5x7 page. We did find that most of the characters tended to turn the page to a landscape position in order to sign it. Used the plastic spiral binding to hold the pages together. Got lots of wonderful comments from CM's about all the effort it must have taken to make the books. Dale did a funny little sketch around his picture. I never thought my boys would enjoy this ascpect of going to Disney but thanks to this board and a little effort they were thrilled to meet the characters and get their picture and autograph.

Without too much effort and waiting we got about 45 autographs last February and I hear the characters are more prevelant with the 100 years celebration. We got all the obvious characters (though no princesses, princes or dwarfs) plus a bunch of others. I suggest looking at a character location list and go off of that (especially those that appear frequently). I made my sisters book (5yo) with calendar and old guidebook pictures. I included every character I could find, knowing we wouldn't find them all. The only ones I was missing were Pinnochio villians, Mary Poppins, Cpt Shang and all the Brer characters.

I say do as many as you can think of. My sister drew pictures in the blank pages of things she liked about WDW. This year I am going to included anything and everything and fill in the blank pages with other park pictures and journal entries, making our autograph books our scrapbooks as well (i.e. A page with Dumbo - who isn't a costume character - will get a picture of us on the ride).

For a location list, I like MKTiggerman's page - http://argo668.tripod.com/palm/charlocationspalm.html

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the great suggestions!:)

cdntowdw: My daughter would sure love to get Jessie's signature!!

On our last trip to Disneyland she got 22 signatures including one's from a character dinner.
So were hoping to top that number this trip!;)

tmfranlk: What a good idea to use it as a journal too!

Here are all the characters we saw during our trip in December:
Mickey
Minnie
Goofy
Pluto
Donald
Daisy
Chip
Dale
Max (goofy's son)
Cinderella
Aurora
Ariel
Fairy Godmother
Mad Hatter
Terk
Jane
Hercules
Baloo
Genie
Aladdin
Jasmine
Pinocchio
Buzz
Woody
Jessie
Timon
Rafiki
Prince John
Jafar
Gov. Ratcliffe
Tweedle Dee and Dum
White Rabbit
Queen of Hearts
Cruella DeVil
Tigger
Pooh
Eeyore
Piglet

Originally posted by PixieBelle
DEFINATELY get Brer Bear from Splash Mountain and Brer Fox..they are such cool characters IMO! :)

Have Fun!

and Brer Rabbit! ;)

yes.. the brers ROCK. However, they can only currently be guaranteed @ Camp Minnie-Mickey @ AK. And due to safety reasons, Br'er Fox has been gone since late summer 2000

skuttle: Thanks for the great list!!

Looks like I have alot of pics to work on!:)

And due to safety reasons, Br'er Fox has been gone since late summer 2000

Ok, forgive me if this is a stupid question since I'm a newbie. :) But how on earth could a costumed person be a safety hazard?

Also, from that character finder link...who are Wendell, Shaker, and Liverlips?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When my son ,neices ,nephews got their autograph books -they had every character that they could get and one of them wanted a special autograph(sorry i forget who)i went to guest services and asked ,and if they didnt know how to get it -go to town hall at MK,my brood got everyones autograph-including the driver on the monorail(everyone got a big kick out it).Have fun!!

Hi Bunchkin... and All !!

That is a GREAT idea of putting the pics on index cards with a blank one for real pics !! I better get working.... we are leaving on 2-8 and I have 2 kids !

I can tell you that the last time we saw ALL the dwarfs, Meko from Pocohontas and lots of typical characters ... BUT one that I never expected to see was the green army guy from Toy Story (MGM) ! We did see lots at EPCOT, but due to my DS getting sick chose not to go see any of them !

Just bring some extra blank cards for the end of the book and add the pics later... the characters won't know the difference !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter