Making reservations when no package is avail

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
As soon as I get everything for the current years trip paid for I start making plans for the next year. What I mean is this years trip is this Sept (2003) and next year we will be going in Sept again (2004). So I am actually ready to stary planning and paying for 2004. So after that long disertation, here is my question;

Can I make reservations now for 2004 (I know this would just be a rack room rate for now), and if the fairytale package is available next fall (2004) transfer the moneys paid into my original reservation that I would make now, into the fairytale package?

Thanks so very much!

Hi Leigh,
I don't see why not. We were at Disney in Feb and I booked our next trip (Feb 2004) at the beginning of March with no problem. I was told I would have to pay the current rack rate as a deposit but if and when any discounts came around I could call and they would gladly change my ressies to reflect the discounted price. I say go for it!! Hope this helps.

Sherri

You can always book now & change it if a discount comes out, but it is possible that you may not be able to transfer your deposit. Instead, you may have to book a totally new reservation with a new deposit & get a refund of your original deposit.

Of course, it is totally possible that you will be able to transfer it! I just wanted to let you know that sometimes you can't. :) I've rebooked at a lower rate and had to wait to get my deposit back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter