• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making the first day Magic

SeanaB

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.

I need advice. We are arriving on 11/23 (my birthday) around 4 or 5. I want to make my DD 9years old first trip to MK very special. I thought taking the Monorail to the park would be very exciting for her instead of the bus. We are staying at the ASMu. I know sometimes when the park reaches capacity they close the parking lot and only let in resort guests. Since we are arriving late in the afternoon on probably a very busy day, (hours 9am-11pm) could I still drive to the TTC and show my resort ID and be able to take the monorail in? Or could I drive to another resort on the monorail line? Or should I just take the bus?

Any and all advice very welcome.

Well, you can not use another resort lot and go to the park. I would maybe just go to TTC and do the monorail from there. A happy birthday to you ::MinnieMo and a magical first WDW for your daughter. princess: How neat!!!!!!:wave2: And welcome to the DIS!!!!!! :bounce:

Dan

How would I do that if the parking lot is full? Will they let me park if I have a resort ID?

I would be very surprised if MK closed on 11/23. Usually it only closes during Xmas week, New Years, and Easter (and maybe July 4, but I'm not sure). If you want to ride the monorail your first day park at the TTC.

I hope you are right XStAnt. I am getting so nervous about the crowds. I thought the crowds would be managable until I found out they changed the closing time from 9 to 11 that night.

Well however we get there, I know I will have a great time.

I agree that I would be amazed if they shut MK on the day you are going...however, if you are really worried, why don't you park at Epcot? (The capacity there is <i>much</i> bigger than MK's) - you could then ride both monorails, I think the two of them are distinctly different experiences anyhow :)

We are arriving in the afternoon on Sunday (Dec. 21), and I wanted to start out our 'Disney' experience that day (without using a Park Hopper Pass). So we are going to Downtown Disney that afternoon for some shopping. Then we have dinner PS at the Grand Floridian for the Cinderella Dinner that night (a character meal outside of the park, so we don't need to use a PH day up on our pass).

Then the next day we are going to the parks, starting out with breakfast at the Kona Cafe at the Poly, and then taking the boat from there over to the MK.

There is SO much to do at Disney, and there are many ways to make it special. These boards have helped me learn about things I never knew existed. Last year we went to Fort Wilderness for the campfire (a free activity) and it was delightful! My DDs made s'mores and Chip and Dale came around to see everyone, and then we watched a movie.

Just keep reading the boards and you will get some great ideas on how to make your trip special!

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter