Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

akline

Mouseketeer
I haven't been all that impressed with the restaurants at Disney-MGM Studios (Sci-Fi Dine In and 50's Prime Time Cafe) .. and we're debating fast food or trying a new restaurant to eat at. Anyone have any opinions about Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano? Is it worth it, or should we save money and eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet? We liked the Brown Derby but want something different. Thanks!

We enjoyed the nice, quiet table service at Mama's one afternoon for lunch.

Since you mentioned Toy Story Pizza Planet, (and if pizza is a big draw for you), I highly recommend the flatbread pizzas at Mama's. I've had pizza at both establishments, and there is just no comparison. Mama's is far better. Toy Story Pizza Planet was o.k., but it's like comparing apples and oranges... they are two different types of pizza. Hope this helps:D

We really enjoy Mama Melrose!!!
Between myself, DH & DM we have had the chicken, broccoli, pasta dish, the 4 cheese pizza, and the rib eye. We really enjoyed those. DM said her rib eye was the best meal of the trip.

We ate at Mama Melroses last year and really enjoyed it. It ws our first time eating here and we will diffently try it again.

We enjoyed Mama's as well. The food was above par for any of the parks. They have some great pastas, but the best things their are the wood fired pizzas. It's sort of Disney's version of the California Pizza Kitchen thing.

We ate there 2 years ago and the food was great...I had the chicken marsala with some different type of mashed potatoes and DH had the orichette(sp?) pasta with chicken,broccoli and bacon...their special dessert that night was candy bar cheesecake,omg I could have ate the whole pie myself....the restaurant wasn't very busy at all when we were there and this was mid july at peak dinner hours and our waiter was great...we are going back to there on our mgm day next year:)

Well we have never really actually "eaten" at Mama Melrose but we have heard lots of mixed reviews?
We want to try it but we usually too busy getting fastpasses or "winning the hotseat" at Millionaire!
Maybe we will see you at Mama Melrose's next time you visit?
Who knows?? stranger things have happened!
:p :p :p :p

Here's another vote for Mama Melrose! We thought this was one of our best meals of our November trip. We did the Fantasmic package with Mama's. We plan on doing the same package in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter