Mami & Matt PJ 2/7/2010 DCL Wedding

mamilovesdisney

Former DISer "Ethan Baby"
Okay, so I promised you girls that I was going to work on a PJ so her goes…

My story with DF

Easter in the year of 2003 changed my life forever. It was like any other holiday for me. I occupied the days celebration with my god daughter. After the egg hunt and all the goodies, I went home to my newly purchased condo where I lived alone. I was 27 years old and single of course. It was night time and I remember I was eating a snack and watching tv when my mom called and it went something like this…

Mom: Mija, I was at church praying to the Virgin Mary for you.

Mami: Why, mom?

Mom: I was praying that she send you a good man. A husband that would make you happy.

Mami: Ay, mom. I’m fine the way that I am.

Mom: No mija, but then I had a thought. Like the Virgin Mary was talking to me.

Mami: What mom?

Mom: Maybe god hasn’t sent you a partner in life because he has different plans for you. Maybe he wants you to serve god.

Mami: Uh, what?

Mom: Yes, maybe he wants you to serve god and help people and so he has not sent you someone because its not your time.

Mami: So, are you telling me god has other plans for me and he wants me to be like a nun or something?

Mom: Not a nun but someone who serves him somehow.

Mami: Uh, I don’t think so. I have no intention of becoming a nun (and I was thinking in my head... being celibate for the rest of my life). Hell No!!!! ( BTW, I had been a catechism teacher for a few years and use to do the readings at church as I was growing up. I did my duty :-))

Mom: Ay, mija. Don’t get mad. I was just telling you what happened.

Mami: Well, don’t tell me that s%$#@. I’m not going to be a nun.

No offense to nuns. God bless but I know it is not for me.

So what do you think girls? How would you react to your mom saying that to you?

BTW, sorry in advance for my spanglish. It is bound to come out. :rotfl:

Well, I went to work the next day pretty upset about what my mom had told me. Plus, my ex-boyfriend was still stringing me along saying he was coming for a visit and he kept changing dates. Well, needless to say, I was very upset. I felt I was doomed to being on my own forever.

Well, my girlfriend told me that I needed to find "Mr. Right Now". I never heard of that so it did not make me feel better. I was too busy sulking in my self pity. I could not stop crying so I decided to take a mental day off.

I went home to my condo to find that there was a puddle of water on the bathroom floor. I just figured water had leaked on the floor while I took a shower in the morning. I went to my room to watch tv and went back to the bathroom a few hours later and there was water again. After this happened a few times, I called my association to get someone to come check the water leak that seemed to be coming from the bathroom wall. It took several hours but finally there was a.....

Congratulations on starting your PJ!! You have me hooked on your story.

...there was a knock on my door. It was the first time I saw Matt's gorgeous blue eyes ;) He came in and ripped a hole in my wall and said that it was a really big job and since it was already after hours it would be very expensive for the association if he did the work right there and then. He suggested I wait until the morning and the company would send someone else to fix the problem since he was already scheduled for another job. I agreed and as I closed the door I thought to myself, "Agh... who said Mr. Right Now can't come and knock on your door" :rotfl:

The next morning, I opened my door and was greeted by Matt's big smile. Supposedly, the job he was scheduled for was canceled so he was able to come back and do the work at my place. It took hours to drain all the water in the building but it was great because we had a chance to chat. My sister called around lunch time and asked me how the repairs where going and I told her, "I have no clue but the plumber is cute and he's not wearing a ring."
My sister just laughed because she knew it was not like me at all to be outgoing ...I am all bark and no bite... but not this time... there wasn't a nun in sight :rolleyes1 :

That night, we had our first date and watched the lord of the rings. Little did I know that my "Mr. Right Now" was actually my "Mr. Right". Yey Me :love:

Not even six weeks later, I found out I was pregnant but that is a whole other story :rotfl2:

WOW Great story!! It's getting to teh good parts!!

Come check us out on the DCL Bride/VR girl thread!

I'm taking a little break from my story to tell you girls what happened yesterday. I know my situation is not as bad as others who are getting laid off but I found out yesterday that I am getting a substantial pay cut. My heart dropped when I saw my pay stub :scared1:

Of course, my first thought was my VR... am I going to have to cancel or postpone :confused3 Well, I was able to calm myself down and put things into perspective. At least, I still have a job and even if I have to cut down expenses and god forbid postpone my wedding...I still have my health and my family. I am just bummed and a little worried but I just keep reminding myself it will all work out somehow. Just roll with the punches :eek:

It's so sad. This has happened to a lot of us. My DH had the same thing happen, but we have managed to make the best of it.

Just know that we are here for you.:grouphug:

Here's some pixie dust to hoping that your finances improve pixiedust:

Don't worry, as Bride-to-be mentioned things have a way of working themselves out! We had the same thing happen to us in January. We had to make some adjustments, and cut back. I really wanted the "Disney" wedding, so we made it work. There are always options out there.

Here's some pixie dust heading your way! pixiedust:

Hello Ladies,

Sorry its been a while since I posted. I was sick with the flu for over two weeks. That was terrible and no, it was not swine flu. It was still terrible though because everyone at my house was sick so it was not fun. I am finally back into the groove at work but when it rains it pours. I actually may be looking at another pay cut within a few weeks if the state budget doesn't improve. So, I have decide to postpone the wedding and all the planning until I feel more financially secure. DF is still trying to get a new job. He is just doing odd jobs here and there. I am bummed but my day will come. I knew as soon as I started a PJ that things would fall apart. I'm too darn superstitious. I will still be keeping up with the boards and asking a few questions here and there.

In any case, I can't wait to read all of your PJ's and know how your big day turns out. I will live vicariously :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter