Map of DL/DCA Locations to get DAS

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
We are new to obtaining a DAS pass for our son and I like to feel as prepared as possible. Our first day at the parks we will arrive mid afternoon and our first stop will be applying for DAS. Do you recommend going to DL or DCA? And where do you recommend specifically within that park?

I've read that after you have the pass, to get the actual return time, you report to a kiosk, not the ride itself. Is there a map of these kiosks in each park? Are they different form the general guest services kiosks? I'd love to actually print this out and have on hand.

Thank you!

Guest services to get the DAS. the Park maps probably have the kiosk locations

In the official Disneyland app, go to the map. The top middle will have something like “attractions”...click on that and a list will appear...choose “Guest Services”. On the top right click “show list” and scroll down and choose “Services for Guests with Disabilities”. Then click “find on map”. Those are the kiosks.

Any CM at one of those kiosks will circle the locations for you on the physical park maps...each kiosk has maps for both parks.

At Disneyland & CA, the ONLY place to obtain a map for disabilities is guest relations or those kiosks and you must ask for them because they are in a drawer.

A DAS can be obtained at any kiosk in my experience. Unlike WDW, you can only get a DAS return time from a kiosk...again, in my experience.

In the official Disneyland app, go to the map. The top middle will have something like “attractions”...click on that and a list will appear...choose “Guest Services”. On the top right click “show list” and scroll down and choose “Services for Guests with Disabilities”. Then click “find on map”. Those are the kiosks.

Any CM at one of those kiosks will circle the locations for you on the physical park maps...each kiosk has maps for both parks.

At Disneyland & CA, the ONLY place to obtain a map for disabilities is guest relations or those kiosks and you must ask for them because they are in a drawer.

A DAS can be obtained at any kiosk in my experience. Unlike WDW, you can only get a DAS return time from a kiosk...again, in my experience.
Perfect!!! Thank you!!!

I agree...Chamber of Commerce at DCA usually has a much shorter line to request a DAS than City Hall at DL.

And don't worry if you see a line to City Hall or Chamber of Commerce. CMs go through the line weeding out guests who only want a map or birthday buttons.

Thanks for the tip about DCA possibly being shorter. Now, here's the question. This is my family's first time at DLR. Will any "magic" be lost if DCA is our first entrance into the parks? I do believe they will enjoy A LOT of DCA, but still....not walking right onto Main Street....?

I'm going to say, "no", because my first park was DCA. But to qualify my response: I had been to WDW many, many times in the previous 20+ years, and, well, it was Veterans Day - so DL was closed to new arrivals until around 9 PM. I actually dir much of that trip backwards, by starting with DCA, and by taking the the Welcome to Disneyland backstage tour on my last day :)

We always start at DL , but that’s my sons autistic brain at work . Either park still hold the Magic. If going into DCA after the little “service station “ store on the left is the chamber of commerce, it’s set back , so walk down a short “alley “ . The kiosks for return times have large green umbrellas. If entering DL first , enter the gates on the left . The tunnel on the left is closest to City Hall and you don’t have to fight the crowds to cross main st square . It will save a little bit of time , but cut down on frustration more.

Thanks for the tip about DCA possibly being shorter. Now, here's the question. This is my family's first time at DLR. Will any "magic" be lost if DCA is our first entrance into the parks? I do believe they will enjoy A LOT of DCA, but still....not walking right onto Main Street....?
If you will have parkhoppers, DCA Chamber of Commerce is so close to the gates that I feel it's no different than visiting a ticket booth before entering the parks. You could go directly there to request DAS, and then leave and have your first experience be a walk down Main St. I often do this on my arrival day, since I prefer to start my trips at DL, but like to get my DAS done first thing.

I will have a scooter,do I still need a DAS? And did I see that I can get one and a map at a kiosk?

Also you can get the DAS at the respective park hub boards. I’ve done this a few times when I’ve walked in and seen a long line for Guest Relations and didn’t feel like hopping parks

I will have a scooter,do I still need a DAS? And did I see that I can get one and a map at a kiosk?
I answered on your other thread - but DAS is not necessary (or given) if the scooter is all you need for accommodation.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!