MAPS: by Robo. WDW places & how to get there.

We will be at MK on December 8th. We won't arrive until late afternoon with plans to hit a few rides but mainly to see HEA and fireworks. How early should I plan to get a great spot. Can i save a spot for my two adult children also? If so, what time should they plan to rejoin me? We'll have several other MK days during our trip but they're all party days. If they need to wait with me, that's fine too.

We will be at MK on December 8th. We won't arrive until late afternoon with plans to hit a few rides but mainly to see HEA and fireworks.
1. How early should I plan to get a great spot.
2. Can i save a spot for my two adult children also?
3. If so, what time should they plan to rejoin me? We'll have several other MK days during our trip but they're all party days.
4. If they need to wait with me, that's fine too.

1. 45-75 min., depending on, well, EVERYTHING.
2. You can, if you are bold enough and have some way to physically do so.
3. 25 min.
4. Always, always safer.

I have no problem sitting and people watching for that long. I'll let them decide if they want to join me in waiting or meet me after the show. I think I'm more excited for it than they are! I don't think I want to spend that long fending people off. Thanks for your advice.

I have no problem sitting and people watching for that long. I'll let them decide if they want to join me in waiting or meet me after the show. I think I'm more excited for it than they are! I don't think I want to spend that long fending people off. Thanks for your advice.
It can be very difficult to hold a space for others. Two in our party of four went to Casey’s to get hot dogs for all of us. I tried to save their spot by placing a jacket and bag next to me and stretching my arms into the space while sitting on a concrete and railing structure in the hub. We had been sitting there for 90 minutes. Just before they got back with our hot dogs about 15 minutes before the fireworks began an irate dad came over and stood his daughter on the jacket pushing my arm out of the way. I had told him that a friend would be back momentarily and had gone to get food. He started a rant about how he had paid as much as me. I told him we had chosen this space an hour and a half ago. Just then my friend arrived with the food and couldn’t believe this yelling man or the foot prints on her white jacket.

I wouldn't count on saving space...
People tend to get ugly about it. Also, at some point (maybe 10 minutes) prior to the Fireworks starting, the CMs start herding you closer and closer together, and more forward, so that great spot you had is no longer the same spot. So, your friends and family may not find you in the same area.
Personally, I wouldn't chance it.

I have plans for late dinner at Wilderness Lodge on 12/30 and want to see the 6:30pm MK Fireworks from the area on the map that references a CM Parking Lot. Is that still an option? - Thanks

If I am staying at the far end of BC can I get to the boats at IG without entering the park? Thanks!

If I am staying at the far end of BC can I get to the boats at IG without entering the park? Thanks!

NONE of the boat docks or monorail stations or bus depots or gondola stations that offer park-to-park transportation are
inside any of the parks.
All are outside the parks' gates.

The only time a valid park ticket is needed is if (IF) a guest wanted to walk THROUGH Epcot
between the International Gateway and the front gates to connect with a monorail (or parking lot) at the front gates from/to the International Gateway transportation offerings.

Last edited:
NONE of the boat docks or monorail stations or bus depots or gondola stations that offer park-to-park transportation are
inside any of the parks.
All are outside the parks' gates.

The only time a valid park ticket is needed is if (IF) a guest wanted to walk THROUGH Epcot
between the International Gateway and the front gates to connect with a monorail (or parking lot) at the front gates from/to the International Gateway transportation offerings.

Thank you I thought it was outside but wanted to be sure. So then if I am staying at BC and I am at the far end near Epcot, would it make sense to catch a boat to HS there instead of over by the YC or BW? Thanks!

Thank you I thought it was outside but wanted to be sure. So then

if I am staying at BC and I am at the far end near Epcot, would it make sense to catch a boat to HS there instead of over by the YC or BW? Thanks!
That would be fine.
You could choose whichever boat dock is a closer walk from your starting location.

Just know that if its a TIMING issue, the shuttle leaving Epcot will first stop at Boardwalk, then Yacht & Beach, then Swan & Dolphin, then DHS.

Thanks for all the great maps, Robo. I wondered if you've done an updated map of HS showing the location of construction, temporary bus stops, skyliner and new road. Is the new road from Osceola already in use? We haven't been since September and it was still under construction. Thanks.

Thanks for all the great maps, Robo. I wondered if you've done an updated map of HS showing the location of construction, temporary bus stops, skyliner and new road. Is the new road from Osceola already in use? We haven't been since September and it was still under construction. Thanks.
Sorry.
Some of those things are too new.
Maybe in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks. I know it's a moving target at this point. It's just hard to get my head around where everything is at this point.

DO you have any updates with the placement of the new Riviera resort?

Very basic look at the location below.
More in the future as details/images become available.

Riviera-CB-Epcot-MS-041219.gif

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!