Marathon Weekend 2018

Absolutely not! It's one of my favorite things to do in Vegas. You'll probably even see a few other runners out.

Yup. I love running on the strip. For me, it was a bucket list item. Maybe that makes me weird. Seems like it's always really windy when I run in the morning though.

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a great week!

As always Sundays are for Disney...

Today’s question: what are you most excited for during Marathon Weekend?

My answer: Everything! I love the entire weekend. From the parks, to meeting Disers, to the bling! I really do love this event.

It will be my boyfriend’s first marathon weekend, and his first time back to WDW since a trip to the Magic Kingdom when he was a kid. I’m glad his reintroduction didn’t involve the canceled half in 2017 and I’m excited to see whether it proceeds as scheduled. ;)

My answer: Everything! I love the entire weekend. From the parks, to meeting Disers, to the bling! I really do love this event.

What he said! I never have time goals for runDisney events, so there's no pressure/pre-race anxiety for me. It's just a big running party!

I’m with you- I’m excited for everything! I think marathon weekend has the best energy of all the runDisney weekends, hands down. It feels like everyone is buzzing about the events the whole week! This is my first Dopey (previously have run Goofy and the marathon alone) so I’m excited to be involved in every race of the weekend and not miss out on anything.

This will be our first stay at both CSR and AKV so of course, very excited for that too!

I’m looking forward to rooting for all of you rD all-stars from afar and plotting my return in 2019.

Well my answer is two-fold and really not sure which I'm most excited about...
1. The feeling of accomplishment after not only running my first marathon but also doing Dopey. Our marathon running friends think we're crazy for attempting this.
2. Being done with training!!!!!! We've been in training mode since Sept 2016, as we did a half in Vegas in Feb ('17) and the purpose of that was to get a good POT for Dopey. After Feb we kept running like we were training for a half as we didn't want to lose what we built up, then started with a Dopey training plan on May 1st. I don't mind a run each weekend, but I'm getting burnt out from being "forced" to run. Stuff like a busy weekend in Sept but needing to get a 13 mile run in means going to bed earlier the night before and up at 4am to get out running and be done and showered up before other commitments for the day start.

Hi everyone - I'm way behind on this thread because over Thanksgiving I came down with pneumonia. !! Oops. I've had the flu shot and the pneumonia vaccine, so double fail.

I'm recovering well now, but this has put a full stop to marathon training. I have asthma too so I have to be careful.

I can still take my Disney vacation but race status is tbd. I run-walk, usually very comfortably, and even if I switch to mostly walking I should be fine pace-wise. Cautiously optimistic, but we'll see. No race is worth getting sick again! Plus, I'm nervous about missing all the longest training runs even though I had a solid base.

Although the last time I missed a month of training right before a marathon (bike accident, broke my elbow), I would up with my marathon PR. So who knows.

Anyway, I'm staying at Pop! I recently stayed there in a refurbed room for Wine & Dine and it was great.

Edit to add: I am most looking forward to not being sick! And to a vacation. And to hopefully being able to run!

Last edited:

Checking off a bucket list item of accomplishing the Sextuple PR Dopey Challenge. I'm feeling confident I can pull off PR performances on 3 races (5k, 10k, HM) and the two associated challenges. The big question is if I can beat my marathon PR set in October 2017 (3:14). I think it's possible. Weather will play a role in how possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter