Marathon Weekend 2018

I am most excited about running the 5k with my daughter. She has run a number of 5Ks now and getting pretty speedy for a 10 year old. But this will be her first runDisney event and she is so excited about it! I can't wait to share the experience with her and see her earn her medal (as long as I keep up with her that is!).

I am most looking forward to all of my time in the parks, trying a few new restaurants, meeting everyone at the meetups (hopefully), and finishing all the races. So, yeah, pretty much everything.

I should add, looking forward to waking up early to rope drop Pandora. Not looking forward to waking up unreasonably, completely insanely early four days in a row for Dopey.

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a great week!

As always Sundays are for Disney...

Today’s question: what are you most excited for during Marathon Weekend?
Pretty much Everything! Can't pick just one thing darn it....

Edit to add: I am most looking forward to not being sick! And to a vacation. And to hopefully being able to run!
I've had 2 sick WDW marathons so yeah this x10

QOTD: Put me in the category of trying to survive my first marathon and seeing if I can make it to the parks later that day!
Also excited about seeing Avatar Land, riding Flight of Passage and seeing Rivers of Light for the first time! Can't forget taking a night-time safari!

QOTD: everything - the rundisney atmosphere, the disney atmosphere, vacation, everything!! It will also be my dad's first trip (our yearly disney trip has become a mom/daughter type of thing) since 2004 (he's one of those "been there, done that, why do i have to go again?" type of Disney vacation person), and I am so excited to take him on all of the stuff he hasn't been on, specifically Everest!! I also did so poorly in my first Disney marathon (but I still finished, so, yay!) that this one should blow that one out of the water by default!

2. Being done with training!!!!!!

YES!

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a great week!

As always Sundays are for Disney...

Today’s question: what are you most excited for during Marathon Weekend?

My answer: Everything! I love the entire weekend. From the parks, to meeting Disers, to the bling! I really do love this event.

Oh my goodness!!! I hadn't really thought about it yet...

I'm most excited to run a runDisney race with my DD and bring our bibs back and share our MM pictures with her elementary school running club!

I'm also excited for:
FOP
A vacation with teens where one is old enough to vote and both can enter the parks alone with their tween sister.
Celebrating our 20th where we honeymooned.
Meeting many of you at the Dismeets that Keels is organizing!
A vacation where I don't really care if I do everything in the parks as long as I do some and have fun!
Cheering on DH as he does a "bucket list" item-the marathon!

I'm glad I'll be your most important stop! I'm staying at the Boardwalk Villas. I will be in the area in front of the villas with a RunDisney Cheer Sign with some phrase to be determined. I will post the phrase when I figure that out.

ooohhh are we posting what our signs say? I have a fun couple picked out, although not Disney related-pop culture, yes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts