I try to be a lurker-only on this thread, but sometimes I can't help myself.

4. Hollywood Studios. Not much of a movie guy, never warmed up to HS.
3. Epcot. Not far behind AK. The best way to experience Epcot is to run 'justly' the half and spend Sunday morning cheering the marathoners.
2. Animal Kingdom. I love Kilimanjaro Safari., EE, and the Tree of Life. Somehow, it took me 4 Goofys to realize you get to see the Tree of life during the race.
1. Magic Kingdom. It was the first. For a while, it was the only. It is magical to go down Main Street to Space Mountain, race or not.
This is my ranking, too! Agreed on all points.

I have given way too much thought to this and have concluded it's like picking a favorite child... I may like a child more, but I love them all the same. (Hypothetically speaking of course as I'm not a parent...)

In a close tie for 2nd (In alphabetical order)...

AK - Animals. Tree. Floating mountain things (that I have yet to see).
DHS- Favorite Ride (TOT)! SW Fireworks. RIP to the Great Movie Ride.
Epcot- Counties. Food. Flying over counties.

Barely inching ahead of the others, we have our winner:

1. Magic Kingdom. The Castle... the magic... the mountains. It's the OG of WDW.

SAFD: My park preferences ebb and flow depending on what's going on in them and my son's age. For a long time, AK was always at the bottom because the animal interaction just didn't measure up to that of Busch Gardens Tampa. But as the park has developed and my son has grown, it's become a favorite!

4. HS - used to be in my top 2, but it's so diminished from what it used to be. I'm sure it will go back to the top when SW opens, though!
3. MK - BT/DT. I still enjoy it when visiting with my son because he enjoys it so much, but I usually skip it when I'm on my own. Always crowded, a PITA to get to, and I have no strong feelings for the attractions.
2. EP - my relaxation park! I can happily stroll EP for a few hours and never do a single attraction.
1. AK - BABY TIGERS!!!!! Which aren't going to be "babies" much longer, but still. I'm an animal lover and I think Disney has done a marvelous job of showcasing animals of the wild in a non-wild place, and combining it with a message of conservation. Add Everest, the Safari and FOP, and it's a well-rounded park of fun!

4. Hollywood Studios (my favorite attraction (ToT) is here, but otherwise the park just doesn't have much these days)
3. Epcot (these top three are HARD to rank - but much as I love wandering around the world, just not that many attractions)
2. MK (It's the park that FEELS like Disney - so many attractions I love)
1. AK (I'm not even sure I can explain why I love this park so much - all the greenery, the attractions and now with Pandora and night time activities it's even better).

Whatever floats your boat. I don’t find AK all that hot as the concrete jungle of Epcot.
I had to address the issue of the hotness:

Although I am not the most experienced park-goer I have been in all 4 parks when they have been surface of the sun hot (approximate temperature). My personal feeling is that AK has the fewest queues that are indoor/AC which makes an incredible difference vs. shade. There are certainly places to go in each park that will accommodate cooling off, but with the walking trails and many of biggest attractions having non-AC queues AK seems to have the most options where I feel like I have to experience the heat in order to get to an attraction in which I'm interested.

I think the idea that any of them are significantly warmer than any of the others on the same day is anecdotal. I don't think it's a park design issue, it's a you're in central Florida issue.
As a Floridian of 25+ years, I have to weigh in on this one...
In its first few years AK was ROUGH. Nowhere near enough shade or fans to handle the heat. We avoided it entirely in summer for a long time. Lately, though, I find it much more tolerable. The vegetation has matured nicely, providing more natural shade throughout the day, and WDW has added more man-made shade and fans in critical areas. Still, when we visit in summer, I prefer to go late afternoon/evening times, and if we do go in the the morning, we only stay a couple hours. The greater amount of time spent outdoors really does make a difference, as @Barca33Runner said. As a Floridian, I try to spend as little daily life time outdoors as possible in summer.

EP is just brutal on a hot, sunny day. The worst of the parks, by far, IMO. All that pavement radiating heat, so little shade between buildings, and long walks. Ugh. We aim for late afternoons/evenings in summer, and until the sun sets, I use an umbrella as portable shade.

This is a fun question!

4. Epcot (hard for me because at one point it was my #1 park. I enjoy the live entertainment & food at the WS, but F&W Festival kinda did me in last year and I need a break)
3. HS (love Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Hollywood Boulevard is adorable, TSMM and so excited for Toy Story land. But the food options stink.)
2. Animal Kingdom (used to be last place but we are finding more and more to love about that park every time we visit!)
1. Magic Kingdom. (sorry, no question on this one. I could live in Adventureland)

So much controversy in this question. I like it.

6. Animal Kingdom (Duh)
5. Epcot (This place can get expensive)
4. Disney California Adventure (This may move up after Pixar Pier opens)
3. Hollywood Studios (But this still has ToT and I hope they never change it)
2. Magic Kingdom
1. DISNEYLAND

Sorry y'all. Disneyland is the best. Maybe it's because I live on the west coast. Maybe it's because I have been to DL tons and WDW once. But I love where DL is located. I love that I can get some Disney magic at Downtown Disney without having to pay for a park ticket. It just feels like home to me.

I have given way too much thought to this and have concluded it's like picking a favorite child... I may like a child more, but I love them all the same. (Hypothetically speaking of course as I'm not a parent...)

In a close tie for 2nd (In alphabetical order)...

AK - Animals. Tree. Floating mountain things (that I have yet to see).
DHS- Favorite Ride (TOT)! SW Fireworks. RIP to the Great Movie Ride.
Epcot- Counties. Food. Flying over counties.

Barely inching ahead of the others, we have our winner:

1. Magic Kingdom. The Castle... the magic... the mountains. It's the OG of WDW.
@run.minnie.miles really helped me with this with her favorite child analogy. I’m the mom to two teen boys and a rescue bulldog, and there’s usually a favorite of the day. So with that:
4. MGM (Aka HS)— this is like the teen who’s got braces and glasses and acne and a real “leave me alone”attitude at the moment but will undoubtedly become a beauty and favorite once again after the growing pains pass.
3. MK - so many wonderful memories at this park but the people and strollers and scooters have taken over. Like a toddler playdate that’s gone on tooooo looooong.
2. AK - the child who is finally growing up and suddenly is fun to hang out with.
1.EPCOT - your grown up kid who is your party companion. Although there’s still a part of you thinking it still has some growing and maturing to do.

@run.minnie.miles really helped me with this with her favorite child analogy. I’m the mom to two teen boys and a rescue bulldog, and there’s usually a favorite of the day. So with that:
4. MGM (Aka HS)— this is like the teen who’s got braces and glasses and acne and a real “leave me alone”attitude at the moment but will undoubtedly become a beauty and favorite once again after the growing pains pass.
3. MK - so many wonderful memories at this park but the people and strollers and scooters have taken over. Like a toddler playdate that’s gone on tooooo looooong.
2. AK - the child who is finally growing up and suddenly is fun to hang out with.
1.EPCOT - your grown up kid who is your party companion. Although there’s still a part of you thinking it still has some growing and maturing to do.
I’m going with your list. I love the way you described each park and agree totally!

1st place - Animal Kingdom. Loved it before Pandora but now it is so far ahead of the rest! My 6 year old granddaughter is obsessed with Pandora and will waif 2 hours in line happily for Flight of Passage and get right back in line again. This is the same child that gets grumpy when any other line is longer than 15 minutes.
2nd place - Epcot. We spend all day in Future World and another half day in World Showcase.
3rd place - Magic Kingdom ... the Magic pure and simple ... and love dinner at BOG.
4th place - Hollywood Studios. Even with Toy Story Land opening, just a half day park for us. Pretty boring. However, love the 50s Prime Time Cafe.

I recently watched Pandora for the first time (I know!) so now I am finally ready to do the Disney Pandora rides.
Is there more than one? I may have to do some research.
I keep hearing how long the Pandora lines are so I must be missing something?

I recently watched Pandora for the first time (I know!) so now I am finally ready to do the Disney Pandora rides.
There are two rides. Flight of Passage and a river ride. Although the river ride is beautiful, it is rather short and IMO.not worth waiting more than 20 minutes for. If park opens at 8, we book a fast pass for Flight of Passage at 9 and immediately speed walk to the river ride when the park opens. If the park is scheduled to open at 8, they normally let people in between 7:15 and 7:30 and they form a line over near Pandora. We have riden Flight of Passage at least 25 times and if part of the ride doesn't go down, the line pretty much constantly moves. We can immediately tell when a portion of the ride is down by the speed of the line. If we stand in one place for more than 2 minutes without moving a little, some of it is down. We have gotten in the line when it has said 3.5 hours and were loaded on the ride in about 95 minutes. We have also gotten in the line when it said 2 hours and it took over 3 (75% of it went down we were told). But in line there are things to look at ..it's very interesting .. especially if you are familiar with the movie. it is the only ride my family doesn't care how long the line is. We sometimes ride it 3 and 4 times in the day. Always get in line right before the park closes. Unless the ride partially goes down, the wait time will be grossly inflated then. Simply put, the ride is amazing!!!

2 rides. Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey. Flight of Passage lives up to the considerable hype. I didn't ride Navi River Journey. I didn't want to spend 2 hours in line for a boat ride through Pandora. I found myself in Animal Kingdom 3 times this past trip. Once to ride Flight of Passage with my little sister. After she went home, I returned again to ride it by myself (both times with a fastpass). When it was down for the entire day, I actually went back the next day to ride Flight of Passage and left Animal Kingdom after experiencing Flight of Passage. I'll eventually ride Navi River Journey, but not until the lines become very reasonable. A 5 minute boat ride through Pandora does not appeal to me.

I think the movie Avatar is a visual masterpiece to look at, but does not leave me feeling satisfied as a story. I still question whether or not Pandora was a smart investment for Disney. But I think they did a spectacular job on the land of Pandora itself and Flight of Passage especially. I can only hope that they are putting the same amount of thought and detail into Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

Also read up on the food offerings in Pandora. Those are pretty good too.

You don’t need to watch Avatar to know anything about Pandora. The land is set in a long period after the film. I run the official Pandora thread on TPAS with the link in my signature that has everything and then some about Pandora in one spot.

Lines for the attractions are routinely 90 plus minutes. Flight of Passage is especially long.

I think the movie Avatar is a visual masterpiece to look at, but does not leave me feeling satisfied as a story. I still question whether or not Pandora was a smart investment for Disney. But I think they did a spectacular job on the land of Pandora itself and Flight of Passage especially. I can only hope that they are putting the same amount of thought and detail into Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.
I wrote an article on this for the Dis a while back. Pandora that was built was not about the film itself but the land and its message which fits incredibly well with Animal Kingdom and its conservation efforts. If they built everything based off the movie I would likely feel differently but they were smart to build a different setting.

There are two rides. Flight of Passage and a river ride. Although the river ride is beautiful, it is rather short and IMO.not worth waiting more than 20 minutes for. If park opens at 8, we book a fast pass for Flight of Passage at 9 and immediately speed walk to the river ride when the park opens. If the park is scheduled to open at 8, they normally let people in between 7:15 and 7:30 and they form a line over near Pandora. We have riden Flight of Passage at least 25 times and if part of the ride doesn't go down, the line pretty much constantly moves. We can immediately tell when a portion of the ride is down by the speed of the line. If we stand in one place for more than 2 minutes without moving a little, some of it is down. We have gotten in the line when it has said 3.5 hours and were loaded on the ride in about 95 minutes. We have also gotten in the line when it said 2 hours and it took over 3 (75% of it went down we were told). But in line there are things to look at ..it's very interesting .. especially if you are familiar with the movie. it is the only ride my family doesn't care how long the line is. We sometimes ride it 3 and 4 times in the day. Always get in line right before the park closes. Unless the ride partially goes down, the wait time will be grossly inflated then. Simply put, the ride is amazing!!!
Yep, FoP as great as it is does not have great capacity. It has four theaters, with three levels of 16 each. It’s pretty common for 1-2 theaters to go down whether it’s ride issues or even maintenance coming to clean up a mess...

WOW!
Ask and ye shall receive!
Thanks everyone, regarding Pandora. :)
BTW, the movie was Avatar and I called it Pandora...DOH!

This will be on my priority list.
It is always exciting to have a new goal when it comes to WDW.

One month until registration!! It feels so weird to be booking rooms and (soon) dining before registration.

I know this is probably a question for the dining thread... But you all are experts, so here it goes:

I booked my room for arriving Thursday, but depending on flights, there is a good chance that we won't actually arrive until Friday and cancel the Thursday night room. When I book my dining, my 180 date will be based on the Thursday arrival. Will that cause a problem later down the road if I cancel that night (since I technically should have waited 1 more day)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!