Marathon Weekend 2021

So, I'm out doing my 5 miler today in perfect CT conditions and I hit a detour where they're laying new
sewer drains, and the construction worker throws up the "Slow" sign! :confused3 I said "Thanks, but I don't need to be reminded". My intervals got better after that! Just thought I add some levity to the current world we're living in today! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Last edited:
Well, I’m probably not going to end up registering for this. We will see. I think I want to keep these funds available to help any friends/family who might be out of work for the time being due to COVID. We will see how this all plays out in the next month.

Oh no :scared:
Not even going to speculate. I’m just sad.
In 2018, the 2019 marathon weekend registration didn't open until mid July [for different reasons]. So, there's plenty of time to speculate or at least take some time to see where this whole crisis ends up and then decisions can be made then. Don't be sad.....it will get better.

Well, since there is a good chance a lot my race calendar is going to be cancelled, my June trip to Disney is likely to be cancelled, and they have extended the annual passes based on the number of days they are closed...I am probably in for Dopey again—depending on how everything shapes out with my job, the parks, and so on. Glad to be possibly going again, not happy about the reason.

This is a rookie question (new to DIS) , but when is Marathon Weekend 2021? My family is planning a trip for May-June 2021 and I think running a 5K would be so cool!

This is a rookie question (new to DIS) , but when is Marathon Weekend 2021? My family is planning a trip for May-June 2021 and I think running a 5K would be so cool!
All the dates and info are in the runDisney FAQ thread at the top. The races are January 7-10th.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Avengers assemble! For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, create a super hero team of Disney characters. Use whatever criteria you want, but have fun with it.

Rules:
1. No Genie. That’s just too much and he’s on a well-earned vacation.
2. No IPs acquired by Disney. Marvel and Star Wars characters are out.
3. Don’t just say The Incredibles. That’s too easy. Limit yourself to one character from that movie.

My team:
Aladdin: Heroic, resourceful, caring, good fighter. He’s basically the Steve Rogers of the Disney universe.
Merida: No Avengers lineup is complete without a Hawkeye
Sorcerer Mickey: Gotta have Disney’s most iconic character. Plus, magic hat. ‘Nuff said.
Wreck-It Ralph: “I have an army.” “We have a Ralph.”
Frozone: The coolest member of the team.
Scrooge McDuck: the team needs a place to live and someone to finance it. Uncle Scrooge to the rescue.

I hope you’re all staying healthy! Have a great week, everyone.

Avengers assemble! For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, create a super hero team of Disney characters. Use whatever criteria you want, but have fun with it.

Based on the current state of affairs:

Pinocchio: Okay, I'm lieing!

My Team:
Grumpy: Can't go anywhere!
Sneezy: Better not in today's world!
Bashful: Facilitates social distancing!
Sleepy: Catching up on that!
Dopey: Who isn't these days!
Doc: The captain!

Player to be named later:
Happy: Needs some work!

That's all I got! Time to go running!

Rules:
1. No Genie. That’s just too much and he’s on a well-earned vacation.
2. No IPs acquired by Disney. Marvel and Star Wars characters are out.
3. Don’t just say The Incredibles. That’s too easy. Limit yourself to one character from that movie.

My team:
Aladdin: Heroic, resourceful, caring, good fighter. He’s basically the Steve Rogers of the Disney universe.
Merida: No Avengers lineup is complete without a Hawkeye
Sorcerer Mickey: Gotta have Disney’s most iconic character. Plus, magic hat. ‘Nuff said.
Wreck-It Ralph: “I have an army.” “We have a Ralph.”
Frozone: The coolest member of the team.
Scrooge McDuck: the team needs a place to live and someone to finance it. Uncle Scrooge to the rescue.

I hope you’re all staying healthy! Have a great week, everyone.
Uh... how can you say no IPs acquired by Disney and then be able to use Pixar?

1. Merlin
2. King Triton
3. Mufasa
4. The Beast
5. Maleficent

Let's see.....Disney Avengers SAFD, and I'll try to not re-use any previously chosen characters:

1) Hercules
2) Elsa
3) Yen Sid
4) Ludwig Von Drake
5) Jack Sparrow

You have muscle (Hercules), brains (Ludwig von Drake), luck and outside the box thinking (Jack), and two of the most powerful magic users in Disney. Elsa can be the leader too...she's a queen after all.

SAFD: I’m turning this one over to DH, who definitely had fun with it, and went a whole different direction.

His list:
1. Dexter Riley from “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes”
2. Dexter Riley from “The Strongest Man in the World”
3. Dexter Riley from “Now You See Him, Now You Don’t”
4. Nanu from “The World’s Greatest Athlete”
5. Herbie from . . . well, just Herbie. Always Herbie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter