Marathon Weekend 2021

Will put myself in the "maybe" category for next year as I love the idea,. but just don't know if I can pull off the execution. If my friend recovers enough to train, I will definitely be in. After being "bad parents" and pulling our kids from school two years in a row, I think we've hit our limit there. Considering doing solo trip for full (or Goofy) and then staying for DATW.

After this past weekend, I said I was going to "retire" from running. It was too hot and miserable, I've had an injury that won't heal properly and I've been such a klutz lately. Fast forward a few days and I'm looking at which races I'm going to register for this year. LOL

@lhermiston and I were chatting about these amazing weekends and how it's more than just the running. It's like a class reunion. We've gotten to know each other through these boards, hanging out before, during and after the races. I really do look forward to seeing everyone. But, as of right now, I am probably going to skip MW 2021. It really depends on which races I end up getting in to / doing this year. I have ran the past 4 Marathon Weekends and have had so much fun every year, making good friends along the way. It's going to be very difficult for me to not be there. :sad:

It really does feel like a class reunion.

Which is why I'm leaning towards the full and one other race instead of three. Leaves more time for people.

Hard to top our 10K adventures anyway.

Put our crazy family down...Not sure about Dopey/Goofy but def 2 marathons and at least one half. The one half is DD3 who will be 14 at the time and it'll be her first 1/2. She'll be coming of of XC season in early November, fingers crossed no injuries in the fall. Will have to get her to do a 10K for POT this spring.

The 14yo coming puts a bit of a kink in my DATW plans...

Put our crazy family down...Not sure about Dopey/Goofy but def 2 marathons and at least one half. The one half is DD3 who will be 14 at the time and it'll be her first 1/2. She'll be coming of of XC season in early November, fingers crossed no injuries in the fall. Will have to get her to do a 10K for POT this spring.

The 14yo coming puts a bit of a kink in my DATW plans...

She can be the designated walker though to make sure you know where you are going. Or send her around the parks on her own.

I registered for Dopey in August, and I don't think it sold out until well into Fall, so I think you would be safe.

Thanks! Hopefully that will be the case this year then. My heart tells me to sign up when registration opens, but my head is telling me that I really should make sure this is something I can do before I pay the few hundred dollars in race registration fees...

I'll be signing up for the full (first marathon 😱). Really excited, a little nervous, but I figure the best place to run my first full would be at Disney 🤩. I just love the runDisney community! How many miles per week do most of you put in over the summer? I'm in Florida, and heat is unforgiving that time of year.

I'll be signing up for the full (first marathon 😱). Really excited, a little nervous, but I figure the best place to run my first full would be at Disney 🤩. I just love the runDisney community! How many miles per week do most of you put in over the summer? I'm in Florida, and heat is unforgiving that time of year.
My first full was 2018 and it was amazing! It was also 42 degrees, so that was the icing on the cake!! My max mileage was 13 miles! Reach out to @DopeyBadger if you want an awesome training plan!!! 2018 was my personal best out of four Marathons but even with the heat this weekend it was my favorite marathon! I was well trained and it was fantastic!

I lived in FL when I trained for both of my marathons so I know where your coming from. I used a @DopeyBadger plan like @TeeterTots. Best decision I ever made! My LRs max out at 12 miles with a couple half’s thrown in that I wanted to run. I felt more than prepared on race day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter