Marathon Weekend 2021

1. Happily Ever After
2. Star Wars fireworks - whatever they had in February 2016, I think. It might have been January 2018. Whenever it was, it was simply magical. Great fireworks perfectly timed to the score from Star Wars. My mom and I were both in awe. I hate what they have now.
3. Electrical Parade

1. Happily Ever After
2. Star Wars fireworks - whatever they had in February 2016, I think. It might have been January 2018. Whenever it was, it was simply magical. Great fireworks perfectly timed to the score from Star Wars. My mom and I were both in awe. I hate what they have now.
3. Electrical Parade
Same - about the Star Wars Fireworks.

SAFD:

No surprises for anyone who has read any of a number of my past posts, but it’s Happily Ever After for me. There’s really nothing I don’t like about it. The soundtrack and spirit of the show hit me in a way that no other show has. I love that every time I see it I catch a different detail in the castle mapping that I’ve missed in the past. Mostly I just love the hopefulness and spirit it embodies.

Nothing beats seeing it in the parks, but I queue them up on my television every month or two and watch them when I’m feeling down. ETA: I know, I’m weird

SAFD:

No surprises for anyone who has read any of a number of my past posts, but it’s Happily Ever After for me. There’s really nothing I don’t like about it. The soundtrack and spirit of the show hit me in a way that no other show has. I love that every time I see it I catch a different detail in the castle mapping that I’ve missed in the past. Mostly I just love the hopefulness and spirit it embodies.

Nothing beats seeing it in the parks, but I queue them up on my television every month or two and watch them when I’m feeling down. ETA: I know, I’m weird

If you’re weird, then consider me weird, too. I put on Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! at home. Even from my couch, the “Genie, I wish for your freedom” line hits hard every time.

SAFD: I was so excited to see all the love for The Electric Light Parade! That and Fantasmic on the Rivers of America in Disneyland are pure nostalgia for me! I remember the first time I saw Fantasmic. We went two weeks after some friends had gone and they said you absolutely have to see Fantasmic and to get really good seats (which were literally on the ground in front of the Pirates/New Orleans Square area) you had to arrive hours early. I did not want to waste that much park time, so we all took turns to get food, walk around, listen to the music in New Orleans Square. The show was, well, fantastic! I had never seen anything like it before. Such a great memory.

My list would be
1) Electric Light Parade
2) Fantasmic (in DL)
3) HEA

HEA is by far the best show, but just does not touch my heart in the same way! Oh, I miss Disneyland!

Not quite sure how I forgot to put this on my list earlier, but the Osborne Lights, especially being there when they switched the lights on was incredible. I'm just sorry I got into running too late to do the race that ran through them.
I missed including the Osborne Lights on my list too. They were just magical! Definitely the highlight of Wine & Dine as a night race!!!

If you’re weird, then consider me weird, too. I put on Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! at home. Even from my couch, the “Genie, I wish for your freedom” line hits hard every time.
Another weirdo here! I watch all kinds of Disney videos: fireworks or shows or resort tours or rides or past races (nod to RezRuns), whether professional or amateur. And I have really been missing Tim Tracker and Josh and Jenna (Resort 1 TV) lately!

Another weirdo here! I watch all kinds of Disney videos: fireworks or shows or resort tours or rides or past races (nod to RezRuns), whether professional or amateur. And I have really been missing Tim Tracker and Josh and Jenna (Resort 1 TV) lately!
Gerald Reznick is the best - he has meetups every race weekend too. Tracker...well, I'll say nothing.

Really hard to narrow this down.

My favorite is probably the original Disneyland Fantasmic, especially early on when you didn't need to buy a special package to get a decent spot to watch it. I loved Disneyland's 50th anniversary fireworks, with Julie Andrews narrating and the fireworks effect around the Main Street Hub that made it seem like you were in the Haunted Mansion chamber.

I'd also list the original Illuminations, Spectromagic and Wonderful World of Animation at DHS.
Maybe it's my own bias, but I think Disneyland has better nighttime shows than Disney World. I still enjoy most of Disney World's nighttime shows though.

1. Remember Dreams Come True Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular. They used the entire hub to turn nighttime sky into some of the most beloved Disneyland attractions in the park history. I mean they blew up the Death Star before they had the nice projections they've introduced in more recent years. This is the standard by which all other Disney nighttime spectaculars are measured in my book. 15 years after its debut, it remains the best.

2. Star Wars Galactic Spectacular DHS: So much Star Wars music. Gets me every time.

3. Disneyland Fantasmic. There's something about the area that was accessible by guests all day long transforming into that story at night is special. And the Mark Twain at the finale is almost jaw dropping. I invested the time to watch it at DHS once and just cannot bring myself to spend that kind of time for the show again given how much more I enjoy it at Disneyland.

4. Illuminations. There's something very Epcot about that show for me and Epcot is my second favorite theme park behind only Disneyland.

5. World of Color.

6. Disneyland Forever from the 60th anniversary. I enjoyed this show, but I can't rank it higher because it was around for such a short time. It also reads more like a salute to all Disney movies, but not really Disneyland, but that does not take away from the pyrotechnic element of the show.

Happily Ever After really grew on me after running my first marathon if only because Go The Distance took on a very different meaning. Much of the show uses music from more recent movies that I do not love anywhere near as much as older ones, so I'm sure that's part of it. But as a pyrotechnics show, it is very well done.

Morning everyone. Joining in as (hopefully) I will be out there after getting a place on the full, which will be my first marathon after an Achilles Snap 2 years ago. We were supposed to be in California and Disneyland on points in March, but you know, 2020 happened, so the lovely Mrs Londontime gave me the nod to book a solo trip out using our points that were due to expire. Very excited to be part of a marathon that has the potential for Margaritas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts