March 2018 Food & Wine Trip Report!

VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
Good morning, campers! Thank you for joining us! This trip report features our awesome 2-day jaunt into Disneyland with my sister for the Food & Wine Festival. This was the 1st time she'd been to Disneyland in over 20 years! Our group included:

• me (Mom) - 44
  • DH - 45
  • ODD - 11
  • YDD - 9
  • DSis - 42
Thursday 3/22: DEPARTURE DAY!
The kids were too excited to sleep. YDD was awake at 5:17 am. The prior weekend, I'd injured my toe doing yard work and I'd been hobbling around. A few days before our trip, I went to urgent care and they confirmed that it wasn't broken. YAY! By Thursday morning, the swelling had gone down quite a bit, so I was confident that no scooter or wheelchair would be required. Our cupboards were bare in the house, so I ran out for bagels for breakfast and then a quick stop at the grocery store for drinks and snacks for the road.

The original plan was to be on the road by 8:30 am.
We actually hit the road an hour later from Phoenix. Not too bad!

We made pretty decent time until we got just west of Palm Springs. Stopped in Quartzsite for food, but took it to go since the McDonald's air conditioner had just broken! :eek: In Palm Springs, it started to rain. Once we got to the Ontario area, the traffic got really slow. We made it to the DLH at 4:15 pm.

Here's a boring pick of somewhere on the freeway. This looks like Phoenix, I think. :-)
IMG_0099[1].JPG

So at 4:15 pm on Thursday, we finally had arrived! There was a lot of squealing & cheering from the kids in the back seat when they saw this sign!
IMG_0103[1].JPG

We decided to self park our minivan, but we unloaded our bags with Bell Services. DH ran off to the bathroom and to check in to the hotel. He took the kids with him and I parked the car.

After parking the car, I ran into these 2!
upload_2018-3-26_14-42-51.png

DH was still at the check in desk when I walked in from parking the car. I told the CM that my sister was checking in later and that this was her 1st trip here in over 20 years, so the CM gave her a 1st visit button! Woot woot!
upload_2018-3-26_14-44-56.png

Then we were given all of our room keys, a map of the hotel, and away we went to the 12th floor of the Frontier Tower!

found it! keep going! (im going the same time next year and wanna hear how you did everything!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter