March 2018 Rental car watch

Not really an option I'm willing to take yet but this is a good deal for anyone willing to choose a non airport pickup/dropoff location:

Budget
March 3-10
Doubletree Disney Resort BLVD (several other location options)
BCD code: W852802
Coupon code: MUGZ057
Came in at a Total of $171.95

My reservation went down another $14 today so I again re-booked and will be happy to do so until I leave. Here is what I got this morning:

Dollar
March 2-10
Mid Size
Total: $224.93 ( This is not a prepay rate)
City Special (Lock Low and Go)

I haven't used this...doesn't meet our needs as a I need a rental beginning 2/26..but I found this:

New!Get 10% off at Alamo. Valid on all car classes. 5 day minimum, 27 day maximum rental period. Saturday overnight keep required, subject to availability. Use contract ID 10% OFF PROJECT TIME OFF. Reserve by 2/6/18, valid for travel 3/1/18 – 8/31/18.

I just did a search on the Costco site and budget came in cheaper than Alamo.

March 1-13 - full size $365. This is less than anything I've seen before.

Anyone have experience with Budget??

Just saved some money off my original booking today using American Express code and AOPA coupon.

Alamo
3/10 - 3/17
Standard
Corp ID 7016136
Coupon Code AD2365FDN
$176.11

Just saved some money off my original booking today using American Express code and AOPA coupon.

Alamo
3/10 - 3/17
Standard
Corp ID 7016136
Coupon Code AD2365FDN
$176.11

This got me down from 246 to 212.44 for a Standard size on March 4-11. Thanks!

The contract id 7016136 is a Amex code, you have to use your Amex card.

The coupon AD2365FDN is an AOPA coupon for $30 off.

Last edited:
2/28/18 - 3/4/18
Dollar
City Special
Mid Size
I got $461 ??

That's weird. I entered same info today: $161.11.

Pick-up
ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Orlando, FL
In-Terminal
Wed Feb. 28, 2018 / 11:00 AM
Return
ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Orlando, FL
In-Terminal
Sun Mar. 04, 2018 / 10:00 AM

Mid-size - More IntermediatesToyota Corolla
(or similar)
Person_5.gif
Luggage_3.gif
KPL_0.gif
AEC134357CD54E08AB620B80307699D8.gif

$27.00 (USD) per Day
$153.48 (USD) Approx. Total
Unlimited Miles

Pay Now
ArrowRight.gif
Rate Details

$28.59 (USD) per Day
$161.11 (USD) Approx. Total
Unlimited Miles

Pay Later
ArrowRight.gif
Rate Details

I think I missed the boat on this....I forgot to book our car for the following dates and prices are now double what they were...
March 30-April 4
Pick up at Disney Car Care (or close to) Return to TPA
Anyone have luck for later in the month?

The rates are still genuinely awful for later in March (I'm 3/16-22). I booked months ago with Alamo for about $210 for a compact. Now those rates are over $300, even with Costco discount and an upgrade coupon.

I did see Hertz rates at about $225. They used to be the highest...now they're reasonably competitive (did they incorporate Firefly into the Hertz name?...the Firefly site I looked at seemed to be mostly European locations now).

Anyway, take a look at Hertz

I actually just got Hertz for $300 for a full size from 3/30-4/4. I was surprised at how reasonable they were as well. I used Autoslash.

I am paying $256 for an Alamo standard car through Costco for 3/21-3/30. Here’s the catch though - I booked it 7/28/2017. I know this doesn’t help anyone now, but maybe it will help on a future trip. I booked it the second I had the flight info.

I am currently holding 2 Dollar reservations:
Dates March 2-10
$224 for a mid size and
$217 for a economy

These are AAA rate and lock low and go rates. AAA web site is giving me a pre pay option (through Hertz I believe) for an economy for $185. Don't like to pre pay, but might take that option closer to my departure date.
Still hoping for better!

I am currently holding 2 Dollar reservations:...

One thing I've run into a couple times lately when I've forgotten to cancel my Dollar reservations because I later got a better deal from Alamo...the next morning of the rental period I've gotten calls from Dollar asking me to call them with the numbers of the key tag of my rental (apparently they think I picked up the car). I wind up calling them from a park (no fun there) and explaining that my plans changed, etc. No problem except a bit of an annoyance. So, if you're not going to use your Dollar reservation, save yourself a little aggravation and cancel it before you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!