***March 2020***

I wonder if that means all the travel funds i have accumulated due to rebooking my flights at 1/2 the original cost do not qualify for the extended June 30, 2021 date.

March friends, today is a sad day for me (as it has been for most of us) -- they day were were planning to fly to Orlando. We'd be landing right about now, checking in the the Gran Destino Tower soon ... sigh. Grateful for this community, though, and I'm looking forward to visiting in June (our current reservation, we'll see) or whenever we're able.

I cheered myself up just now by buying three candles from the Magic Candle Company -- maybe overkill, but I think they'll make the waiting, and staying at home, a little easier.

Thinking of everyone and hope you're all doing well!

They gave me a refund of the unused rooms to be credited with in 7-10 days and 2 days ticket credit on my MDE account good for two years. ..
I had an issue of the disney giftcard they sent me for declining mousekeeping. When i tried to use it it said account closed... i have not sat on hold to fix it yet.

Anyone who had to shorten their trips in March see a refund yet. We're not yet past 10 days, but close.

Anyone who had to shorten their trips in March see a refund yet. We're not yet past 10 days, but close.
I wish! We arrived at Disney on March 11th and were supposed to stay until the 21st but ended up checking out on the 17th to get back home. While at the resort (we were at Beach Club) we were first told to arrange a refund at the front desk. The front desk told us they didn't yet know the procedure so to check in later. We then got a notice from management to call Disney directly for a refund. We checked at the front desk to try and alter our check-out date on our file but they said they couldn't change anything in their system until we were ready to completely vacate the room so to stop at the desk as we were leaving the hotel on the 17th and then call disney directly when we got home. We vacated our room at 2:45am on the 17th as we had a very early flight home. The person working the front desk hadn't been given any instructions on how to handle early check-outs so she just wrote our name and room number on a notepad for the day crew to handle. When we got home I called the number provided to me by the Beach club manager. They said I needed to talk to the Billing department directly but our file was showing that we were still in our room at the Beach Club and had not yet checked out! We called the resort number to try and get that sorted out but, of course, that number is more of a central warehouse and not a direct line to the resort and they told us they couldn't help at all. We found a fax number for Beach Club and faxed them to update our file to reflect the correct check out date but who knows if that got through! In the meantime, I called Billing, only to hear an automated message that their offices are closed due to covid-19 and to email instead and someone will get back to me.... eventually? I'm now on day 6 of waiting for a response to my email and am not feeling overly optimistic that I'll ever see a refund for the 4 hotel days I didn't use! I keep hoping that they're just backed up but, with no communication from Disney and no way to get through to the appropriate department, it feels like pretty lousy customer service.

That's basically the experience we had. The CM in the lobby the night of the announcement made it sound like no big deal. We tried to change our check out the next night since we were leaving early the next morning (not as early as you) but they said we had to stop by after we "vacated". So we stopped by at 6:15am and they were like, "oh you have to call". It took me 3 calls the day after we got back to just get to someone who seemed to be trying (the first one sent me to a recordered message, the 2nd one disconnected). Supposedly I talked to the right person and they said credit in 7-10 days. I think we're on day 9. Someone else in this thread said park ticket will only be a credit for use in the future (2 years). So for us it's only 1 hotel night and 1 day of dining. I'd be freaking out if it's 4 days!

Still waiting here. We’re expecting one night hotel refund and would like confirmation that our remaining days of tickets will be extended past the end of the year as we only even visit Florida around March.

I just called again today and the person said 7-10 business days. So I guess if I don't see a credit sometime next week I'll call again. Tomorrow would be the 10th business day. We had a package (and only lost 1 day/night) but I find it interesting that they always seem to say how they'll have to figure out what the credit will be. So mysterious! :)

Called again this morning, business day 12. After 20 mins on hold, got a rep. They asked me if I'd called the billing research dept yet (don't have that number) and then on hold while he checked in with Guest Services. They then transferred me to the person in Guest Services who told me they saw my "request" in the system and acknowleged it was taking a long time. She then told me my QS dining and 1 day remaining on ticket would not be refunded (that's about $300+). I asked what that meant, did I just "lose" the ticket all together? She said she wasn't sure what they were doing about packages and that she'd submit another request to have my account reviewed.

This is a FAR CRY from what the front desk CMs told us on the evening of 3/12. In the grand scheme of things, this isn't huge (but who couldn't use a few hundred dollars?), but I'm finding it frustrating that I've talked to 7 different CMs at this point and still don't know what we'll get back, if anything.

edit to add: I've had to cancel 2 other travel related things since we left WDW and in both cases have already received our full refunds. One was a condo at the beach and they didn't bat an eye about canceling even though I was w/in the window where I shouldn't have gotten 100% back.

Hi, we finally got a reply to our message. WDW will refund us or last day at the resort. They said they can’t “extend our tickets” - we have 3 days left and we can’t go before the end of the year. (We we’re going to stay off-site after our on-site stay) this is what they said but I am unsure how to answer because I don’t know what it means. Does anyone know? “Regrettably, we are unable to extend your unused tickets, however, we are happy to offer complimentary tickets for the unused days.” Thank you.

Hi, we finally got a reply to our message. WDW will refund us or last day at the resort. They said they can’t “extend our tickets” - we have 3 days left and we can’t go before the end of the year. (We we’re going to stay off-site after our on-site stay) this is what they said but I am unsure how to answer because I don’t know what it means. Does anyone know? “Regrettably, we are unable to extend your unused tickets, however, we are happy to offer complimentary tickets for the unused days.” Thank you.

That's oddly worded. I'm presuming they just can't alter the original tickets and instead are issuing you new tickets? The word "regrettably" makes it sounds like they are declining to help in regard to the tickets, but the last part makes it sound like they are just issuing comps which is essentially the same thing?

That's oddly worded. I'm presuming they just can't alter the original tickets and instead are issuing you new tickets? The word "regrettably" makes it sounds like they are declining to help in regard to the tickets, but the last part makes it sound like they are just issuing comps which is essentially the same thing?
That is what I thought too...if it amounts to the same thing, then how does it impact me? I guess I’ll ask for clarification and see what they say. I was just wondering if that meant something to anyone. I’ll let you know how it turns out! Thank you.

Regarding the tickets, they said they couldn’t “extend them” past the end of the year. But they would issue new 3 day tickets for the days remaining to be used the following year, but these would not be upgradable. Sounds fair enough to me.

Update with a positive ending: As I posted earlier, my original trip was for March 11th-21st (10 days). We ended up checking out on the 17th, leaving 4 nights early. After some runaround on the phone, I ended up emailing Disney's billing department. FINALLY heard back from them last Wednesday (25th) and the email said I'd see a refund within 7-10 business days but they couldn't tell me how much.

I'd been keeping an eye online on my credit card transactions since that's what I paid for my vacation with and, just this afternoon, I finally saw my refund - Phew! I had booked a package that included room and Canadian-resident tickets (no dining plan). It looks like they basically took the cost of the entire package, divided it by 10 to figure out the per-day rate, then refunded me for 4 of those days. That means I've been essentially reimbursed for the unused hotel AND ticket amount, which had not been promised by disney at all in any of the communication I received. In addition, I'm still seeing my unused ticket days in MDE with an expiry of December 15th so it looks like they've let me keep those even though I've been financially reimbursed for them. Not sure if those will now disappear but I've been sure to take screenshots just in case :)

So, overall, I'm happy with this resolution. I would have appreciated better and faster communication but I can understand that in these unprecedented times they were likely doing the best they could. Fingers crossed the rest of you still waiting to hear back get satisfying results as well!

So, overall, I'm happy with this resolution. I would have appreciated better and faster communication but I can understand that in these unprecedented times they were likely doing the best they could. Fingers crossed the rest of you still waiting to hear back get satisfying results as well!

That sounds great! I'm hoping for just my 1 day, I'm sure you are very relieved with 4 days!

That sounds great! I'm hoping for just my 1 day, I'm sure you are very relieved with 4 days!
SO relieved. I'm one of those people whose income has been affected by all the covid-19 closures so this money will go a long way towards helping to cover those losses. This is the only time I've been grateful for Disney's super high costs, which made for quite a nice refund amount :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!