March 23rd, 2018 3-Night Bahamian Cruise

Lets get a fish extender group going...

We have a facebook page Disney Dream March 23-26, 2018 or you can sign up right here!! I have attached the information form you can fill out for your cabin or you can email it to me! Here are some details and please don't hesitate to ask any questions. We are also doing a door magnet and ornament exchange as well... more details about that on face book or just let me know if you and your family would like to join in!!

Share some magic with your fellow cruisers!

Important Details
Requirements for your Fish Extender are:
you are able to hang it from the Fish in the hallway
A zip tie (or cable tie) is a handy piece of equipment to secure your fish extender. We don’t want any fish extender swiping. Let’s face it, even on a Disney Cruise; there are people out there who may not always follow Jiminy Cricket’s advice!! The zip tie helps to deter this.

If you look at the ribbon on any fish extender (that is what you place over the fish) that is how the "extender" hangs on the fish. It is very easy to just remove the extender by just un-hooking it from the fish. So, you take your zip tie and cinch it around both of the ribbons that are hanging from the fish on both sides... and you cinch the zip tie so that the two ribbons squeeze around the fish making it impossible to remove the extender.
The zip-tie goes around the ribbon or string that attaches to the fish... and you place it just under the fish... it actually scoots itself up to the fish as you tighten it... the trick is to leave it NOT so tight so that you can get your scissors or nail clippers thru it when you are ready to take it down.

The wall that the fish extender is hung on is roughly 8” wide. If you make your extender much wider, it will stick out into the hallway and/or hit your stateroom door.
The fish to hang your extender from is about 5’3” off the floor. When deciding upon a length for your extender, be sure you keep in mind that you will hang it from the fish, which will add overall length to your extender.it has a pocket or pouch to hold the gifts you will receive.
That’s it. Breathe. Relax.

Where Do I Get a Fish Extender?
Some folks make their own Fish Extenders.
Some buy Fish Extenders from places like e-bay.
Others find creative things to use as Fish Extenders. All kinds of ideas and examples can be found online. Pinterest is loaded with great ideas!!

The Magic of Fish Extender Gifts
So what do people put in the Fish Extenders? How often do you deliver gifts

Gifts can be regional in theme.
Gifts can be Disney related.
Gifts can be event specific.
Gifts can represent you.
Gifts can be almost anything.
Gifts need to be tagged with your cabin/name information.

Gifts are delivered throughout the day and night, totally dependent upon your schedule. It did seem that there were a lot of deliveries on the first full day aboard the ship.

Some instances a gift is given to each individual. Sometimes it is given to the entire the cabin. Quite often children get special gifts just for them. If your cabin has a roommate situation, where you both are participating in the Fish Extender Exchange, but do not reside together in real life, please state that when you sign up. Each person would then be listed and each person would receive gifts of their own.

Some important things to remember about gifts:
Some people have food allergies. (i.e. cinnamon, peanuts, coconut, etc.). If you do, please mention that when you sign up for the Fish Extender list.
Be aware of how much space will be needed to transport your gifts to the ship (and then home again).

Fish Extenders can be filled with anything from store bought goodies to homemade loot. Think small and practical. Don’t try and stuff your suitcase with 27 tumblers and a pile of Mickey beach towels. The gifts are usually cruise themed and can be used during the recipient’s trip. Here are some ideas: magnets, buttons, hand sanitizers, coloring books, crayons, packaged candy, specialty treats from the state or city you live in, koozies, tote bags, soaps, key-chains, autograph books, lanyards, Disney pins, luggage tags, glow sticks, eye patches for Pirate night, mini flashlights, stickers, bracelets, etc. Many of these are items you can find at the dollar store or online on Etsy. You can practically add Disney magic to anything by personalizing it with stickers or embellishments

You may want to bring a few extras because it’s not uncommon for others to go around and sprinkle a little pixie dust in your pockets. Spread the love and put a smile on a fellow cruiser’s face!

From time to time, peoples cabin number changes. If this happens to you, please let me know as soon as possible!

Now here are a few tips:
1) If you can ship your gifts ahead of time, do it - saves so much room in your luggage. Make sure you allow enough time for your package to arrive prior to the start of the cruise. You don't want to get to the ship and discover that your package did not make it to meet you.
2) Be sure you have room in your luggage for the goodies you will receive. I thought I would have so much room in my suitcase since I had given away the goodies I brought; however, I had just as much to take home!

3) If you are talented and can make your gifts - they are so appreciated. All gifts are awesome, and homemade ones are like icing on the cake!

4) Because everyone always asks this question, the average amount spent is $10-15 a Cabin. But, please give what you want and what you can. Involve everyone in the planning it adds to the fun of the fish extender gift exchange!
5) Plan your delivery - either map them or organize by number.
6) Trip personalized gifts are awesome - some of the coolest gifts were items that were personalized with our cruise dates or motto (pens, notepads, etc)
7) Fasten your Fish Extender to the fish with a zip tie - there was a report of a near Fish Extender napping on our cruise thread - I think personalizing the Fish Extender helps, too.
8) Make delivering the gifts a family affair. At one point I could hear a cute family whispering outside my door as they had the kids put the goodies in the Fish Extender.

9) all food items must be store purchased.

10) Have fun, make it magical and please do not hesitate to ask any questions! I can’t wait to set sail!!

Attachments

• FE sign up.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 17
Left a note on your fb post that we are interested in joining a FE group on dream March 23-26 sailing. Not sure what happens from here. Thank you
Nancy Hesselbach

Lets get a fish extender group going...

We have a facebook page Disney Dream March 23-26, 2018 or you can sign up right here!! I have attached the information form you can fill out for your cabin or you can email it to me! Here are some details and please don't hesitate to ask any questions. We are also doing a door magnet and ornament exchange as well... more details about that on face book or just let me know if you and your family would like to join in!!

Share some magic with your fellow cruisers!

Important Details
Requirements for your Fish Extender are:
you are able to hang it from the Fish in the hallway
A zip tie (or cable tie) is a handy piece of equipment to secure your fish extender. We don’t want any fish extender swiping. Let’s face it, even on a Disney Cruise; there are people out there who may not always follow Jiminy Cricket’s advice!! The zip tie helps to deter this.

If you look at the ribbon on any fish extender (that is what you place over the fish) that is how the "extender" hangs on the fish. It is very easy to just remove the extender by just un-hooking it from the fish. So, you take your zip tie and cinch it around both of the ribbons that are hanging from the fish on both sides... and you cinch the zip tie so that the two ribbons squeeze around the fish making it impossible to remove the extender.
The zip-tie goes around the ribbon or string that attaches to the fish... and you place it just under the fish... it actually scoots itself up to the fish as you tighten it... the trick is to leave it NOT so tight so that you can get your scissors or nail clippers thru it when you are ready to take it down.

The wall that the fish extender is hung on is roughly 8” wide. If you make your extender much wider, it will stick out into the hallway and/or hit your stateroom door.
The fish to hang your extender from is about 5’3” off the floor. When deciding upon a length for your extender, be sure you keep in mind that you will hang it from the fish, which will add overall length to your extender.it has a pocket or pouch to hold the gifts you will receive.
That’s it. Breathe. Relax.

Where Do I Get a Fish Extender?
Some folks make their own Fish Extenders.
Some buy Fish Extenders from places like e-bay.
Others find creative things to use as Fish Extenders. All kinds of ideas and examples can be found online. Pinterest is loaded with great ideas!!

The Magic of Fish Extender Gifts
So what do people put in the Fish Extenders? How often do you deliver gifts

Gifts can be regional in theme.
Gifts can be Disney related.
Gifts can be event specific.
Gifts can represent you.
Gifts can be almost anything.
Gifts need to be tagged with your cabin/name information.

Gifts are delivered throughout the day and night, totally dependent upon your schedule. It did seem that there were a lot of deliveries on the first full day aboard the ship.

Some instances a gift is given to each individual. Sometimes it is given to the entire the cabin. Quite often children get special gifts just for them. If your cabin has a roommate situation, where you both are participating in the Fish Extender Exchange, but do not reside together in real life, please state that when you sign up. Each person would then be listed and each person would receive gifts of their own.

Some important things to remember about gifts:
Some people have food allergies. (i.e. cinnamon, peanuts, coconut, etc.). If you do, please mention that when you sign up for the Fish Extender list.
Be aware of how much space will be needed to transport your gifts to the ship (and then home again).

Fish Extenders can be filled with anything from store bought goodies to homemade loot. Think small and practical. Don’t try and stuff your suitcase with 27 tumblers and a pile of Mickey beach towels. The gifts are usually cruise themed and can be used during the recipient’s trip. Here are some ideas: magnets, buttons, hand sanitizers, coloring books, crayons, packaged candy, specialty treats from the state or city you live in, koozies, tote bags, soaps, key-chains, autograph books, lanyards, Disney pins, luggage tags, glow sticks, eye patches for Pirate night, mini flashlights, stickers, bracelets, etc. Many of these are items you can find at the dollar store or online on Etsy. You can practically add Disney magic to anything by personalizing it with stickers or embellishments

You may want to bring a few extras because it’s not uncommon for others to go around and sprinkle a little pixie dust in your pockets. Spread the love and put a smile on a fellow cruiser’s face!

From time to time, peoples cabin number changes. If this happens to you, please let me know as soon as possible!

Now here are a few tips:
1) If you can ship your gifts ahead of time, do it - saves so much room in your luggage. Make sure you allow enough time for your package to arrive prior to the start of the cruise. You don't want to get to the ship and discover that your package did not make it to meet you.
2) Be sure you have room in your luggage for the goodies you will receive. I thought I would have so much room in my suitcase since I had given away the goodies I brought; however, I had just as much to take home!

3) If you are talented and can make your gifts - they are so appreciated. All gifts are awesome, and homemade ones are like icing on the cake!

4) Because everyone always asks this question, the average amount spent is $10-15 a Cabin. But, please give what you want and what you can. Involve everyone in the planning it adds to the fun of the fish extender gift exchange!
5) Plan your delivery - either map them or organize by number.
6) Trip personalized gifts are awesome - some of the coolest gifts were items that were personalized with our cruise dates or motto (pens, notepads, etc)
7) Fasten your Fish Extender to the fish with a zip tie - there was a report of a near Fish Extender napping on our cruise thread - I think personalizing the Fish Extender helps, too.
8) Make delivering the gifts a family affair. At one point I could hear a cute family whispering outside my door as they had the kids put the goodies in the Fish Extender.

9) all food items must be store purchased.

10) Have fun, make it magical and please do not hesitate to ask any questions! I can’t wait to set sail!!

Hi!! I am totally new to this this was a last minute surprise for the kids, how do I sign up? Kids would love this!! Would love to check out the Facebook page for the trip too how do I find it? So excited!! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter