March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

I will be there (with GeriLyne) starting March as well. Staying at GCH again, obviously . . .

As long as we can ride RotR and get drinks at Trader Sam's, I'm good.

I haven't checked in to the thread yet but I wanted to say that there is Fantasmic showing Monday March 23! Yay!

Officially joining the March list! We will be there 3/1 and 3/2 staying at the Del Sol (for the first time, taking a chance!). This was a slightly unexpected add on to a conference in San Diego. I'm super excited because it was my bosses idea and she hasn't been since she was a kid.

I want to play too!

What is:

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? Meander down Main Street and head to Pirates. Always our first ride.
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Mikey Beignets!
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? Aside from ROtR, Splash Mountain
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? Space Mountain.
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? Minnie. :)

Only 43 days left!!

I never went on Tower of Terror. Went on Guardians once. Almost barfed on the ride. It was terrifying. Couldn't stop shaking for about 10 min afterwards. The only way I didn't throw up was by screaming with everything I had. It felt like the drops never ended. I'd just start to get over one and another one would start. Some were long, some were short, but I couldn't tell how long each one would last, so I was petrified each time. My kids went on it, too. They were in tears.

NEVER AGAIN!
I did barf on the ride last year! :scared: I was able to uhh.. contain it until after the ride but it messed up my stomach for a while afterwards. It was horrifying. I was fine with TOT!

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? Try for a BG for ROTR
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Raspberry Rose Macaron
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? BTMRR is my true love
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? I'm not sure...I like them all :)
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? I love Mickey. I hate waiting in line. So we'll see if it happens.

This trip it's the 5 of us going plus a couple of friends. We've started making plans ect and I have NO idea if they're up for my version of DLR....So we'll see. lol. Our group will be 4 adults, 18yr DS, 16yr DD, 8yr DD

Reactions: EmJ

I haven't checked in to the thread yet but I wanted to say that there is Fantasmic showing Monday March 23! Yay!
Hi - we are headed to Disneyland 3/26-3/29- WDW vets as a family (2 adults- 3 kids- 14-12 and 10) but I grew up going to Disneyland. We are staying at GHC for two nights! Where do you look to find events that are happening later in March?

Hi - we are headed to Disneyland 3/26-3/29- WDW vets as a family (2 adults- 3 kids- 14-12 and 10) but I grew up going to Disneyland. We are staying at GHC for two nights! Where do you look to find events that are happening later in March?

when you go in to book a fantasmic package on the DL package, it will show available dates 60 days out. March 23 is 60 from today :)

when you go in to book a fantasmic package on the DL package, it will show available dates 60 days out. March 23 is 60 from today :)
Got it - thanks that makes since - my booking window opens soon so I can check my dates. Used to WDW and planning much further out!

Well.... everyone else is playing!

What is:

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? A leisurely stroll down Main Street (I can hear Surrey with the Fringe on Top already), and then lunch at Cafe Orleans, as is our tradition.
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Hmm. Either the Ronto Wrap or the Fluffer Nutter Churro if they still have them.
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? RotR, most definitely!
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? We don’t have anything like that, since we both dislike the same rides for the most part. Me Toad’s Wild Ride is her special ride, so it’s probably the best fit for this category even though I like it too.
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? Oof. I wish we could find Flynn Rider, but I’ll put Boba Fett out there, if we can get him to notice us.

What is:

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland?
On our next trip we'll go to DCA first, then DLR. I do believe our first ride is going to be Incredicoaster.
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to?
Food: Breakfast at Jolly Holiday, Snack: Bengal BBQ, Treat: Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Beverage: Something nice from Oga's.
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to?
ROTR!!!
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favourite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favourite?
Snow White or Pinnochio or Mr. Toad
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with?Any of them, tbh. I love them all.

I'm in.
1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? Main Street stroll.... & count my blessings!
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Table-side guacamole in DTD.
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? Pirates
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? Tea cups.
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? Mary Poppins & Bert

We’re going in March! The 16-18 staying at Hojo.

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? Possibly checking WiFi and getting a boarding group for ROTR if they’re still doing boarding groups in March. Otherwise I always have to slow myself down going down Main Street and remember to enjoy a slow stroll rather than speed walk to rides!
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Breakfast ronto wrap and I love Mickey pretzels!
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? Rotr! HM is our favorite though and we’re hoping it’ll be open.
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? I like everything, but my husband doesn’t like Splash, Jungle Cruise, teacups, and IASW. I’m hoping he’ll go on a couple of those with me!
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? We don’t do character meets, but I love seeing characters walk through the park! I’d love to see Rapunzel, Flynn, and Gaston!

Ok. Everthing squared away. Now to bite the bullet and buy the tickets. Mr and Mrs MickeyT - March 16 - March 20. Desert Inn!

One question (for now). Why would TP be showing 10's and 9's for this week? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
... One question (for now). Why would TP be showing 10's and 9's for this week? Am I missing something?
Beware of depending on crowd calendars for DLR. They aren't a great resource here; they work better at WDW. See this thread: Most accurate crowd calendars?. If TP is using last year's data for their algorithm, last year's Spring Break crowds were surpringly high as people flocked to the parks early in the year to avoid the opening of SWGE at the end of May. There might also have been a combination of people using the SoCal Promo tickets and APs on Spring Breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter