March Trip reports

I thought about getting the Mickey pants, but I am also trying to lose 35lbs...haha. So I stuck with a cone (or two)

The launch looked so cool Ed, one day, we hope to make it to one of those again too. (by again, I mean my hubby again and the rest of us for the first time)

Check in one week from today :cool1:. Will be faxing over my loop request today, we will be in a full hook up, requesting 1600 or 1800 with the hopes of another canal site. 1700 was my favorite as I love the wide level sites, but ever since we got lucky with a canal site, I now request 1600 or 1800. Of course I will be happy with any site as we always make do with whatever we get :).

Got to the fort around 12, then to my site around 1. Guy accrost the road parked 2 feet off the road, so a tough shot getting in. Made it in one try, then 6 more to get it straightened out where I wanted it. My dog is getting better at barking left and right. The guy next to the road must be a newbie here. Put his trash bag out on the curb, the trash bin is 10 feet in front of his truck. After about three hours of setup (dog doesn’t help much) it was off to Animal Kingdom for food.

We have been busy running around Florida with family from Oklahoma, according to my cars odometer 800 miles worth of fun. Will need a oil change when we get home.
We have visited the Fort several times, been to the Fl. mall, Twister airboat ride in Cocoa, the beach stores, Kennedy Space center, (the new visitors center is nice), Disney Springs and City walk. Today we will be at Aquatica then tomorrow the visiting family heads home. They had such a great time that we are planning to meet up again, this time we have reservations at the Fort for July.

We have a breakfast ADR at Whispering Canyon on Saturday.
One more week here in Orlando before making our way back home.

Went and spent the day doing some resort hopping, started out with breakfast ADR at WL. Hade two platters of the AYCE breakfast.
6DB5F0A5-A91C-4E7A-9567-959B241C5EB4.jpeg

Then we took the boat to Cont. and the monorail over to MK. Jumped a bus to AK, didn’t even have to wait, it was sitting there waiting on us. Bought a refill mug at AK and put it to good use.
Seen a lot of animals.
010BD0D2-972C-4AD6-B23E-E7F30B37D7CE.jpeg

DA222D6C-2EFD-47D9-8AFE-F64C47A9026E.jpeg

661811CA-A2AF-4757-A473-F2340F6D35E5.jpeg

Went back to MK and took the boat around past the Fort and back to WL.
Back at the KOA now relaxing and getting ready to have a fire and roast hotdogs.

March 23-24. Just came up for the weekend. Clear bright skies and the weather was perfect. Cheers.

full

Although I own a pop-up, I am partial to Airstreams, xplorer. I visited their factory in Ohio a few years ago and wrote about it on the Camping Community Board.

They are great campers (I hope you agree).

Bama Ed

They are great campers (I hope you agree).
My neighbor bought an Airstream last year and has been taking his elderly mother around the country. Never saw one up close till I saw his, very impressive.
In 2015 we saw one while in Breckenridge that had a slide out, very cool

In 2015 we saw one while in Breckenridge that had a slide out, very cool

Joe,

I too had noticed a few Airstreams in the past with the slide and asked about slides on the tour (or rather the lack of them in the current year's models) and was told that they were only made for a few years in a few models before they were discontinued.

So I found it strange that Airstream moved away from them (long term quality issues) but Airstream is iconic without one. If I had the money to buy a new 2500 truck and the money to buy a new Airstream full size, I would do it.

Bama Ed

We are here , 1616, not right on the water like last time, but very close. Faxing seems to be the way to go, third time faxing, third time with the loop and canal front we asked for. Weather temp. is perfect but it is a bit breezy. Eating at camp tonight then heading over to Epcot to meet family.
IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1613.JPG

We will be heading over to DS for our last night here, have to get one last drink from Dockside.

There is a nest of bald eagles on one of the over head signs on the 528 west between MCO and I-drive, I am going that way and see if I can found them again and post back if anyone wants to venture out and try and get a quick look.

Great site Terri. I'm really considering a Full site next time. Do you think a 42 ft trailer will fit on that site?

I really like how open they feel compared to the Premium and Preferred sites I've been in lately.

j

Between the time we went to the Poly for breakfast and got back, they had all the old wood from the lake side of River Country Removed. A sad day indeed.

They were also putting up a concrete and chain link wall on the road going to Wilderness lodge. Trying to post the pictures, but the Fort wifi is a little slow this morning.

Great site Terri. I'm really considering a Full site next time. Do you think a 42 ft trailer will fit on that site?

I really like how open they feel compared to the Premium and Preferred sites I've been in lately.

j
Yes, there are a lot of big fifth wheels and motor homes in the full hook ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter