Mardi Gras Float Rider

I was able to sign up last night! Really hoping we’ll get picked for one night while we are there!! Did it 6-7 years ago and it was an absolute blast!

I was able to sign up last night! Really hoping we’ll get picked for one night while we are there!! Did it 6-7 years ago and it was an absolute blast!
Yeah seems like it will be something different to do - ill be there 6 or 7 nights so hopefully I can get one.
You can also check for spots on the day - from what I hear they may have people around the Barney area with clipboards looking for people to fill in for no shows etc..

Can you sign up as a couple? We both have APs but wouldn’t want to it solo.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Already at capacity for my date. Do they send out notification. Second year in a row I tried to sign up on the day it opened and it was full.

Keep in mind - even if you sign up it is just a lottery - from what one of the bloggers said they have never been picked from the signup page and usually just show up mid week and get a slot

Last edited:
Yes you can! There's an option after you enter your AP number to choose "Myself +1 guest"

Or +3 guests. We went as a family twice last year. Highly recommended.

Girls-Parade.jpg

Keep in mind - even if you sign up it is just a lottery - from what one of the bloggers said they have never been picked from the signup page and usually just show up meed week and get a slot

It is a lottery. Last year I put in my name and my wife's name for something like six consecutive days. I got chosen twice and her name was never drawn.

Gator-Float-Family-Picture.jpg

I always am late for the lottery so I just wait on the benches across from Woody the Woodpecker ride. That is the standby line and have gotten on a float every time during the week. On the weekends if I show up by at least 3 hours before the parade starts I can get a spot, but once I showed up 1 hour before and they were completely full.

Ugh, I just measured my youngest son and he is 47 inches with his shoes on.
No way we would do it without him, he might already have to see his twin sister be able to ride Forbidden Journey and he can't

I always am late for the lottery so I just wait on the benches across from Woody the Woodpecker ride. That is the standby line and have gotten on a float every time during the week. On the weekends if I show up by at least 3 hours before the parade starts I can get a spot, but once I showed up 1 hour before and they were completely full.

How much before parade start time do you suggest for the weekdays?

Just saw on the app that they will be using a virtual queue this year. "New this year! Guests interested in riding on a Mardi Gras parade float are only able to reserve their spot using Virtual Line within the app"

Okay so now it's all done on the virtual line, I just did it yesterday. Here's how it works. Download the Universal app and click Mardi Gras then pick parade (from the tabs) then pick the Mardi Gras Parade Float riding , navigate down to VIrtual Line pass Reserve. We started looking at Noon, about every half an hour and at 4:04 PM, I was able to reserve a spot on the float. You can request a max of 3 people. I picked the first available time (out of 3 available) and no luck, so then I picked the second time range and got the 3 "tickets" to ride the float. My party then when to the area by the chairs outside of the Pet Show and checked in, got our wrist bands. It was easy and there were a lot of spots available yesterday. We only had 13 people on our float and it could have fit 20.

Just saw on the app that they will be using a virtual queue this year. "New this year! Guests interested in riding on a Mardi Gras parade float are only able to reserve their spot using Virtual Line within the app"

Yep just did it yesterday, went pretty smoothly and no more waiting in an actual line. Just neverously checking the app, to see when the virtual line opens up. On the app it states it opens up a few hours before the parade. Yesterday the parade was at 6 PM and the virtual line opened at a little after 4 PM.

Great info.
DH and I both signed up for the 2 nights we'll be in Orlando next month.
Each did a plus 1
Anyone happen to know when they send out the notice (as in how far out from the date) if your name gets picked?

Great info.
DH and I both signed up for the 2 nights we'll be in Orlando next month.
Each did a plus 1
Anyone happen to know when they send out the notice (as in how far out from the date) if your name gets picked?
I looked at the fine print and it says 3 days somewhere

Thought I’d post about my experience. Signed up through the AP link online for three different nights the day it was available to submit online. Didn’t receive an email back for any of the nights. Tried the app those three nights. One night I got the screen where it asked for a time but when I clicked the times listed they both showed full. The other two nights I never even got that far. Just kept saying not available and I tried multiple times. Not too disappointed as we found other things to do but it is totally random. They will not accept any standby riders anymore.

Yep just did it yesterday, went pretty smoothly and no more waiting in an actual line. Just neverously checking the app, to see when the virtual line opens up. On the app it states it opens up a few hours before the parade. Yesterday the parade was at 6 PM and the virtual line opened at a little after 4 PM.

When did you have to return ahead of the parade? And how long did you have to wait around before you hopped on the float and the parade was actually underway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!