Marshmelo's Journal

Marshmelo

DIS Veteran
Thursday 10/23/03
I just joined the WISH Board yesterday because I knew I had to do something to keep myself on track. I've been doing the WW points, but find that I slip up too often and then feel like the whole week is a loss. The past two weeks I just didn't care. I just feel like I have so far to go that sometimes I feel like it's useless. But, I'm getting married next October, so I do want to stay motivated to look good for my wedding. After the past two weeks, I told my fiance, Doug, that I just didn't know what to do anymore. But, that's not true....I do. That's why I joined this group. I will stay motivated and count my points and check in here every day and exercise. I will control myself on the weekends instead of thinking they don't count. I have about 55 pounds to lose to be in onederland, so that is my first goal. I am now going to take things day by day, even meal by meal, instead of eating one thing I shouldn't and feeling like the rest of the week doesn't matter anymore. My first day of this new outlook was yesterday and I counted my points and exercised. Today, I've been counting them so far and I even resisted cake at work, even though it was hard. Sweets are my downfall. I'm just really glad to have the opportunity to join this support group. I think it will really help me be on my way to success and I'm excited!

Friday 10/24/03
I stayed in my point range yesterday and weighed in to find that I lost 1.5 lbs. this week. I was pretty happy with that. This morning is the 'friday morning breakfast' ritual at work, which I allow myself to participate in. I had a couple of thin slices of some struedels. They were good, but then after I ate it, I felt guilty. I really shouldn't since this is something I "allow" myself on Friday so that I won't go really crazy hopefully. Usually though I will go back for more during the late morning for a snack. I didn't do it today, so I guess that's something anyway. I brought my lunch from home, which is fairly low in points, but for dinner I go out on Fridays. I am going to try to not go too overboard, so we'll see how that goes. Doug informed me last night that another couple wants to go out to dinner with us tomorrow. Also, I have my annual CPR training at work tomorrow because I'm on the 'office safety team.' They usually feed us pizza, breadsticks, pops, and cookies (!) for lunch. Oh no! Tomorrow is going to be really hard for me! I don't know if I'll even get any exercise in this weekend. Maybe I'll have time at least Sunday.

Welcome to WISH. I'm so glad you decided to join the challenge. It's been a big help to me, especially the journal. Reading about everyone's own struggle gives me hope to go on with my own.

It sounds like you're off to a good start. I'm on low carb, so I don't know too much about the points. But drink plenty of water and try to exercise every day if only a little. That seems to help me. Park a little further from work, a small walk around the block, etc.

You have a wonderful goal...getting slim for your wedding. I know you can do it with a positive attitude and support from everyone on WISH.
Nancy J.(Disney Grannie):wave2:

Thursday 10/30/2003

It's been awhile since I've written because I haven't been feeling well since Monday. The weekend wasn't too bad. I went to a Mexican Restaurant on Friday and got a vegetarian plate and a diet coke (which kills me! I don't really like diet). On Saturday, I came to my CPR training and we were served Donatos for lunch. I had a few small rectangles of veggie pizza, a very small cheese one and one small breadstick and a diet coke. Then, for dinner, we didn't end up going out with the other couple because Doug's sister came to town unexpectedly to visit. She ended up getting sick Saturday morning (which is how we got sick), so we just ordered Applebee's carryout for dinner that night. I had a Santa Fe Chicken Salad, which probably wasn't all that good for me because it had a mexi-ranch dressing and sour cream on it. I also baked some pillsbury cookies that night and had three. I didn't do too bad on Sunday, ate at home all day, but still didn't count points. Then, on Monday morning I wasn't feeling well and jsut came back to work today. So, I haven't counted points (although I haven't eaten much) or exercised all week! I weigh in tonight, but I still think I probably lost some.

Good luck at your weigh-in tonight! I count my official weekly weigh-in as Sunday morning and I know how I hope and pray that the scale cooperates and shows a lower number!!

I eat low-carb, like Nancy, so I can't really help you with your WW points but there are lots of people on the WISH board who do WW and can help you out with questions.

Your workplace food sounds like a tough problem! I'm glad you didn't go back for the extra goodies last Friday morning - that took real willpower!! Do you have a plan for tomorrow morning? Could you take something healthy to eat for breakfast and then just have a small piece of the goodies for "dessert"? The pizza, etc. would have been a big no-no on my plan so I think I would have taken my own food but that can be tricky when eating with a group!

I hope you have a good day today and a good weigh-in tonight!

Friday 10/31/03

I weighed last night and found that I lost 2 pounds this week! That makes 3.5 since taking the WISH Challenge and 48 pounds lost since I joined Weight Watchers years ago at my highest weight. I only have 51 more pounds to lose before I'm in Onederland!

You're doing great! I hope you're feeling better by now. It sounds like you're making sensible choices. I love that SantaFe salad too. I haven't had it in a while. When I was at Appleby's a few weeks ago, I had some kind of steak in Ceasar salad. It was pretty good.

Keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.

NancyJ

Keep going, i joined the wish board 6 day's ago and the girl's have really kept me going even at my worst yesterday. I want to lose 100lbs by next October so maybe we could help each other?. I only want to lose 2lbs a week, if i lose more then fine because on the week's i have no loss or very little then the big loss week's will make up for it.

Jean xx:wave2:

Monday 11/3/03

This weekend wasn't too bad, but I probably could have done better. Still wasn't able to get in any exercise. I have a really hard time on the weekend, it seems like I have too much going on to fit it in. Friday for dinner, we had Steak N' Shake. I got a mushroom swiss steakburger and fries, and a diet coke and ate it all. Then I was too full. Next time, I will skip the fries or only eat half the burger. Also, I had some of the candy we were passing out to the Trick or Treaters. But, after Friday night, I asked Doug to hide it so that I couldn't get into it for the rest of the weekend. He was eating some last night and he felt bad and asked me if I wanted some. But, I was strong and said no. It is really hard for me to resist sweets, especially candy! Saturday and Sunday I didn't do too bad. I still didn't count points though. I think I look at the weekend as my 'free time.' I don't like to have to count points. I feel like I need a few days off. So, I still try to mentally keep track of what I'm eating, but I don't count the points. So far it seems to not be causing me any problem, so I guess I'll continue. I did eat out lunch and dinner yesterday, which probably wasn't good. I had Arby's for lunch - just a plain roast beef and potato cakes, which isn't too bad. Then, we had Mexican for dinner and I had a vegetarian plate, but ate too many chips. I feel like I could have done better over the weekend by only eating out on Friday and exercising at least one day. I hope when I weigh in on Thursday it doesn't catch up to me. I plan to go home and exercise tonight.

Tuesday 11/4/03

I did very well yesterday. I counted my points and stayed at the low end of my range. I also walked on my treadmill and worked out on the Bowflex. I started reading Dr. Phil's bood yesterday. I'm not sure if and how this book will help me, but I thought I would see what it's all about. I have decided that I need to try to drink more water. I probably already drink at least my 6 glasses a day, but more won't hurt. I don't drink all that much while I'm at work, so I plan to try to drink more during the day at work. I plan to exercise again tonight when I get home.

Wednesday 11/5/03

I stayed in my points range yesterday and exercised. Today, I do plan to exercise when I get home, but I had a treat at work when I probably shouldn't have. The company was giving out all sorts of sweet treats and hot apple cider in the break room. They just happened to set it up at the end of my lunch. It looked so good and my lunch buddies were having some, I just couldn't resist! I had a very small square of pumpkin cake and also pumpkin cheesecake. I did eat all of the regular cake, but not even half of the cheesecake. I don't think it was that bad. They were very small servings. I will just eat very light for the rest of the day (as I have all day so far), so that hopefully I'll be covered and still fall in my points range even considering my little splurge. I'll also exercise tonight. I don't really regret it. I really wanted it. I think sometimes you have to have those things to keep yourself from feeling deprived and giving up completely.

Keep going and you'll be fine, maybe you and Doug could go out walking together, that way he'll be helping you as well.

Jean xx:wave2:

Thursday 11/6/03

I was proud of myself yesterday for going home and exercising. I was trying really hard to talk myself out of it. It was a dreary, cold day and I just wanted to sit on the couch, watch TV and binge on some reduced fat Oreos and/or search out the leftover Halloween candy I made Doug hide from me. But, I talked myself out of that because I knew I would feel bad afterwards. So, I got on my treadmill and I even worked out on the Bowflex. I continued counting my points (even though I had splurged on the sweet snack at work), so I think I was ok. I was just below the minimum range of my points (not counting the pumpkin cake), so I think I would have still been within my range even counting points for the cake (not sure how many points it was). I felt really good at the end of the evening. Today is my weigh in day, right after work. I'm hoping for good news!

Friday 11/7/03

Well, I don't have such great news today. I weighed last night and found that I stayed the same. I was really hoping to lose at least a little. I guess that Halloween candy caught up with me, along with eating out too much last weekend. I'm afraid next week won't be any better, maybe worse. Doug has to go out of town for 'school' for work. I already have plans to go out to dinner with friends two, maybe three of the nights. I will probably end up eating out every night, Monday through Friday because I don't want to cook for myself or eat alone. If I'm going out, that also means I won't exercise. I'm not one of those people who can go out and order from the 'healthy choices' either. If I'm going to a restaurant, I will order what I really want. I guess I'll just have to try to control my portions at dinner, stop when I'm full, and be careful of what I eat the rest of the day. I guess I better be prepared for a gain next week. I would be happy to stay the same next week, but not sure if that will happen.

Monday 11/17/03

Well, all my eating out last week was not good, as I predicted....it tasted good, but was not good to me. I weighed on Thursday and had gained 2 pounds....and that was even before the weekend binge! I think part of that may have been water though. Maybe I got it out of my system for awhile and will be able to stick to my healthy eating now that Doug is back home and I will be cooking again and staying home so I can exercise. Hopefully I can make up for some of the gain in the next few days before my next weigh in on Thursday. At this rate, I will never make onederland by summer! I did try on my wedding gown the Sunday before last though and it did fit! It's a size 18, so I wasn't sure since I had bought it a size smaller than the one I had on when I tried it on. Hopefully, I will have to exchange it for an even smaller size by the time of the wedding. A size 14 would be great! I just need to keep reminding myself of that for motivation I guess. It was just really hard the past week with Doug away and me being alone, so I just chose to eat out, and eat what I really wanted. I guess I have to face the consequences.

Hi, Marshmelo! I'm a WWer, too, but I'm not going to the meetings right now (I've paid 'em enough $ for the time being:p ).
I'm counting points, though, and trying to follow the flexplan. I try to walk 5x a week (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't:rolleyes: ), and I drink as much water as I can. I just wanted you to know that we're all here for you, pulling for you day by day. You can do this!!!!:Pinkbounc You're going to go onward and downward, sister!

Good luck:D
Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter