Mask enforcement

I'll just chime in to say that "enforcement" involves taking away ride pictures for those that don't wear masks. Poor form of enforcement due to the fact that the actions of others meant I didn't get any Dinosaur pictures and also lost most of my MK pics in shared vehicles like Pirates and Splash :( We visited for 2 weeks and went into a park every day and I was saddened at how often we did not get our pictures.
Wow! Do they inform you of this or does this just "happen"? I have to say, this is the first I've heard of this type of "enforcement" happening at the parks. I take it the people are removing their masks on the ride?? Why can't they still give you your ride pics and not the people who were massless? Seems they could send this to your MB. I think I'd call Disney and complain, especially if I was paying for Photopass.

Quite honestly, anyone asking about masks at WDW, in airplanes, at the airport, etc. should probably stay home. You will never feel 100% comfortable.

Not really. We travel, eat out and do many of the "normal" things we always did, but do so as safely as possible and always weigh the risk. Our practices are thoroughly thought out and our decisions are based on fact and not just our desire to do something (Which can be tough!).
It's the people who are using C19 to make some kind of selfish statement that are the biggest problem.

Our decision is to stay home for now. This is based on two issues.
One is the fact that we can only visit one park per day and that undercuts the value of a Disney vacation.
The other is that C19 is breaking records and we have a unique individual in our family that would be devastated in a way most people don't have to consider (and those who are flippant about masks don't care about).

Thanks to all who responded and I hope you all get back to the parks soon!

Scott

What about Disney Springs?
Masks were not being enforced as much at Disney Springs. And I found it too crowded. Like others said the parks we're good probably 95%. The issue is in a pandemic 5% can feel like a lot but the CMs were good about enforcing when they saw it. Unfortunately I did see a few times when they ignored it. Overall I felt safe. Outside you can avoid people and I was lucky that I never had it happen in line near me. I did see people remove it on rides a few times but they were distant from me. I haven't gone out much and am super cautious but I don't regret going.

Wow! Do they inform you of this or does this just "happen"? I have to say, this is the first I've heard of this type of "enforcement" happening at the parks. I take it the people are removing their masks on the ride?? Why can't they still give you your ride pics and not the people who were massless? Seems they could send this to your MB. I think I'd call Disney and complain, especially if I was paying for Photopass.
They have always deleted inappropriate photos. We didn't get a Splash Mountain photo one time because some bimbo flashed her boobies. Looks like they are seeing the maskless as inappropriate and against the Disney Brand.

We would be walking along and a cm would say please put your mask on.. I kept hearing it.
They were always talking to my ds10. He constantly messes with the mask making it move off his nose.. AT MK I never saw a mask free area. But almost everyone sitting on the curbs are eating and drinking.

I'll just chime in to say that "enforcement" involves taking away ride pictures for those that don't wear masks. Poor form of enforcement due to the fact that the actions of others meant I didn't get any Dinosaur pictures and also lost most of my MK pics in shared vehicles like Pirates and Splash :( We visited for 2 weeks and went into a park every day and I was saddened at how often we did not get our pictures.
Don't blame Disney or the CMs, blame the selfish morons thinking they will get away with breaking the rules.
Disney have clearly stated they will not let people have photos if people remove their masks, you are the innocent victim of selfish behaviour that happens at Disney even before Covid.

We were on Splash Mountain with a group of teens and they decided to do the one finger salute and yell a certain word during the drop. Of course no photo but the kids were warned and the others were offered another ride if they wished to have a photo.

Not really. We travel, eat out and do many of the "normal" things we always did, but do so as safely as possible and always weigh the risk. Our practices are thoroughly thought out and our decisions are based on fact and not just our desire to do something (Which can be tough!).
It's the people who are using C19 to make some kind of selfish statement that are the biggest problem.

Our decision is to stay home for now. This is based on two issues.
One is the fact that we can only visit one park per day and that undercuts the value of a Disney vacation.
The other is that C19 is breaking records and we have a unique individual in our family that would be devastated in a way most people don't have to consider (and those who are flippant about mask

Thanks to all who responded and I hope you all get back to the parks soon!

Scott
I hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy. Disney will be there after COVID has been contained and we have a vaccine. Then when restrictions are lifted you can enjoy your vacation. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!