Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

aokeefe, I did use another browser (Explorer; I usually use Chrome) because the DVC website wasn't loading in Chrome. Anyway, my reservation is still active. Perhaps they'll catch up tmrw. since it is the start of a new work week. I am not particularly concerned since I know that it will be canceled but, as I said, I'd like to receive the official notice. Thanks for the info about the points thought. I did use borrowed points so I am relieved to know that the points will be returned to the original use year instead of this UY.

I have been trying to get through to MS intermittently the past 3 days and only got a busy signal. what I need is not that important but I will try again when I have a chance. Looks like our trip is still on for July 17, we are staying at Saratoga. We have never stayed there before. Sounds funny to say where we are staying because we stay at the real Saratoga in NY every summer. We really don’t care that all dining and fastpasses are cancelled and will just do what we can. I am interested to see how the park reservation system works, I assume we will able to get park reservations as we have DVC reservations and APs.

I wear a mask at work all day, usually cloth with ties so I am used to it but it is still uncomfortable for all day. I just received a Buff neck gaiter, and am going to try that at work tomorrow and I also ordered a box of disposable masks.

I am curious about the flights. We fly on Southwest from Hartford. Even though we live in MA Hartford is the closest airport by far. Right now Florida still has a 14day self quarantine for those arriving from NY, NJ, and CT and am wondering if it will cause issues. Hopefully that restriction will be lifted soon.

In the meantime I am excited that I can finally get my hair cut and colored on Tuesday. Also we are heading to the cape in two weeks for vacation, we have a family cottage. It is a poor replacement for the trip to China we were supposed to be on for the first two weeks of June, but it will be great to get away. Hopefully by then restaurants will be open for seating and not just takeout.

Hi!! DVC member from Boston Area! Heading down end of July. waiting like everyone else for all the changes coming with reservations, dining, ect.. hope you all are doing well!

Anyone else have any trips coming up soon?
After weighing the pros and cons, we just cancelled our July trip :( With Southwest's easy change policy- we just moved our flighst for February vacation since our passes will be extended to cover that week.

I was supposed to go next week (but that's not happening since DVC doesn't reopen until the following week); now, my next trip is near the end of August. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone. Hope you're all staying healthy and safe. I have a question for the group that I can't figure out. When modifying a reservation online, what is the furthest screen you can get to before 8AM hits? Do you basically have to wait to hit "check availability" at 8AM? Or can you have hit "check availability" but then wait to hit "continue" on the next screen? Thanks in advance for any tips - I appreciate it!

Anyone else have any trips coming up soon?
From Central Mass, member since 2006, heading down 2nd week in August. I’m very curious how park reservations will work. I’m an essential employee (pharmacy) so I really am looking forward to a long break.

From Central Mass, member since 2006, heading down 2nd week in August. I’m very curious how park reservations will work. I’m an essential employee (pharmacy) so I really am looking forward to a long break.

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work these past few months! I hope you get a nice break!

I hope you get a great break too! I’ve been working in boston and doing food delivery for a farm. I think it will be nice to get away for a bit. I hope the reservation system goes well and we all get in the parks! Hopefully we will get more info soon on everything

My wife ,20 year old collage daughter and myself bought 100 resale points to Saratoga in 2011. We have been to Disney over 25 times since 2004. Booked for AK Dec 11 to 15 and offsite till the 21st.

Hello, I'm just north of Boston, SSR direct in 2003, missing home so much right now! Thanks for starting this group.

Hi all,

We’re from south of Boston and under normal circumstances work 5 min from Fenway. Lucky to have jobs and be working remotely.

We bought resale at BLT in 2015 and have added on since at a few other resorts. Cancelled April trip, moved to May. Cancelled May trip, moved to July. At this point we have a split VBR/SSR trip booked for the end of July. Looks like this one will happen.

Don‘t care if we have to wear masks, make reservations to visit parks with our A/Ps, have no fireworks or parades. Will be so happy to be back, employed, healthy, and lucky enough to travel.

Thanks for starting this group!

Good Morning! We have our end of August trip and have decided to go for it. Even if we don’t get to spend all day every day at the parks that will be ok. I really just need a vacation/break from work. we Are ok just being able to experience some magic. We miss it so much!!

We, too, shall be at WDW in August (barring unforeseen circumstances!) It's going to be a hopping trip since we are flying into Tampa, staying a couple of nights; driving to WDW, staying at BLT; going to Universal Studios for one night (Portofino); and back to WDW, staying at BV. Previously, I have split stays at WDW but this is the first time staying at 4 places in 11 days.

We, too, shall be at WDW in August (barring unforeseen circumstances!) It's going to be a hopping trip since we are flying into Tampa, staying a couple of nights; driving to WDW, staying at BLT; going to Universal Studios for one night (Portofino); and back to WDW, staying at BV. Previously, I have split stays at WDW but this is the first time staying at 4 places in 11 days.
That sounds like a busy trip but very fun. We are checking into GF on the 19th. Then BLT on the 23rd.

I am curious about the flights. We fly on Southwest from Hartford. Even though we live in MA Hartford is the closest airport by far. Right now Florida still has a 14day self quarantine for those arriving from NY, NJ, and CT and am wondering if it will cause issues. Hopefully that restriction will be lifted soon.
I believe the quarantine restriction is scheduled to end on 7/7. But my situation is that i am flying down on 7/6 - I am in Agawam so Bradley is 20 minutes from me. As far as I can gather because i would be traveling from a CT based airport I would be subjected to the quarantine and it sounds like WDW won't allow us on property. I called and couldn't get someone to actually tell me that i can not be on property on 7/6. So my back up plan is to maybe change our flights to leave from RI (boston doesn't have any direct flights) that's an hour and 30 minutes away BUT i think it would alleviate issues when we get down there. I'm almost at the point where i want to scrap the trip. It was kind of a sper-of-the-moment decision just to get away for a few days. Now with this snafu I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts