Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

I believe the quarantine restriction is scheduled to end on 7/7. But my situation is that i am flying down on 7/6 - I am in Agawam so Bradley is 20 minutes from me. As far as I can gather because i would be traveling from a CT based airport I would be subjected to the quarantine and it sounds like WDW won't allow us on property. I called and couldn't get someone to actually tell me that i can not be on property on 7/6. So my back up plan is to maybe change our flights to leave from RI (boston doesn't have any direct flights) that's an hour and 30 minutes away BUT i think it would alleviate issues when we get down there. I'm almost at the point where i want to scrap the trip. It was kind of a sper-of-the-moment decision just to get away for a few days. Now with this snafu I don't know.

That stinks! And CT is only lumped in because of the NYers that travel there!!!

I know they have cut a lot of flights from Worcester and Manchester - but have you tried them?

Worcester and Manchester - but have you tried them?
Worcester had nothing and Manchester is 2 hours away so RI seems like our best bet. My husband was leery about the trip in the first place so convincing him to drive farther to get on a plane (which he HATES with a passion) is going to be a tough sell. I might just fold and put our airfare funds towards our April trip. So not all will be lost. My DVC point might be a different story - I borrowed to make this trip happen so with them telling me I am not allowed on property hopefully I have some leverage to get them to put the points back.

Worcester had nothing and Manchester is 2 hours away so RI seems like our best bet. My husband was leery about the trip in the first place so convincing him to drive farther to get on a plane (which he HATES with a passion) is going to be a tough sell. I might just fold and put our airfare funds towards our April trip. So not all will be lost. My DVC point might be a different story - I borrowed to make this trip happen so with them telling me I am not allowed on property hopefully I have some leverage to get them to put the points back.
I totally understand your concern and frustration. Unfortunately I feel like everything is intentionally vague so that it can be interpreted or spun however most convenient. But, for what it's worth, I would keep your plans as is. The EO is set to expire 7/7 and you arrive the day before. Even if you have to fill out paperwork on the plane, I really doubt they're going to be enforcing/policing this and especially not if the order expires the day after you arrive. No one is going to be stationed outside your resort room door waiting patiently for you to try to violate the quarantine. Go and have an amazing time!

Hi, All! Just wondering if folks who announced plans to visit WDW before Labor Day are still planning to go. Each day the COVID #s are worse in FL although I think that the worse spot is the Miami area. Now that my trip is only 24 days away, I am on pins and needles. While, as of now, I am still planning to go, I may not be surprised to learn that FL (specifically WDW) is shut down again in the not-too-distant future.

Hi, All! Just wondering if folks who announced plans to visit WDW before Labor Day are still planning to go. Each day the COVID #s are worse in FL although I think that the worse spot is the Miami area. Now that my trip is only 24 days away, I am on pins and needles. While, as of now, I am still planning to go, I may not be surprised to learn that FL (specifically WDW) is shut down again in the not-too-distant future.
We're leaving on Saturday for 2 weeks. We have 10 cloth masks/person and a 50 pk of disposable ones. Lots of hand sanitizer and wipes. The worst spot will likely be the airport on the way home. Going to avoid Disney springs as mask compliance and social distancing sound lax there. While the Florida#s are awful, they seem to be leveling off vs increasing (sadly deaths are increasing as expected as those lag weeks behind the tests). Orange county #s are much much better than Miami.

We just really need to get away. We've been home since March, except for groceries, neighborhood walks, and Dr visits. I had a hysterectomy in May, fully recovered from it now, but could really use a little bit of Disney magic as it's been a rough year so far. Looking forward to lower crowds and just walking around in a different place.

Yesterday we cancelled our early September trip. This is the 3rd trip we cancelled. Actually we should be at Disney right now. Instead it is Cape Cod (family cottage) for us. I’m not a fan of the water here so never thought I would be spending 30 days on the cape in one season. I told my DH that he has to take me to the Caribbean for 2 weeks next year for clear blue water. We still have Nov and Jan Disney trips to look forward to.

Shelly S, sorry to hear that you will not be going to WDW soon but Nov & Jan may be ideal (RE: weather in MA vs FL) months to visit. A month on the Cape sounds glorious to me. Enjoy!

Did anyone see the news from Governor Baker today? Beginning August 1 they’re going to be asking people re-entering Mass from outside states (including Florida) to report it, and either quarantine for 14 days or show that you had a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours before you came back to Mass. Fines will be $500 per day. I think this format was already going on but the fines and negative test are new. I don’t envy anyone having to make these types of governing decisions but it seems like it’s getting awfully tricky to travel out of state. I’m not sure how they’d enforce it. We’re currently scheduled for November and likely cancelling anyways due to lots of experiences being cancelled.

Last edited:
I did see the Governor's press conference and I may have a problem (unless my plans change.) I am scheduled to travel to FL on 8/16; returning on 8/27. 13 days later, I am scheduled to return to WDW. I'll be a day shy of the 14 day quarantine. Trying to decide how to proceed. I forget which points/contract I used to reserve the Sept. trip. If I will not be penalized for canceling/changing the trip by losing the points, I may cancel. I am certain that I can cancel my flights and the fare will go into a travel bank. Decisions, decisions.

Did anyone see the news from Governor Baker today? Beginning August 1 they’re going to be asking people re-entering Mass from outside states (including Florida) to report it, and either quarantine for 14 days or show that you had a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours before you came back to Mass. Fines will be $500 per day. I think this format was already going on but the fines and negative test are new. I don’t envy anyone having to make these types of governing decisions but it seems like it’s getting awfully tricky to travel out of state. I’m not sure how they’d enforce it. We’re currently scheduled for November and likely cancelling anyways due to lots of experiences being cancelled.

Was Connecticut excluded, or was there a minimum amount of time? I'm thinking of my Mom's situation. She lives in Mass, right on the CT line-she goes to church in Woodstock CT, has several friends there, and shops there sometimes. Could be a pain for her.

Was Connecticut excluded, or was there a minimum amount of time? I'm thinking of my Mom's situation. She lives in Mass, right on the CT line-she goes to church in Woodstock CT, has several friends there, and shops there sometimes. Could be a pain for her.
Yes, CT is excluded. The excluded states are all of New England, NY, NJ, and Hawaii.

I did see the Governor's press conference and I may have a problem (unless my plans change.) I am scheduled to travel to FL on 8/16; returning on 8/27. 13 days later, I am scheduled to return to WDW. I'll be a day shy of the 14 day quarantine. Trying to decide how to proceed. I forget which points/contract I used to reserve the Sept. trip. If I will not be penalized for canceling/changing the trip by losing the points, I may cancel. I am certain that I can cancel my flights and the fare will go into a travel bank. Decisions, decisions.
It looks like you will be fine, you can leave the state before your quarantine is up. "The quarantine must continue for a period of 14 days unless the traveler leaves the State sooner."

" . . . individuals coming from low-risk states are exempt. Those states include New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Hawaii."

We just cancelled our trip to Disneyland in early October - it was a birthday trip for my youngest son, who had asked to go back to Disneyland for the Halloween celebration (and because he likes the Draw with a Disney Artist classes better there than the ones at Rafiki's Planet Watch in the AK, as well as the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion).

My husband and I have kept our weekend to Disney in November on the books at the moment -- it was originally going to be a combination of a (late) Anniversary Celebration + Destination D23, but Destination D23 was cancelled. I suspect we'll end up cancelling this one as well.

We also had a trip planned right before Christmas to celebrate a dear friend's 50th birthday. They decided to postpone to celebrate their 51st instead given all the restrictions, but we opted to keep our reservations. We have a CCV Cabin held, and are thinking that we'll make it a resort stay getaway at the very least, provided we feel it's safe to fly then. Fingers crossed we can keep that trip.

But it's our travels in early 2021 I really hope happen. We banked, borrowed, and paid for some transferred points in order to take my extended family to Disney in February over school vacation. 2021 is our 20th Anniversary (we were married in Disney!) and so we wanted to take everyone back -- but also my extended family hasn't ALL been on a vacation together since our wedding, which is why we decided to gift them all by covering their resort stays. I really want to celebrate with them all, so fingers crossed that we can travel in February.

We're fast-following that with a trip over April vacation with a whole bunch of our friends (also to celebrate early our anniversary!). We decided to split friends and family into two trips so we can spend more time with each, but of course it also means more Disney for us.

We miss being "home" and are really hoping things get better. I admit while I'm glad most people in MA are doing the right things around masks and social distancing to keep Covid-19 at bay, I look at the mess that Florida is becoming and worry. (My sister-in-law and her family live in Florida, so that also has me worried!)

We are just north of Boston and are headed down in a few weeks, still planning on going. We will test when we get back and quarantine till we get our results. DS was going to need a test anyway before he's allowed on campus at college, so we'll just all go get tested together.

We spent a long weekend at SSR a few weeks ago before the parks opened, enjoyed our resort and pool time, and walks over to the Springs. We felt very safe, even with flying (planes were pretty much fine) airports (both MHT and MCO could do much better honestly) but we found that at Disney mask compliance and distancing were fantastic. We have a new mantra: Be Prepared to Walk Away. No one is going to protect you but you. If you see someone coming either without a mask or not wearing it properly, it's on you to avoid them. (which at Springs we had to actively do). Restaurants were same thing, we had to speak up at the Boathouse about tables being too close. They were accommodating, but we likely won't go back there anytime soon.

In any case, we felt safe enough that we are looking forward to our trip.

. . . . but we found that at Disney mask compliance and distancing were fantastic. We have a new mantra: Be Prepared to Walk Away. No one is going to protect you but you. If you see someone coming either without a mask or not wearing it properly, it's on you to avoid them. (which at Springs we had to actively do). Restaurants were same thing, we had to speak up at the Boathouse about tables being too close. They were accommodating, but we likely won't go back there anytime soon.

In any case, we felt safe enough that we are looking forward to our trip.
Wow! Thanks for the post. Good information. I esp. liked the "it's on you to avoid them." although it irks me that some folks will not abide by rules/requirements since I see them as being what society is: "a highly structured system of human organization for large-scale community living that normally furnishes protection, continuity, security, and a national identity for its members."

We cancelled our August trip. So sad but with the numbers spiking so high in Florida and the reports of the hospitals being so overwhelmed we decided to wait. Hoping it calms down and the travel restrictions get lifted sooner rather than later.

For those looking at the Orange County Numbers - I just read on the NBA thread, that the NBA Covid rests at being added to the OC Numbers!!! So duh -
Hundreds of negative tests each day by players is driving the %positive rate down!!

Stay safe if you decide to go and please carefully quarantine when you return..

Hi, Folks! We are still planning our mid-August trip but I remain anxious about it. We leave in 2 weeks but, in the back of my mind, I think that a lot of the country could shut down soon. Sigh. Que sera, sera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!