Matterhorn closing 10/21

I think I missed the details on the 1/2 closure - but what side is closed? The Matterhorn is one of my favorite rides and it was closed for maintenance the last time we went. Hoping single rider is still a good option with the 1/2 closure - I know the wait times have been insane. We’re going in October before it’s down.

Back in early August a chunk of plaster fell off the facade and the left side of the ride has been closed since.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/...partial-closure-of-disneyland-roller-coaster/

A CM told me that the Matterhorn is a historical landmark, so they had to get approval from the city to fix it after that plaster chunk broke off and it was all a very lengthy process.

A CM told me that the Matterhorn is a historical landmark, so they had to get approval from the city to fix it after that plaster chunk broke off and it was all a very lengthy process.
A quick Google search tells us the Matterhorn is not a historic landmark. But even if it were, the city would not have to approve repairing it, as a matter of fact, if it were a historic landmark, the governing bodies that handle historic landmarks would have insisted it be repaired the next day, not to wait. There are very strict rules on historic landmarks that require such things.

So this CM really didn't know what they were talking about on this one, sorry.

Looks like Matterhorn is back on the refurb list. Not sure why it was removed and added back. It's still showing for the last day available on the calendar -- Oct 29. Bummer.

I've been watching this with trepidation as I'm visiting Nov 3rd - 7th from the UK, and it's been down two of the three times I've been in the past, havent been able to get on it since 2005!

It was removed from the refurbishment calendar for the Satruday 26th and Sunday 27th, so I'm guessing they're keeping it open for the weekends, which gives me one day (Nov 3rd) to ride it!

I would have thought they'd want to keep it open for Halloween.

I've been watching this with trepidation as I'm visiting Nov 3rd - 7th from the UK, and it's been down two of the three times I've been in the past, havent been able to get on it since 2005!

It was removed from the refurbishment calendar for the Satruday 26th and Sunday 27th, so I'm guessing they're keeping it open for the weekends, which gives me one day (Nov 3rd) to ride it!

I would have thought they'd want to keep it open for Halloween.
We were there this same week last year and it was closed. Were so looking forward to it being open for this trip (same week Nov 4-7) as we haven't ridden it, ever. Drat!

Looks like it'll be down for our trip. Ugh, there is always next time...

The one thing that really bummed me out though, is that the Mark Twain is showing under refurb for the end of Oct. :sad1: I suppose we will have to go on the Columbia for our boat fix.

Last edited:
I just hope it's open for when we come in December! I love that ride!

I was looking at the calendar to see what I could find out about ride refurbs, and from what I could see, Matterhorn was running on November 2nd, but not Friday the 1st... I’m hoping it’s fully operating by the 16th, but it at least looks promising. I’m still a couple weeks out from seeing the full calendar for my trip, but looking at what I can in the meantime...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!