Matt's 2019, Spring Dapper Day Trip for Char's 10th Birthday with Napa Rose/Club 33!!

What a fun morning! You guys hit so many high notes! We only had one day in California Adventure and never made it into the Redwood Creek Challenge area this time. I am really considering that new Flex pass, at least for myself, haha so I can spend more calm time just exploring the parks. We are trying to buy a house right now, which is taking a lot of time and energy (and money, haha), so maybe when that's settled. And I've never stayed onsite. With 7 of us, we could stay there one night, or lots of other places for 3 nights for the same price. :) But I love seeing your pictures, and we enjoy walking around the hotels on non-park days sometimes!

We did our first stay as a family at the Grand back in 2010, so we were spoiled ever since LOL. We did try offsite once, and we'd really rather not go as often and stay onsite vs not, just how we vacation. Good luck on the house!!

Our crazy tour through Monstropolis did not disappoint, but now it was time to walk on to Guardians, and have another fun-filled adventure escaping the Collector's collection.

adcb20ab-79b0-4744-8e71-15daba7d44ff%20(Large).jpg

It was now a few mins before 6:30, and time for our reservation at Lamplight Lounge. We proceeded over and waited in a LONG line to check in for our reservation. We provided a text number and were told to wait downstairs, we would get a text, and then were to return upstairs to the hostess station. We went down, and waited, and waited... a CM asked if our reservation had been called, which I replied no. We were told to go back upstairs till it was our time. Ugh... what a mess. I went back up, inquired with the hostess again, and was told to go back and wait downstairs... again. Finally, a hostess was asking for our party, and we were lead to our seats 23 minutes after our reservation time. The ADR at LLL SUCKS. It's a mess, and in need of a serious overhaul. I might expect this at a dining establishment which had just opened a few days prior, but not Disney, and not after been running for months.

Walking past the LONG bar area.

DSC_8329%20(Large).jpg

Our seats with a front-line view of the bay and pier. We loved the menus which were done in a story-board format. Such great illustrations.

DSC_8340%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8810%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8811%20(Large).jpg

The pier was looking great. Initially, I hated the idea of Pixar Pier, but it's certainly grown on me, and I like the new food options.

DSC_8377%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8380%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8383%20(Large).jpg

Service was HORRIBLE. It took forever to get our drinks, and Amy's didn't even show up until nearly the end of the meal. What a cluster.

Charlotte got the Infinity Fizz - Powerade Mountain Berry Blast, Apple Juice and Cherry Pearls. ($7.00) It came in a plastic cup with dry ice which had been injected into the bottom with ports which made it bubble and mist.

DSC_8399%20(Large).jpg

Took some experimentation to drink it, LOL.

DSC_8422%20(Large).jpg

I opted for a Karl Straus Tower 10 IPA. I simply love this brew and wish I could get it in AZ.

DSC_8438%20(Large).jpg

We started with Crab and Tuna Roll - Stone Crab with Avocado, Jicama, Yellowfin Tuna, and Fireball-Yuzu Sauce ($19.00). This was simply OK. I've had much better rolls. Pass.

DSC_8445%20(Large).jpg

We followed this up with a staple, the Lobster Nachos - warm Lobster with Black Beans, Aged Cheddar-Oaxaca Cheese Sauce, Pico de Gallo, and Chipotle Crema ($21.00). This has always been amazing historically, but alas, if this were my first time getting it, I would pass. It was cold (normally, scorching hot), and didn't seem to have much flavor for whatever reason. Such a disappointment as this is one of our favorite dishes in all of DCA.

DSC_8447%20(Large).jpg

Char got the Kid's Pasta - Corkscrew Pasta with creamy Cheese Sauce and Cheddar Fish served with a flower pot of Veggies with Hummus and fresh Fruit ($10.00). This was also pretty meh and she didn't eat much of it.

Amy's Teaser arrived after we were done eating...Greenbar City Bright Gin, Greenbar Hibiscus Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar topped with Tonic Water ($13.25) It was tasty, but sadly, rushed in consumption as we were already done eating.

While we were waiting... and waiting.... and waiting... for our food and drinks, we had lost the light. The pier lit up is absolutely gorgeous. Pixar Pier really shines at night.

DSC_8449%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8455%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8458%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8461%20(Large).jpg

Finally, a full hour and a half after our reservation time, it was time to leave. While we had been there, they kicked up the fire on the island behind us.

DSC_8478%20(Large).jpg

The lighting inside as we were walking out transformed the place into a much cooler seeming locale.

DSC_8479%20(Large).jpg

Overall, the LLL is a GREAT concept. The execution falls flat however and I doubt we'll be back. The reservation and guest intake..F. The service...F The food taste/quality...C- The ambiance...B+ Pay attention Disney, you could have crushed this, but you fell flat.

Loving the report and the photos (as always). New #photogoals when I ride the Incredicoaster later this year!

Loving the report and the photos (as always). New #photogoals when I ride the Incredicoaster later this year!
Thanks! Just wait for the nighttime shots in the upcoming installment. The Incredicoaster is best experienced at night!!

Night had found us. The Pier looks great all lit up.

DSC_8484%20(Large).jpg

Let's see how it looks from the Incredicoaster!

Jack Jack's Bounces are fully evident at night. Even Dash can't keep up!

DSC_8520%20(Large).jpg

DCA takes on a whole different look at night. LOVE IT!!

DSC_8530%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8550%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8566%20(Large).jpg

Elastogirl tried really hard to catch Jack Jack

DSC_8557%20(Large).jpg

The loop at night is GREAT!!

DSC_8575%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8580%20(Large).jpg

Jack Jack's Flame powers were impressive at night.

DSC_8593%20(Large).jpg

Violet was looking for us!!

DSC_8597%20(Large).jpg

The new Pier looking good all lit up!

DSC_8605%20(Large).jpg

Jack Jack is EVERYWHERE!!!

DSC_8620%20(Large).jpg

599a514a-9a64-415d-b501-8881f18a0b0e%20(Large).jpg

The Incredicoaster is AMAZING after dark. This attraction REALLY, REALLY, REALLY comes into its own when it's dark out.

Thanks! Just wait for the nighttime shots in the upcoming installment. The Incredicoaster is best experienced at night!!
Those night shots are impressive! No #photogoals for me there - there is only so much light a 1” sensor can take with a fast shutter! Won’t stop me trying though...

DCA really is beautiful at night! I only want to ride the Incredicoaster after dark now.

It was about twenty after 8 by now, so we decided to hit one more attraction before heading back to the room. Ariel's Undersea Adventure is always a quick queue, and we jumped in line.

DSC_8630%20(Large).jpg

Here's where I witnessed something which irritated me. As you can probably tell, I'm a big drinker, and I do appreciate that I can have an adult beverage in DCA. What I don't like is that others can't behave responsibly when it comes to alcohol, and why I'm a bit perturbed that Disneyland will be getting a cantina in SWGE. So many irresponsible guests, I would hate to see Disneyland devolve into what DCA often is with over-indulged patrons. This family of a man, woman, and boy were in the queue in front of us, and he was trying to sneak his beer onto the attraction. He was clearly overserved, and couldn't bumble his way through it. She took his beer and wrapped it in her sweatshirt. I appreciate a woman helping her man out, but not for breaking the rules like this. Thankfully, she kept it wrapped up the entire time under the sea, and only gave it back to him after they were off the attraction, but I'd like to see better judgement from Disney guests. I digress..

I love the 2.0 version of this attraction. The colors/dynamic nature of this attraction make it a continual hit.

DSC_8646%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8650%20(Large).jpg

Ariel 2.0 is worlds above Dole whip hair Ariel 1.0

DSC_8664%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8681%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8682%20(Large).jpg

Flotsam and Jetsam are always hard shots.

DSC_8685%20(Large).jpg

Ursula is one of the best AA on property in my opinion. So dynamic

DSC_8703%20(Large).jpg

After a quick rest and change at the room, it was time to make the long walk to Trader Sam's. We decided to avoid going through security and DTD and instead leave through the front of the Grand and walk past Paradise Pier to the DLH instead.

DSC_8732%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte was running between the pavilions at the DLH telling us where she's getting married.... girl.. I hope you start saving now... I'm outta money!!!

DSC_8738%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8743%20(Large).jpg

I had standing orders for a Sea Monster's Embrace Kraken Mug and a current version of the Krakatoa, so I was more than happy to oblige a free drink or two...

I love this drink and the mug!!! So much, I have two of the bowls myself.

DSC_8755%20(Large).jpg

Amy was helping me out.

DSC_8760%20(Large).jpg

Can I just also say how much I LOVE This 2018 Summer of Tiki shirt? It's the favorite of my collection.

IMG_7690%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte elected a Dole Whip which I'm so glad they serve at the Terrace now. You could get them at the coffee shop previously, but not having to leave the Terrace was a real win.

DSC_8757%20(Large).jpg

IMG_7688%20(Large).jpg

The Dole Whip and cool temps had her using that hoodie!!

IMG_7691%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8766%20(Large).jpg

I finished off the last of my mug orders with the Krakatoa, and we headed back to the room shortly before 10 as we had another early start the next morning and it was going to be a LONG day with Club 33 that night.

DSC_8773%20(Large).jpg

DCA really is beautiful at night! I only want to ride the Incredicoaster after dark now.

Seriously, it's SO MUCH BETTER at night!!

Those night shots are impressive! No #photogoals for me there - there is only so much light a 1” sensor can take with a fast shutter! Won’t stop me trying though...

Sounds like a perfect excuse for a larger body ;) Full frame... it's calling your name!!!

We were up and out of the room bright and early at 6:35AM...

DSC_8778%20(Large).jpg

For some reason, we do elevator pics every morning now...

DSC_8779%20(Large).jpg

DTD was EMPTY, just how I like it. Amy and Char peeled off to get her a Passion Fruit Iced Tea. She was in need of some caffeine!!

DSC_8783%20(Large).jpg

I lined up and waited. I immediately regretted my choice as the Planter line usually splits and ends up half as long. Oh well.

DSC_8788%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8791%20(Large).jpg

It wasn't long before Charlotte and Amy showed up.

IMG_8822%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8793%20(Large).jpg

Look, we match!!

IMG_7696%20(Large).jpg

Turnstiles opened promptly at 7AM. It took us a good 2 mins to wait for the party in front of us to get photos taken (WHY, OH WHY hasn't Disney figured out a better way for doing the pictures?)

I couldn't help but admire the new attraction poster for the Tropical Hideaway. I really need to get one of these.

DSC_8799%20(Large).jpg

We passed the West Tunnel, and were in the park!!

DSC_8802%20(Large).jpg

Rounding the hub, we were out front!!

DSC_8810%20(Large).jpg

On the move photo of Snow White's Grotto!!

DSC_8814%20(Large).jpg

We ended up 2nd party in line at Peter Pan!!

DSC_8822%20(Large).jpg

And crammed all of us in one ship!!

IMG_8824%20(Large).jpg

And heeere weee goooo!

DSC_8825%20(Large).jpg

LOVE the projection, and new first show scene. Never gets old.

DSC_8830%20(Large).jpg

The Projection on Big Ben is always great if you can see it.

DSC_8835%20(Large).jpg

I REALLY wish I could get a good shot of Skull Rock. It's so hard to see with the naked eye, I wish they would gently light it.

DSC_8853%20(Large).jpg

Another of my MacGuffin's is the Indian Village. I seriously wonder if I will ever get a good capture of this.

DSC_8861%20(Large).jpg

Tink lighting up the ship with Pixie Dust is always a fun ending!

DSC_8862%20(Large).jpg

I can't wait to ride the Incredicoaster at night now! It looks amazing. And do you have a picture of "Dole whip Ariel?" I didn't realize it had a 2.0 version...

I can't wait to ride the Incredicoaster at night now! It looks amazing. And do you have a picture of "Dole whip Ariel?" I didn't realize it had a 2.0 version...

I just looked, and I didn't snap any back in 2010/2011 of her. :( She was updated in 2013

This is a picture of the Dole Whip Ariel:

5792044342_4f1191db0f_b-398x600.jpg

Whew just finished reading all of that! Loving this TR, and you take amazing photos! Also wanna say how much I love your matching Tiki room outfits, soooo cute!

Whew just finished reading all of that! Loving this TR, and you take amazing photos! Also wanna say how much I love your matching Tiki room outfits, soooo cute!
Thank you!!! Hopefully the next installment is coming soon. Been crazy busy lately.

Back from Neverland, our next stop is always either Dumbo or Alice. We saw Alice was walk-on, so over we went, but not before a stop at the teacup by The Mad Hatter

DSC_8875%20(Large).jpg

Alice Never disappoints (other than the HORRIBLE new vine).

The Twins were looking as dapper as ever.

DSC_8889%20(Large).jpg

The Iris is a bit imposing

DSC_8902%20(Large).jpg

Always liked the Dandy-LION!

DSC_8906%20(Large).jpg

One of my favorite vignettes of the attraction.

DSC_8915%20(Large).jpg

And Char's older sister's favorite Disney character, the Cheshire Cat.

DSC_8928%20(Large).jpg

Charlotte actually went as the Cheshire cat on our first trip to Disneyland as an adult family back in 2010. Ah the look of terror on her 18-month-old face...

DSCN8313%20(Large).JPG

I always comment on this one that Amy should go as the Queen of Hearts as this is usually how she looks at me!!

DSC_8950%20(Large).jpg

Ah how I lament the loss of the historic vine which ACTUALLY made you feel like you were on a vine instead of an elevated basketball court.

DSC_8967%20(Large).jpg

Selfie with a honking DSLR.

DSC_8978%20(Large).jpg

The projection combined with practical makes Alice a properly plussed hit.

DSC_8984%20(Large).jpg

My second favorite vignette of the attraction. The tea scene is a WONDERFUL scene.

DSC_8995%20(Large).jpg

DSC_8998%20(Large).jpg

Happy Unbirthday to Char!!

DSC_9002%20(Large).jpg

After Alice, a quick spin on the teacups are usually in order. What can I say, we are creatures of habit.

IMG_8840%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9019%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9025%20(Large).jpg

Dumbo and its new queue, assigned elephants awaits....

DSC_9053%20(Large).jpg

Look, they both have large ears!!

DSC_9055%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8854%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8855%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8856%20(Large).jpg

IMG_8858%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9064%20(Large).jpg

And my favorite view of Fantasyland.... EMPTY!

DSC_9121%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9129%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9135%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9148%20(Large).jpg

Selfie time.

DSC_9160%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9164%20(Large).jpg

I may have gotten yelled at by the CMs to just face forward besides looking around and backwards on the attraction. Not sure what the issue is, but they should know that I do NOT follow instructions very well.

And lastly before park opening, we jumped in line for Matterhorn...

I've done a write-up on the significance of the Wells Expedition in one of my previous TRs... should be searchable for anybody interested.

DSC_9179%20(Large).jpg

Harold looking as ANGRY as ever.

DSC_9189%20(Large).jpg

He sure gets around that icy mountain QUICK!

DSC_9192%20(Large).jpg

New wrap on the Monorail!!

DSC_9213%20(Large).jpg

The Lagoon I hope never goes away. How I long for an expansion Disney-Sea-wise stretching across what was formerly Harbor Blvd.

DSC_9217%20(Large).jpg

EMPTY Tomorrowland. I LOVE EMH.

DSC_9224%20(Large).jpg

And a trip around the galaxy. So thankful we missed the overlays.

9b96411e-9b72-4f01-8ec8-369b0bdb943e%20(Large).jpg

Did a quick check-in for the Disneyland Addicts FB group on our way to breakfast.

IMG_7711%20(Large).jpg

And where does breakfast find us, but Red Rose Taverne. We've been consistently happy with the breakfast offerings here. Definite way to start your way in DL-proper before the West Side of the park is open.

Amy and Char split The Pancake Platter - Pancake stack, Scrambled Eggs and choice of Hickory-smoked Bacon or Sausage, ($9.49). A really good amount of food for the $. They couldn’t even finish it all by themselves. This appears to be discontinued on the current menu as they’ve streamlined the regular breakfast menu to expand for non-allergenic items/offerings.

DSC_9226%20(Large).jpg

I got the Breakfast Sandwich, which appears to be discontinued as well based upon the current Disneyland menu. It had Eggs, Ham, and a vegetable hash on a bun, served with potatoes and some horrible dipping sauce. ($9.49) It was a good value as far as Disney breakfast goes, and I cleaned up whatever the ladies didn't finish of theirs.

DSC_9228%20(Large).jpg

Temporarily satiated, we made our way along Big Thunder Trail at 9am.

DSC_9233%20(Large).jpg

And promptly got on BTMRR. Oh how I LOVE the Rainbow Caverns.

DSC_9241%20(Large).jpg

The ladies had way too much fun on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.

DSC_9262%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9272%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9294%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9308%20(Large).jpg

DSC_9316%20(Large).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter