Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

Back when this thread was being updated regularly, I was in talks with a couple people about scheduling a meal. We were so excited and I was willing/able to plunk down $3K for my daughter and I to dine and stay the night at the Grand. Then with Covid, our business took a big hit (we own a small business) and now I can't imagine sitting a table full of people that aren't in my own family. I don't know if I'll ever do this now. I guess it doesn't even matter.
Big hug to you. I appreciate your sharing this important perspective. I hope things get better with your business.

Stepping in with a gentle reminder: This board is a place to discuss a shared love of Disney, not to enter the for/against mask debate. Let's try to keep the mask comments out of the discussion if possible. Thank you.
Now, back to a good discussion on a very fun topic...

I merely meant that I will not likely return to DLR until the mask requirement is removed. I will not pay a premium price for a non-premium experience. Masks detract from the experience, so until that changes, I won't be going. :(

I merely meant that I will not likely return to DLR until the mask requirement is removed. I will not pay a premium price for a non-premium experience. Masks detract from the experience, so until that changes, I won't be going. :(
I understood what you meant (and thank you for clarifying anyway), but since there are people who seem to think that just about any mask comment can be interpreted as an invitation to troll a thread, it's easier to avoid the topic when possible. Does that make sense?

We don't have a full roster yet. I think we are at 8 out of the 12. We are a bit off from making the reservation (7-8 months is when we booked last time), but I'll check back as we firm up plans seeing how this C19 thing goes.
Count me in, Matt!

I just re-read your whole thread again, I read it twice earlier in the year when you wrote it.
Such a wonderful report and experience. I love(d) ALL of your photos, especially your Fantasmic photos but really, just loved it all.
You are a wonderful story teller and Amy is especially photogenic, I loved her outfit. In fact, all the participants looked amazing!

Was supposed to be headed over for DL's 65th Anniversary in 10 days but alas, it's not to be of course. Our government and our state currently has us locked up tight! Luckily my (not so Disney-holic) husband and I were able to visit DLR and stay at GCH last July on our way up to Alaska/Canada for our 25th and then we visited TDR just before Christmas so I've had a fairly recent dose of Disney but it's still a bit sad, for everyone I'm sure!

I think you will probably have your required number of 12 but if you have a spare spot going I would love to be considered as a single if you are trying to fill a single spot. My Disney-buddy son who I usually travel with (although my upcoming trip was going to be a solo) would love to do it as well I'm sure but it does seem like it would probably be a more adult-suited experience.
Anyway, hope you guys are staying safe - even if I can't attend I would look forward to reading what I am sure would be another amazing report.

I'd be attending alone, but put me on the list in case you end up with an open single seat.

Really enjoyed your report! What a great experience!
Well, offically planning a return to 33 and 21 October of next year if all this C19 garbage ends by then.
If you end up with spots, or gathering backups on a Facebook page for that, I'd love to take two. My DBF and I had Disneyland Paris planned for my 40th to kick of the Grand Slam goal, but that's not happening, so I could redirect that budget to this ...

Just caught up after a bit of an absence here. Matt, husband and I are still interested in joining in on the next 21 dinner if it's still happening - let me know! :-)

I somehow missed this post earlier, but really enjoyed reading it! I’d love to add my husband’s and my name to the roster in the event you have any openings. This has been a goal for quite some time. Plus to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday next year with fellow Disney friends would be the best!

I'm super late to this post (just looking up Club 33 stuff for coveting), and really enjoyed the level of detail and experience that was shared. I cannot get into C33 spaces (I'd most want to in Animal Kingdom, anyways), since they keep the riff-raff out...but this is an achievable goal. Wife's 50th is in 2024, so this might make sense for her and her friends. She would go absolutely ga-ga for this opportunity, as we are already foodies, and I love Disney history. Thank you for sharing your process and experience, soup to nuts.

I just reread this, Matt, as hubby and I have an opportunity to participate in the 21 Royal dining experience early next year. I enjoyed reading through your report the second time even more than the first! Thanks again for all of the thought, effort, fantastic photos and details you put into it!!:)

Ultimate DIS Dad!
Your trip reports are very detailed and excellent pictures!
Your trip reports make me want to plan a trip to DLR while heading to Oregon!
Are you a DVC owner at GCV?

Ultimate DIS Dad!
Your trip reports are very detailed and excellent pictures!
Your trip reports make me want to plan a trip to DLR while heading to Oregon!
Are you a DVC owner at GCV?

We aren't a DVC owner anywhere. When the DLH spots open up with the new DVC expansion we may consider it based upon finances.

We aren't a DVC owner anywhere. When the DLH spots open up with the new DVC expansion we may consider it based upon finances.
Understand! The DLH tower looks like it is going to be awesome!
Getting into the Grand Cal on DVC points is difficult anyway.

Understand! The DLH tower looks like it is going to be awesome!
Getting into the Grand Cal on DVC points is difficult anyway.

I much prefer getting a room overlooking Grizzly Peak so the location of the DVC wing isn't great for me. We've stayed in the DVC wing in a normal room (views right at Goofy's Sky School). The walk was excessive IMHO and the views not all that great with the trees all grown up now unless you manage to get an upper floor or you have pool view if they put you in a room on that side. If I ever did an extended family trip, the Grand Villa (sleeps 12) would be an amazing treat however.

I'm not terribly jazzed on the location of the new DLH DVC tower, but it's the only place it was possible. We have ALWAYS stayed in the Adventure tower usually with DTD views (except that one time we had a pool view staying in the Adventureland Suite). It's beyond convenient, but I guess it isn't really that much further to the new DVC tower.

We did 3-4 nights in DVC at Aulani on rented points, and we were very much considering buying there given how nice our experience was.

I much prefer getting a room overlooking Grizzly Peak so the location of the DVC wing isn't great for me. We've stayed in the DVC wing in a normal room (views right at Goofy's Sky School). The walk was excessive IMHO and the views not all that great with the trees all grown up now unless you manage to get an upper floor or you have pool view if they put you in a room on that side. If I ever did an extended family trip, the Grand Villa (sleeps 12) would be an amazing treat however.

I'm not terribly jazzed on the location of the new DLH DVC tower, but it's the only place it was possible. We have ALWAYS stayed in the Adventure tower usually with DTD views (except that one time we had a pool view staying in the Adventureland Suite). It's beyond convenient, but I guess it isn't really that much further to the new DVC tower.

We did 3-4 nights in DVC at Aulani on rented points, and we were very much considering buying there given how nice our experience was.
Understand!
We love our DVC!
I have enjoyed reading your trip reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter