MAW / Big Give Album Interest Thread! NEW INFO IN POST #1! please read!

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Hello ladies,

this is an interest thread for our upcoming MAW/Big Give album!

UPDATE INFO 7/11 --- okay ladies after doing the math on all of these pages and I got a call from Rachal with a great idea....

instead of doing a full ABC album we could each do a 2 page LO by picking a title.... so here's the math lesson....

we get 15 swappers and want to donate 3 albums....each person would make 18 sets of their title so would be 36 pages, it will still give everyone a very nice album and not put the stress of time and $$ on all of us, also this will make easier to plan in case we don't get enough swappers signing up

I know the past couple times we gave to NemoMom's MAW chapter , but thought we could donate our albums this year to the DIS Big Give group for future MAW families going to WDW.

here is the thread from our last swap
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459705 if you want to check out the titles and pages

here is the link to our all things disney list with great titles to check out....please remember to use general and gender neutral ones!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1457364

and one more with some other great titles that Jennifer put in alphabetical order

Alphabetical Listing of Disney Titles

we will make sets for the whole groups and then if you would like to donate your set to the Big Gives instead of keeping one for yourself!!!!

please indicate if you want to keep your set or donate it!

here is my thoughts on the albums, please chime in with any ideas or opinions!

you will be make a 12 x 12 2 page LO using sketches from www.4x6photosketchblog.blogspot.com
or here is another great site...www.sketchesbysuzy.com

1. doing the albums in black/red/white/yellow so it would be girl/boy friendly
2. using only sketches so they will all be uniform in content - using the above site
3. keeping all the titles gender neutral and park neutral since we won't know their plans

I plan on opening a new thread for sign ups on July 23rd - July 25th and would need everyone's info and ideas by July 30th since I will be leaving town 8/2 - 8/20 (Nan will help out with questions too while I'm gone, though will be checking in too)

due date will be September 28th so will give everyone 2 months to complete! If needed I can extend a few extra days!

I do ask that you make these pages special....families going on MAW trips don't have extra time for scrapbooking with the sick kiddos and know what a special treasure it will be for them to have a beautiful album to look back on their once in a lifetime trip!!!

I will open this up to new swappers if you have been involved in at least 2 swaps and are comfortable doing the sketches, please take a look at them and let me know if you have questions before you committ to this.

This is a committment of time and money, so ONLY sign up if you can complete this on time and able to put the money into the pages and shipping costs!

Would be wonderful if we could donate a few albums....I am planning on donating the albums and page protectors, but if anyone is willing to help on those costs that would be great!

will let the Big Give Moderators know how many albums we will have for future Big Give families....know some of us are part of the Big Gives and they are always looking for more, so if you are interested in helping please click the button in my siggie and ask to be added by their moderators!

looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks and comes up with for titles!

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa, I am definately in!

I would prefer yellow, red, black and white for colors.
Sketches are good for me, are we allowed to modify sketches to make the photo spots 4 x 6?
Gender and park neutral is good for titles.

How many letters are we going to choose? If we choose 2 each we could make 14 sets of pages and have 2 complete sets of pages for MAW familes.

Lisa, I am definately in!

I would prefer yellow, red, black and white for colors.
Sketches are good for me, are we allowed to modify sketches to make the photo spots 4 x 6?
Gender and park neutral is good for titles.

How many letters are we going to choose? If we choose 2 each we could make 14 sets of pages and have 2 complete sets of pages for MAW familes.

:cheer2: happy you want to join in Cassey!

sure modifing would be good, or maybe I will go through a look at ones with mostly 4 x 6 PMs
not sure yet of how many letters, guess it will depend on how many swappers we get...if only 13 swappers will be two letters each.
you prefer having your own set of pages too?

that's okay...I just thought it would help keep our costs down if we only made them for the BigGives

:cheer2: another helper, thanks Rachal!

I would love to help- my signing up will depend on the other commitments I have at that time and I won't know until closer if I have them or not. I would not want my own album- I still have 2 ABC sets I haven't used yet.

Rebecca

I would love to help- my signing up will depend on the other commitments I have at that time and I won't know until closer if I have them or not. I would not want my own album- I still have 2 ABC sets I haven't used yet.

Rebecca

:cheer2: thanks Rebecca, just let me know if you are able to help out!

just looked at the hits on this thread 140 people have been lurking....please come out and join in on a fun project!

:rolleyes1 Well, you know I have an interest in this one. I may be going against the majority here, but I do want to make a set for us to keep. I used up all of my other sketch pages and with the ease of just attaching the photos, I'd like another. Just my 2 cents...I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks. If you would rather it stay smaller from a hostess standpoint, maybe someone else would want to host a seperate swap?

I'm in-loved when we did this swap with NemoMom!!:) I love the red, yellow, black color scheme idea-most of my layouts are at least 2 pages so that helps with the flow of the album. I would also like to keep a set but I would be willing to make extra sets for MAW families...maybe we could keep it optional at sign ups-if you want to keep your set or donate it? If we all chose 2 letters and made 18 pages each, that would be 5 extra albums to donate, plus whoever decided to donate their personal sets...

:rolleyes1 Well, you know I have an interest in this one. I may be going against the majority here, but I do want to make a set for us to keep. I used up all of my other sketch pages and with the ease of just attaching the photos, I'd like another. Just my 2 cents...I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks. If you would rather it stay smaller from a hostess standpoint, maybe someone else would want to host a seperate swap?

I'm in-loved when we did this swap with NemoMom!!:) I love the red, yellow, black color scheme idea-most of my layouts are at least 2 pages so that helps with the flow of the album. I would also like to keep a set but I would be willing to make extra sets for MAW families...maybe we could keep it optional at sign ups-if you want to keep your set or donate it? If we all chose 2 letters and made 18 pages each, that would be 5 extra albums to donate, plus whoever decided to donate their personal sets...

:cheer2: that's a good option, people can donate their set if they want...I will change the first post to reflect that!
I'm okay with it being bigger swap, pages have to be much easier to swap then letters :rotfl2:

it depends on what you want to do....for me it will easier to make all my sets match, so only creating one title and using it for all

Ok, cause I have lots of stuff to make pages, just not all the same sets. Same titles, color etc, but maybe different characters or paper patterns.

Ok, cause I have lots of stuff to make pages, just not all the same sets. Same titles, color etc, but maybe different characters or paper patterns.

that is fine, everyone can decide what they want to do with their paper choices!

I like the idea of making them 2-page layouts...didn't see that before! So, kind-of anything goes as long as it is general and red, black, white, yellow...any combination of that? And, I think it's a good compromise to give the donation option. So, how many pages per letter are we thinking right now? If we don't have 13 swappers, we may have to do 9 swappers with 3 letters each.

:thumbsup2 Then i can use up some extra stuff hanging around.

yuppers...good way to use up scraps for the little things :thumbsup2

I like the idea of making them 2-page layouts...didn't see that before! So, kind-of anything goes as long as it is general and red, black, white, yellow...any combination of that? And, I think it's a good compromise to give the donation option. So, how many pages per letter are we thinking right now? If we don't have 13 swappers, we may have to do 9 swappers with 3 letters each.

the number of letters will be determined on how many sign up....hopefully we will get 13!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter