MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

People are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. It has not slowed us down at all. There have been one or two back ups but we simply move over to the other machine. It's been fairly easy, we've been doing it all day. I think next trip we'll be using lanyards to simplify more.
Agree 100%! I actually find it very easy and a fairly smooth process. Lines don't seem any longer than they were.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere, so thought I'd let everyone know: Digital Fast Passes are now in effect at DCA. Wasn't at DL today, so don't know whether they are there yet.

But with digital FPs, the FP is now on your ticket or annual pass. The paper ticket printed out is now just a reminder. When you return to use your FP, you have to scan your park ticket or annual pass under the "Mickey Ears" reader, similar to those at WDW...

Just to clarify, digital FP has not started yet. CMs have said that part of MaxPass will begin next month. The digital FPs will be available on your smartphone. What has changed today is the redemption of paper FPs. And all this was announced previously in this thread.

Wait. So now not only can I not pixie dust and random stranger if I can't use a FP, but if they're being strict to the person attached to the pass, that means I can no longer get two rides on ToT/GotG using my mom's pass to pull a second FP :(. She won't ride it with me, but we always pull two FPs between our passes each trip (3-5 day trips every six to eight weeks roughly) so I can get my fix on the ride without her having to wait with me or for me for too long...

CMs are saying that they are able to work some pixie dust in these cases. (It doesn't hurt to be super nice when you ask.) They can transfer a FP from one person in the group to another group member. But sadly, yes, this does mean that pixie dust FPs to strangers is a thing of the past.

Are WoC FP still disconnected from the ride FPs, with this new system?

Other boards are reporting that show FPs are or will be connected once MaxPass fully rolls out (the way show FPs are connected at WDW). We asked a plaid about this the other day, and she confirmed that show FPs will be connected. Maybe someone who is there now can confirm whether their WOC FPs were connected today.

Other boards are reporting that show FPs are or will be connected once MaxPass fully rolls out (the way show FPs are connected at WDW). We asked a plaid about this the other day, and she confirmed that show FPs will be connected. Maybe someone who is there now can confirm whether their WOC FPs were connected today.

I don't believe they are connected (yet), as I know someone who was there today and pulled a Guardians FP today at just before 11 AM (with a "next FP available" time of 2 hours later) & was able to pull a WOC FP a few minutes later.

~Meg

I don't believe they are connected (yet), as I know someone who was there today and pulled a Guardians FP today at just before 11 AM (with a "next FP available" time of 2 hours later) & was able to pull a WOC FP a few minutes later.

~Meg

So we still have some time... And Disney management can always change their minds about this before the wi-fi portion of MaxPass debuts.

I'm sure this isn't the reason behind it, but I do think it's interesting that this change makes Max Pass more valuable. If your FP "runner" is collecting FP digitally, they don't need to be holding the tickets.

Yes, I agree. They make it harder to use a runner to get paper FP so more people will shell out the $10/per person/per day. They need another way to justify why people should pay the extra money for Maxpass on top of the ticket price.

I definitely won't be surprised if this eventually leads to no free paper FP at all and the only two options are standby line or Maxpass (like Knotts and Six Flags).

CMs are saying that they are able to work some pixie dust in these cases. (It doesn't hurt to be super nice when you ask.) They can transfer a FP from one person in the group to another group member. But sadly, yes, this does mean that pixie dust FPs to strangers is a thing of the past.

I'm definitely seeing conflicting information now since some are saying they're seeing pictures pop up and others say it's just validity information. Definitely hoping for the latter although I dislike the idea I'll have to hold onto my mom's pass even for one ride. Although if I can scan from the app, that could work since I have her log in info.

But even if a CM (I'm always extra nice to them) can fix a FP from one pass to another in such situation as I described, that still takes extra moments that it didn't used to take. With just the paper ticket, all I had to do was hand it off. If they are checking pictures, I have to explain the situation and hope they'll be feeling flexible.

And yeah, wasn't questioning the no more pixie dust for strangers. Just complaining about it, lol. Been following along and the comments about pictures being associated was what finally got me to speak up. But that has been a sticking point for me too and I was definitely planning to voice a complaint to Disney about it once I've had a chance to experience it for myself.

I like pixie dusting strangers, gorram it!

I'm definitely seeing conflicting information now since some are saying they're seeing pictures pop up and others say it's just validity information. Definitely hoping for the latter although I dislike the idea I'll have to hold onto my mom's pass even for one ride. Although if I can scan from the app, that could work since I have her log in info.

But even if a CM (I'm always extra nice to them) can fix a FP from one pass to another in such situation as I described, that still takes extra moments that it didn't used to take. With just the paper ticket, all I had to do was hand it off. If they are checking pictures, I have to explain the situation and hope they'll be feeling flexible.

And yeah, wasn't questioning the no more pixie dust for strangers. Just complaining about it, lol. Been following along and the comments about pictures being associated was what finally got me to speak up. But that has been a sticking point for me too and I was definitely planning to voice a complaint to Disney about it once I've had a chance to experience it for myself.

I like pixie dusting strangers, gorram it!

I read from one of the bloggers it is not attached to pictures at all. 1 day ticket holders don't even take pictures, do they? So as long as it's a person that you're ok handing your ticket over to, you can use FP within your group.

Here today and it's been a huge non-event. Everyone quickly figured out how to scan their cards at the FP return entrance. Wouldn't say things were slowed down at all. Did people have questions and clog the entrance sometimes? Sure, but that happened with regular fast passes too. In fact, it always amazes me how many times I hear in a day comments that demonstrate many guests clearly don't understand the FP system.

Dh saw his photo pop up. He noticed them holding tablets and looking at photos on Space and Buzz today.
Guys have you actually seen the photos pop up? My DD has been paying attention to detail for me and she says what she's seen pop up on the handheld is a green check mark.

IMO it really hasn't been bad. Of course we had a heads up and kind of knew what to expect. If someone is holding up the line there are two scanners. We've just moved over when that happens. My kids are 20/11/11 so it hasn't been a huge deal. We still all hand them to older DD after we've gone through though.

Are they 100% enforcing that each guest must scan their own ticket at the scanners? Even very young children? Or children with special needs? Will they not allow a parent to scan their own ticket and their child's? It seems like there should be some leeway in regards to this aspect.
I have been able to scan my 5 year olds each time on several rides. I only got one comment about it but no one forced me to give it to him to scan for himself. I just scanned his and said that was his ticket.

Dh saw his photo pop up. He noticed them holding tablets and looking at photos on Space and Buzz today.
We've done half a dozen FP rides today including Space and have not seen that. Confirmation, yes. Photos, no. As a PP said, one day tickets don't have photos so how would they make that work?

Are they 100% enforcing that each guest must scan their own ticket at the scanners? Even very young children? Or children with special needs? Will they not allow a parent to scan their own ticket and their child's? It seems like there should be some leeway in regards to this aspect.

No, they're not. I had no idea they even wanted each person to scan their own pass. We used FP at Space, Buzz, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, Splash, and Star Tours today and I scanned the tickets for all 4 of my family members at every single one. Not once did a CM even mention that I should give each individual member their own ticket to scan. I've been keeping them all in my lanyard, so it's just easier for me to pop them out and then back in. Didn't know this was a thing until I looked here.

I read from one of the bloggers it is not attached to pictures at all. 1 day ticket holders don't even take pictures, do they? So as long as it's a person that you're ok handing your ticket over to, you can use FP within your group.

There's been several issues raised in this thread why one wouldn't want to hand off their ticket or AP to even someone they'd trust with it.

We've done half a dozen FP rides today including Space and have not seen that. Confirmation, yes. Photos, no. As a PP said, one day tickets don't have photos so how would they make that work?

Again, some said that they saw pictures attached. That's what helped bring it up as a concern if it was true. Combined with some reports of people witnessing groups being forced to give each individual their correct ticket/pass, it makes sense why it's coming up as a concern.

And in good old Disney fashion, people are experiencing different things. Some are reporting not being forced to give tickets/passes to their respective owners. Some are. It wouldn't be unsurprising if one day tickets were an exception to a picture rule (if it exists, but currently too many varied reports with only first day of implementation). They already are handled differently for entry (no picture, require hand stamp).

To test the photo theory, my husband and I purposely switched our park tickets with each other at the FP return scanners. We did it on 3 different rides, with some rides having 2 scanning sections(once when entering the FP line and once again at FP merge point). No one said anything to us. We finally confirmed by ride number 3 that the CM scanner shows a green check mark. Not a photo.

We were there today and had no problems at all. My daughter (7) scanned her own ticket and we saw no problems or issues. Though something was going on at Big Thunder Mountain.....police, firemen, saw a lady yelling at a CM. Anybody know what happened?

We were there today and had no problems at all. My daughter (7) scanned her own ticket and we saw no problems or issues. Though something was going on at Big Thunder Mountain.....police, firemen, saw a lady yelling at a CM. Anybody know what happened?
Didn't see that but I know BTMRR was closed for awhile.

I noticed photos in the handhelds at Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter