MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Please confirm if you can be holding multiple fast passes for rides. The other thread said someone booked multiple FPs during a break at their hotel but I'm wondering if it was a combo of shows plus one ride/person.

I believe that was me, from our visit two weeks ago: I held 3 evening FP's for SpaceM, ST and BTMRR. If you are vigilant about getting another FP when your 90 minute window opens, you could certainly have 3 at one time. As someone mentioned, just not for the same ride.

I have heard rumors maxpass price may be going up by the end of the year??? I really hope they would improve their wifi before that happened.

There was a Micechat article saying something like this (http://micechat.com/168562-disney-pixar-pier/). It also said that 25% of park visitors are using Maxpass. That seems high, no? I think at that point, the calculus on whether to buy it changes. The more people that are using it, the more it should be needed. Hopefully their sources are wrong.

There was a Micechat article saying something like this (http://micechat.com/168562-disney-pixar-pier/). It also said that 25% of park visitors are using Maxpass. That seems high, no? I think at that point, the calculus on whether to buy it changes. The more people that are using it, the more it should be needed. Hopefully their sources are wrong.
I think almost everyone on this thread agrees that there is no way 25% of people total are using max pass.

Maybe the micechat article meant: 25% of the people that are using fastpass are using maxpass to obtain those fastpasses?

That is kinda how I interpreted the results. Not necessarily 25% of the total number of people in the parks.

I believe that was me, from our visit two weeks ago: I held 3 evening FP's for SpaceM, ST and BTMRR. If you are vigilant about getting another FP when your 90 minute window opens, you could certainly have 3 at one time. As someone mentioned, just not for the same ride.
Great news. Thank you.

Yes, you have to wait 90 mins or until you use your fastpass. Fastpasses are linked via your ticket so it doesn't matter whether you pull them from a machine or your phone....only one at a time. People with no maxpass the wait is 2 hours.

If you have maxpass, you can scan your ticket or phone in line and then while you are waiting, book another fastpass immediately. Without maxpass, you have to wait until you are off the ride to physically go to another fastpass location and pull one.
Often, the wait is less than 90 minutes if your FP window is not that far away. I've often had three FPs for our group during our trip this week. One tip is if you get an almost immediate FP for a ride (HM, BLAB, and TM are usually in that state), you can book another FP once you have redeemed that immediate FP. For example, at 10am today, I got a FP for HM that was 10:05am and got that while we were finishing breakfast. We walked directly there and scanned in (there are two scan points at HM). After the scan point and before I entered the stretching room, I had booked another FP.

I have sprint, and I heard it's crappy in Disneyland. I wanted to find a list of all the wifi hotspots and couldn't find one. I found a map though with all the little symbols! Anyways, I'm a list person, so here is a list of the wifi and charging locations:

DCA Hotspots:

~Hollywood land's east entrance (by Hyperion theater)

~Flo's V8 cafe

~Sarge's Surpluss hut

~Carthay circle fountain

~WOC fastpass area

~Paradise garden grill

~Paradise Pier ice cream company

~Soaring Around the World entrance area

~The Bakery Tour/Ghirardelli

~Center Esplanade~

DL Hot Spots:

~2- in the Central plaza by the Partners statue

~Observatron Sculpture

~South Matterhorn

~It's a small world place (across from pretzel stand)

~Rancho Del Zocalo

~Fantasmic! viewing area

There were some surprising dead zones:

No wifi in Main Street

Toontown

Behind the castle (peter pan, dumbo, Alice, etc...)

West section of Frontierland (Splash, HB, Pooh, etc...)

~Bugs land to GOTG

~Mickey wheel and TSMM area

DCA Charging:

Kingswell Camera shop

Gone Hollywood

Ramone's House of Body Art

Treasures in Paradise

DL Charging:

Main Street locker rental

Tomorrowland ATM

Frontierland ATM

It's a small world toy shop

Pooh corner

I have sprint, and I heard it's crappy in Disneyland.
I have sprint too and haven't noticed any problems, other than those that are to be expected (inside some ride buildings, main street while everyone's waiting for the parade to start). I was planning on using my network if/when we try MP because I've heard negetive things about the wifi.

I have sprint, and I heard it's crappy in Disneyland. I wanted to find a list of all the wifi hotspots and couldn't find one. I found a map though with all the little symbols! Anyways, I'm a list person, so here is a list of the wifi and charging locations:

DCA Hotspots:

~Hollywood land's east entrance (by Hyperion theater)

~Flo's V8 cafe

~Sarge's Surpluss hut

~Carthay circle fountain

~WOC fastpass area

~Paradise garden grill

~Paradise Pier ice cream company

~Soaring Around the World entrance area

~The Bakery Tour/Ghirardelli

~Center Esplanade~

DL Hot Spots:

~2- in the Central plaza by the Partners statue

~Observatron Sculpture

~South Matterhorn

~It's a small world place (across from pretzel stand)

~Rancho Del Zocalo

~Fantasmic! viewing area

There were some surprising dead zones:

No wifi in Main Street

Toontown

Behind the castle (peter pan, dumbo, Alice, etc...)

West section of Frontierland (Splash, HB, Pooh, etc...)

~Bugs land to GOTG

~Mickey wheel and TSMM area

DCA Charging:

Kingswell Camera shop

Gone Hollywood

Ramone's House of Body Art

Treasures in Paradise

DL Charging:

Main Street locker rental

Tomorrowland ATM

Frontierland ATM

It's a small world toy shop

Pooh corner
Just be aware that you only get service for a small area around the listed "hotspots," and sometimes none at all (even in low-crowd early mornings).

Just did 5 full days of park hopping with MaxPass. Loved it!

I'm not sure if we got a little pixie dust or what, but my signature AP was only $25 to upgrade to MP and the deluxe APs the rest of my family have were $55. I fully expected to pay $75 to upgrade each of them. (I couldn't really hear the cast member at the ticket booth when she was explaining the cost because my kids were talking behind me the whole time.) Our APs expire in February if that matters.

There were many times we were holding FPs for three rides at once. If you got an "instant FP" you could pull another either when that pass was scanned for use or in 30 minutes. So if we pulled a RSR FP at 11 am for a 5 pm then we pulled one for BTMRR while we were eating lunch at 12:30 for 12:40. Then we could pull HM at 1 for 1:05. It only worked like that if you were using then for quick turn around rides like Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Goofy's Sky School, etc.

We did not use wifi at all and I ended up purchasing an extra GB of data to get us through the trip but I wasn't being very careful about it either. I'm on AT&T and there were times my husband had better connections on his Verizon phone than I had on mine but that might have been a phone issue too because I've had general connection issues this whole trip.

Last edited:
So going next week for three days..

My daughter uses the DAS Pass. Would it beneficial to also do Maxpass? Has anyone used both systems together yet?

We are staying at the Candy cane and and I heard you could book from your room there. Is that true?

Does having the mazes mean I don't have to pull our passes out overtime? Mine are on my phone too.

We are staying at the Candy cane and and I heard you could book from your room there. Is that true?
I haven't used MP yet, but I've been following along here. My understanding is that once you've entered one of the parks for the day, you can book FP from anywhere. So if you take an afternoon break, you can pull FP for the evening from your room, but you can't book FP from your room in the morning before you've entered the park.

So going next week for three days..

My daughter uses the DAS Pass. Would it beneficial to also do Maxpass? Has anyone used both systems together yet?

Does having the mazes mean I don't have to pull our passes out overtime? Mine are on my phone too.

I have not used it with a DAS. We have debated using one for my son in the past but found that MaxPass solved a lot of our issues with him. So I cannot answer that part.

But I do know you cannot get any max passes until you have scanned into one of the parks for the day. After that, the app has no idea where you are so you could be anywhere in or out of the park to obtain additional max passes. So yes, if you went back to your room, you could obtain max passes but that is not limited to just the hotels right by the parks.

ETA: I was typing my post at the same time as PP. I'm just slow on my phone.

re: needing wifi, if you have a phone that lets you switch your sim card, I saw on a San Francisco bus ad that t-mobile has a $30 for 3 weeks of unlimited data offer for international travelers. I'm assuming it's for USA and not just the San Francisco area. You just need a data signal, not wifi. here is an article that talks about how to do it (sounds a little complicated but a good product if you can jump through the hoops). that is, if t-mobile has good coverage at DL. It's not my carrier so I have no idea.

http://bgr.com/2017/07/11/t-mobile-prepaid-plan-vs-metropcs-verizon-tourist-sim/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter