MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

You really only need 1 max pass. 3 tickets can be scanned to ride the next time. They expire in 1 hour.
I'm in a very similar situation. I would like to just buy 2 maxpasses instead of 4 since the 2 smaller kids won't/can't ride all the rides. And then use a rider swap pass so both me and my husband get to ride. Swap passes are now digital though. Rumors are that you can only have one swap pass at a time and that there is now a start and end time (like a fastpass), but every CM has given a different answer to me on how it works.

Sorry to ask this again if it has already been asked but I didn't see it in previous pages. If I get a FP for something in California adventure that is hours out (ex RR at 730p), does that limit my ability to get FP in Disneyland prior to that time period (ex Space Mtn at 130p) or do I have to wait the full 90 min after getting the RR FP?

Thanks
You wait the full 90 min.

Can you upgrade an AP to include MP over the phone? We bought our AP's 10 days before MP was introduced. What is the latest process for adding? I think if we do the daily option I can do that on my phone, right?

I would like to know this as well.....

I was on the Disneyland app map and clicked on Fantasmic! There is now an option next to it to "get fastpass" WOC has the same option. Maxpass has F! and WOC Fastpasses now!

Edit: has not been tested yet. It lets you go all the way to the confirmation page which it didn't before...but someone in the parks will have to test it (I think all the FP's are gone for today, so we can't try it yet.)

Last edited:

Did you successfully use it? Or did you just see that it has the link?

No, I didn't. However, I clicked on it to see if it was "real" and it pulled up all my linked tickets I had downloaded earlier just like it does when you book other fastpasses, so I'm assuming it is live now. Excited to see if it actually works for someone in the park right now.

No, I didn't. However, I clicked on it to see if it was "real" and it pulled up all my linked tickets I had downloaded earlier just like it does when you book other fastpasses, so I'm assuming it is live now. Excited to see if it actually works for someone in the park right now.
It's had the option to click get fastpass for a few weeks but it hasn't worked.

It's had the option to click get fastpass for a few weeks but it hasn't worked.
Try clicking on it now, I am not in the parks, so I can't test it for sure, but it actually took me to the fastpass screen instead of just an error message or not doing anything at all.

Try clicking on it now, I am not in the parks, so I can't test it for sure, but it actually took me to the fastpass screen instead of just an error message or not doing anything at all.
I tried it the day before yesterday and it wouldn't let me book all the way through

I tried it the day before yesterday and it wouldn't let me book all the way through
Ah dang! Spoke too soon I guess. I had always gotten an "error" warning, so when it went through to the confirmation page, I figured something had changed and they were letting you get a maxpass for it. Guess it gets stuck on the confirmation page now.

Any more reviews from AP holders who added Max Pass? We are thinking about reactivating next month - we're not local but get plenty of use out of it. DH can't do the FP rides anymore so it would just be for me. He tends to get a later start on the day than I do, which works out for us since I can go to rope drop and do the big rides, then meet up and spend the rest of the day together. I'm thinking this could also be helpful for those times he wants to take a break while I use a later FP (or decide that I want to cancel/move it). We tend to go off-season if it matters but that has gotten busier as well (I wish we had the time to go this summer as I've heard from many friends about the lower wait times).

Ah dang! Spoke too soon I guess. I had always gotten an "error" warning, so when it went through to the confirmation page, I figured something had changed and they were letting you get a maxpass for it. Guess it gets stuck on the confirmation page now.

Disney has said that MP is only for attractions at the moment so any attempts at getting entertainment passes will be fruitless.

Any more reviews from AP holders who added Max Pass? We are thinking about reactivating next month - we're not local but get plenty of use out of it. DH can't do the FP rides anymore so it would just be for me. He tends to get a later start on the day than I do, which works out for us since I can go to rope drop and do the big rides, then meet up and spend the rest of the day together. I'm thinking this could also be helpful for those times he wants to take a break while I use a later FP (or decide that I want to cancel/move it). We tend to go off-season if it matters but that has gotten busier as well (I wish we had the time to go this summer as I've heard from many friends about the lower wait times).

I have only used it a handful of times so far, and it definitely helps in regards to getting passes for rides I otherwise wouldn't have been able to get. It also comes in handy in case you arrive at the park later in the day.

We were in the parks Monday and Tuesday and was very glad we bought MaxPass. Thanks to the tips from this thread, I made sure to schedule the next FP as soon as we scanned in a ride. We were able to hold more than one FP at a time based on later return times. Somehow, our tickets were automatically named in the app after we went through the turnstiles the first day. I did not manually add them in, so maybe the CM who scanned us in that morning was just nice and did it for us. We have Verizon and the only place we had issues with service was in the standby line at GOTG. Adding photos was also easy! Since we are WDW vets, we did miss the magicband ease. Cannot wait to come back when both kids can ride all of the rides (we have a 2yo who couldn't ride some of the cooler stuff).

Did I miss a post or did they do a change to the system again? My understanding was when a FP turned into a multiple experiences pass, it didn't include the big rides like SM, GotG, and RSR unless the pass was originally for those.

Can't speak to the latter two, but my Indy FP that turned multiple experiences is good for SM. I'm glad I checked as I was about to use it on Splash.

I was trying last Sunday but couldn't figure it out. How do you cancel a fastpass?

Tap on the pass in the app to open up details for it and then tap cancel.

I am about to buy a 1 day hopper for my husband and 2 4 day hoppers for my kids on his app , and will purchase the max pass at the same time ( my ticket will be on my app as I'm coming a few days later ) anyway ..... this is usually my department so i need to relay instructions to him - can he only start booking FP once their tickets are scanned ?
Also since the girls tix are being purchased via his app how can I access their MP and PP - can I just scan their tickets ?

Has anyone figured out how to add names to their tickets after they have already been scanned into the app?

I heard a few people on here say they could add names during the process of scanning their tickets in, but I was hoping there was a way to "edit" those numbers into names afterwards, but haven't found a way?

So after reading 75 pages I need to clarify a point or two...All FP, whether kiosk based or MP, are linked to specific tickets? Unlike the former kiosk paper FP's that were generic. If so, then my wife is going to be disappointed, as she would use my FP's to go twice on her favorites, since I can't ride some of the more aggressive attractions, like RSR and GOTG. I haven't seen a way around this to transfer my MP to her once she used hers.

We are one park a day people, so we usually can get to everything we want to on a 3 day ticket. I would need to purchase MP each day for both tickets prior to park entry, right?

Thanks for helping me get a grip on this new system. We went to WDW a last year and experienced Magicband, which was a nice experience and convenient...but they had better Wi-Fi. I had hoped DLR would step up and max out their Wi-Fi throughout the resort...even if they limited access to ticket/passholders.

So after reading 75 pages I need to clarify a point or two...All FP, whether kiosk based or MP, are linked to specific tickets? Unlike the former kiosk paper FP's that were generic. If so, then my wife is going to be disappointed, as she would use my FP's to go twice on her favorites, since I can't ride some of the more aggressive attractions, like RSR and GOTG. I haven't seen a way around this to transfer my MP to her once she used hers.

We are one park a day people, so we usually can get to everything we want to on a 3 day ticket. I would need to purchase MP each day for both tickets prior to park entry, right?

Thanks for helping me get a grip on this new system. We went to WDW a last year and experienced Magicband, which was a nice experience and convenient...but they had better Wi-Fi. I had hoped DLR would step up and max out their Wi-Fi throughout the resort...even if they limited access to ticket/passholders.
Make a photocopy of your entrance ticket or AP that has the bar code/QR code and she can use that for your FPs (from what I have heard).

:wizard:

If making a photo copy isn't very feasible, especially on the first day, then I think she could take a clear picture of your ticket bar code on her phone and scan the picture. Or she could just take your ticket through the line if you weren't needing it. Or, if you are using the app (with or without MP), she could scan her ticket from the app the first time, then scan your ticket from the app the second time. The timing would be tricky because she would have to ride twice withing the hour FP window. So, while you technically can't transfer the FP to her, there are lots of ways she can use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!