May 10th, 2025 (Disney Treasure) 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
Starting a discussion thread for the May 10, 2025 cruise aboard the new Disney Treasure.

Please post if you're booked for this cruise! What are you looking forward to doing on this new Disney ship? For me, it's the Haunted Mansion Parlor.

We're maybe on this cruise. We couldn't decide on booking day, so we booked January 11 (Western) and this one. I don't think I'll talk DH into both! :)

I, too, am very much looking forward to the Haunted Mansion Parlor. I think also the Moana show and definitely the atrium theme/decor/colors!

We're maybe on this cruise. We couldn't decide on booking day, so we booked January 11 (Western) and this one. I don't think I'll talk DH into both! :)

I, too, am very much looking forward to the Haunted Mansion Parlor. I think also the Moana show and definitely the atrium theme/decor/colors!
Wow! Wouldn't that be neat? Two DCL cruises in 4 months. I have no desire to cruise on the Wish but am very interested in cruising on the Treasure. Also looking forward to checking out Periscope Pub and the Skipper Society lounge.

Wow! Wouldn't that be neat? Two DCL cruises in 4 months. I have no desire to cruise on the Wish but am very interested in cruising on the Treasure. Also looking forward to checking out Periscope Pub and the Skipper Society lounge.
We actually have a cruise (on the Dream to LHP) with my in-laws booked in December, which pushes us more towards May to spread them out! This is the reason we arent likley to do both of the Treasure trips. While I'd love to cruise every month, I don't think the budget can handle it!

We enjoyed the Wish, but the Fantasy is still my fave. I think the Treasure will be awesome!

Apologies in advance if I don't have all the sailing lingo down, as I'm a bit new to this world. Fortunately, I know enough NOT to call the Treasure a "boat"! :tongue: Also, apologies for a long post - I'm very excited about this. Thanks for being gentle, everyone!

I'm DisneyWitch (ahem) and I live in Maryland, USA. This very morning, I (with the aid of my new travel agent, as my previous one earned a well-deserved retirement) booked a deluxe verandah room for this cruise and I'm super excited. Apparently, we've booked an Aladdin themed room, but to be honest, we know whatever theme we end up getting will be amazeballs. Our room is on the 8th deck (floor? level?), near mid-ship. I think it's the starboard side because if I am looking directly at the ship from the front, the room is on the right side. If I'm on the ship looking towards the front, my room is on the left side. I'm all confused, but I'm sure it makes sense to you seasoned travelers!

We've got nothing special to celebrate other than finally getting a real vacation after 5 years, which is a good enough reason for me!

Our family consists of just me & my partner - he and I are older (in our mid 50's now), no kids, but love all things Disney and have been to WDW several times over the years. In February 2019 we took our first cruise to celebrate our 50th birthdays - a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy to the Eastern Caribbean. Unfortunately, I caught something ugly at the NASA Cape Canaveral Park 2 days before our trip. I was able to enjoy one adult beverage as we were pulling away from Port Canaveral before feeling ill 2 hours after we set sail. That morphed into a fever and upper respiratory crud which confined me to our (beautiful) room for 6 of the 7 days. I wasn't able to see the shows other than via the tv broadcasts, and I didn't get to enjoy the restaurants or port days, but I did my best to kick WookiePants (my partner's nickname...lol) out of the room as much as possible so he could enjoy the trip! Needless to say, it took me another 3 months to finally get rid of the yuck - it wasn't covid, as that wasn't a thing at that time - and I was sad to have missed my own vacation.

Pro Tip - the medical staff on board was incredible and the cost wasn't much more than it is on land. In fact, they charged me less for antibiotics without insurance than what I paid for the same item 2 weeks later at Walgreens with insurance! Also, that free room service providing me with chicken soup twice a day was a godsend, and I will be forever grateful.

Because of this turn of events, I chose not to count my experience as a full cruise trip, though the verandah was incredibly lovely and thank goodness for room service Mickey bars! It was just crummy luck, but I was able to see enough to know I wanted to try again! Fast forward 5 years - after having experienced the plague (pandemic, whatever), family obligations, job changes, and a whole host of life-issues that everyone has to deal with - and now we just plunked down a bunch of change to secure our room! ::squee::

So...what am I excited about? Besides everything? Obviously Haunted Mansion Parlor will be amazing, and like many here, it's one of my favorite attractions. I think the Coco and Moana themed shows are going to be great and something different from the regular princess themes. Hopefully, we'll be able to get Palo Brunch, but I know that those are very difficult to get. We know that the food will be incredible regardless if we get all the fancy-shmancy stuff. As this I know I'll be making time for R&R, so if you happen to pass some middle aged broad sitting on a deck chair with her crocheting (that's my anxiety-reducing hobby), there's a good chance you've found me!

Looking forward to planning, preparing myself for all the new stuff on board and more! And meeting new people!

booked a deluxe verandah room for this cruise and I'm super excited.
How exciting, you're going to love it!

Our room is on the 8th deck (floor? level?)
I would go with Deck 8 or 8th deck! And you're right, the theme won't be that important and I'm sure you'll love whatever it is.

If I'm on the ship looking towards the front, my room is on the left side.
When you are on the ship, facing forward...
staRboard is towards the right, my dad taught me to remember this by saying it like a pirate and really accentuating the "R" sound
port is towards the left (not be confusing with it's "r"), it has four letters, like left
aft is in the back...it comes after the rest of the ship

So, it sounds like you're on the port side.

We've got nothing special to celebrate other than finally getting a real vacation after 5 years, which is a good enough reason for me!
Sounds like enough to celebrate for me!

he and I are older (in our mid 50's now), no kids,
We are two mid-40's with no kids and LOVE Disney and especially DCL. We'll be going on our 8th, 9th and 10th cruises this year and our Treasure cruise will be #11 (our first platinum).

Because of this turn of events, I chose not to count my experience as a full cruise trip
I think that's a good idea. I'm sorry that happened, but I like that you're erasing it from the history books so to speak. I think if you go into this next one as if it's brand new, you'll have a better experience all around!

@Erica1016 - thanks for being so welcoming and kind - and omg, thank you for explaining the starboard and port sides. I didn't know if it was measured while you were on the ship or if you were facing the ship. It's very nice to meet another adult couple sailing together without littles. Don't get me wrong, we love the small humans, but don't have any of our own. I end up gushing over them when they're interacting with princesses! LOL

You two are quite the travelers / cruisers - I can't imagine 11 cruises, but congrats on platinum status! And 3 this year? Woo hoo! I just informed WookiePants that I paid our deposit and he's super excited too! I've been busy scouring the interwebz looking for more info!

@Erica1016 - thanks for being so welcoming and kind - and omg, thank you for explaining the starboard and port sides. I didn't know if it was measured while you were on the ship or if you were facing the ship. It's very nice to meet another adult couple sailing together without littles. Don't get me wrong, we love the small humans, but don't have any of our own. I end up gushing over them when they're interacting with princesses! LOL

You two are quite the travelers / cruisers - I can't imagine 11 cruises, but congrats on platinum status! And 3 this year? Woo hoo! I just informed WookiePants that I paid our deposit and he's super excited too! I've been busy scouring the interwebz looking for more info!
I always like talking to new people!

Our first cruise was in 2013, we were big into parks at the time and I'd always wanted to cruise, so DCL was the perfect option. To be honest, we were both kind of "meh" about it at first. But then about 6 months later were both very anxious to do another, which we did in 2015. Through the pandemic, we didn't go to parks and for right now are just way more excited about cruising.

Admittedly, the three this year is extravagant to say the least. We had initially booked a transatlantic on the Dream in May, but we got a little overwhelmed figuring out travel back from Barcelona, etc. So...we switched it to two cruises that are almost back-to-back (B2B). We're doing a 5-night from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale on the Magic and then staying with family for 2 nights before doing a 7-night on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral. So one became two...
Separately, DH really wanted to get his parents to do a Disney cruise with us -they've traveled a lot, but not on DCL - so, we're doing that in December.

Then, of course, the Treasure got released and we had to keep up with our collection. We've done all the other ships! So, we booked two (one in January, one in May) on opening day at a rate we liked and will end up cancelling one of them.

I imagine after this whrilwind we'll be spreading them out more! We'll see...I'd really like to get back to the parks, but DCL just seems like the better value to us at the moment. We live pretty frugally otherwise and choose to save our money for these trips, it works for us!

Our room is on the 8th deck (floor? level?), near mid-ship. I think it's the starboard side because if I am looking directly at the ship from the front, the room is on the right side. If I'm on the ship looking towards the front, my room is on the left side. I'm all confused, but I'm sure it makes sense to you seasoned travelers!
One way to tell Starboard from Port is that the "Port" side of the ship is the "left" side of the side of the ship. Both "Port" and "Left" have the same number of letters - 4.
Hopefully, we'll be able to get Palo Brunch, but I know that those are very difficult to get.
It might be easier to obtain a reservation for Palo Brunch as this cruise has three sea days. I went on an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy this past October, was silver level, and did not have any issues obtaining a reservation for Palo Brunch.

Last edited:
Hopefully, we'll be able to get Palo Brunch, but I know that those are very difficult to get.
We sailed five nights on the Magic last month. I was able to book Palo dinner when our booking window opened, but brunch was all booked up. Then the week before we sailed I just happened to check the app for availability, and it popped up! So even if it’s booked initially, keep checking - people do change plans as time gets closer!
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:for success!

One way to tell Starboard from Port is that the "Port" side of the ship is the "left" side of the side of the ship. Both "Port" and "Left" have the same number of letters - 4.
Thanks! I think my biggest disconnect was my starting point. Do I identify "left" and "right" while I'm on the ship, looking towards the front? Or while I'm facing the ship from the outside, looking directly at the ship? I think I got my answer here (standing on the ship, facing towards the bow), and thank you for helping! Still getting used to the sailing terms!

It might be easier to obtain a reservation for Palo Brunch as this cruise has three sea days. I went on an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy this past October, was silver level, and did not have any issues obtaining a reservation for Palo Brunch.
This is great news. Apparently I'm silver level myself (ok...only one cruise under my belt, but I'll take it.), and my TA said the exact same thing you did - it may be easier to score a brunch on a longer cruise and if I don't get it, I can always keep checking for cancellations and/or check after boarding. It's not a deal breaker by any means, and I don't think we want dinner because we don't want to miss out on our rotational dining. Either way, not a major deal on our end - we're just happy to be going!! 442 days to go! (Yeah...already have MULTIPLE countdown clocks going).

We sailed five nights on the Magic last month. I was able to book Palo dinner when our booking window opened, but brunch was all booked up. Then the week before we sailed I just happened to check the app for availability, and it popped up! So even if it’s booked initially, keep checking - people do change plans as time gets closer!
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:for success!
Thanks! At the risk of repeating myself, I wanted to thank you for your suggestion. My TA and I discussed this last night and she said the exact same thing. Glad to know others found success - we are hopeful, but not hinging our trip on this. It's very much a "nice to have, but not critical" thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter