May 2018 AP Rates

Nothing better than what I already have for end of April and my alternative May dates are even worse. As I figured since they're so full, POFQ is not one of the resorts covered for AP discounts. :(

Yeah not much available and the ones that are the difference in price for the Deluxe hotels between the Sun and Fun and AP rates are almost the same.

Called in didn’t have a long wait, had fun and sun existing room reservation for Pop. CM couldn’t apply the AP discount to existing std room, only available was preferred room which was more than my current reservation. It seems stupid that they can’t just give me the discount on the room I already have.

Called in didn’t have a long wait, had fun and sun existing room reservation for Pop. CM couldn’t apply the AP discount to existing std room, only available was preferred room which was more than my current reservation. It seems stupid that they can’t just give me the discount on the room I already have.

Yeah I have a lagoon view at the Poly and the AP rate only available for Theme park view.

I agree they should give u the AP rate for the room you have instead of making you switch.

AP discounts for Deluxes are 15-25%. CM said they are just about sold out at resorts through April 2018. No advantage here.
Yes, was trying for an AP rate that straddles the two time periods in April at BCV for a 1br. All they had was a BCV studio, or a 1br at BWV. I think the discount for BWV was 15%. Stuck with my 10% sun and fun at BCV.

We booked GF when they were 20% off and I used the $1000 limit 15% off expedia code and paid with 3% card. AP rates can't touch that one. :)

Yes, was trying for an AP rate that straddles the two time periods in April at BCV for a 1br. All they had was a BCV studio, or a 1br at BWV. I think the discount for BWV was 15%. Stuck with my 10% sun and fun at BCV.
Yikes. BB offer was worlds better than the AP rates then.

Looking at the time I am planning the AP price lowered it a few dollars per day. Not exactly the best promotion, but still saving some money, they must be having a pretty full hotels to do this level of discounts.....

Saved $40ish on our current reservation at ASSp that had the regular sun and fun discount on it.

My god I forgot to check this morning and look what happens! Luckily we're staying in a Deluxe Studio at AKL Jambo and some were still available - saved me $214 more for 7 nights over the Fun in the Sun deal. Not as much as I was hoping, but I'll take it.

We changed our fun and sun reservation at POR Royal Room Garden View over to AKL standard view. AP rate was just $120 more total for 3 nights. This was for first weekend in May.

There's not much available for my dates either - disappointing!
If you are depending on what shows up on the website as Available you may be misled.
I'm checking for our April dates, we have a Bounceback booked at BWI now.
The Bounceback rate at BWI is about $20/night less than the AP rate, close to the same but, I was checking over other resorts to see what rates are. One thing I hate about booking on the phone is I can't see each different resort and click back and forth and compare.
So I was looking and the page that shows All Resorts shows that POR is unavailable for my dates. However, I clicked on it anyway. Well, sure enough, it is available and it's available at the AP discounted rate. No idea why it's not showing on the list when you click All Resorts, this happens a lot I've found. I never assume that is correct any more, I always click on each resort and check the page that shows all the rooms for each resort individually. At least half the time I find rooms that don't show up on the All Resorts list. If you can follow what I'm talking about. It's rather hard to explain

If you are depending on what shows up on the website as Available you may be misled.
The AP rate at BWI is about the same but, I was checking over other resorts to see what rates where. One thing I hate about booking on the phone is I can't see each different resort and click back and forth and compare.
So I was looking and the page that shows all resorts shows that POR is unavailable for my dates. However, I clicked on it anyway. Well, sure enough, it is available and it's available at the AP discounted rate. No idea why it's not showing on the list when you click All Resorts, this happens a lot I've found. I never assume that is correct any more, I always click on each resort and check the page that shows all the rooms for each resort individually. At least half the time I find rooms that don't show up on the All Resorts list. If you can follow what I'm talking about. It's rather hard to explain
This happened for our dates as well at the cabins at Ft Wilderness. I’d say search within specific resorts if you’re looking for something specific!

The Bounceback rate at BWI is about $20/night less than the AP rate, close to the same but, I was checking over other resorts to see what rates are. One thing I hate about booking on the phone is I can't see each different resort and click back and forth and compare.
So I was looking and the page that shows All Resorts shows that POR is unavailable for my dates. However, I clicked on it anyway. Well, sure enough, it is available and it's available at the AP discounted rate. No idea why it's not showing on the list when you click All Resorts, this happens a lot I've found. I never assume that is correct any more, I always click on each resort and check the page that shows all the rooms for each resort individually. At least half the time I find rooms that don't show up on the All Resorts list. If you can follow what I'm talking about. It's rather hard to explain

No, I'm definitely following you - thank for the tip! I will do a more thorough check...I was there in January and couldn't get anything with the bounceback offer, so that may be another sign there may not be much! I'm toying with a split stay so I could apply the AP discount to a couple of days. I generally love a split stay, but we're also doing a couple of nights at Universal for the first time, so it would end up being a "triple", so to speak! I know you've done a triple, so you're a pro, but wondering if I could talk DH into it - we wouldn't haven't to tweak much in our plans to make it more efficient park-wise...

Disappointing. We booked at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness for May through Under Cover Tourist and that rate is still the best.

At least no more waiting...

Was able to save a little bit by changing our reservation around a little- so not a bad morning.

Yeah I have a lagoon view at the Poly and the AP rate only available for Theme park view.

I agree they should give u the AP rate for the room you have instead of making you switch.

Having a room already booked has never guaranteed you could later apply a discount to that room. Disney does not offer discounts to save guests money or reward pass holders. They offer them to fill rooms. If certain resorts or room categories are already booked at rack rate or with other promotions, they likely won't be included in future discount offers. More & more it is the most expensive room categories being discounted because the less expensive rooms are already booked. That's why many people here advise against booking a room hoping for a discount later. It probably works against us all. Disney will have less incentive to offer discounts if rooms are already booked.

Now if there are lots of rooms available in the category you have booked, that category will probably be included in the discount offer. And you could then apply the discount to your reservation.

Having a room already booked has never guaranteed you could later apply a discount to that room. Disney does not offer discounts to save guests money or reward pass holders. They offer them to fill rooms. If certain resorts or room categories are already booked at rack rate or with other promotions, they likely won't be included in future discount offers. More & more it is the most expensive room categories being discounted because the less expensive rooms are already booked. That's why many people here advise against booking a room hoping for a discount later. It probably works against us all. Disney will have less incentive to offer discounts if rooms are already booked.

Now if there are lots of rooms available in the category you have booked, that category will probably be included in the discount offer. And you could then apply the discount to your reservation.

But at the same time you DONT book the room and you wait for the discount you have the chance of losing that room while waiting.

They hook you in. They know what they are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!