May 2019 Car Rental Thread

He everyone! I used some of your suggested codes and got our price under $ finally!! I was wondering, if I used a COSTCO code, do I need to show a card? Also, I remember the last time I rented from Alamo, I was told that there were classes of cars that were "lumped" together to choose (was it midsize and fullsize?) but when I went to the Alamo area, it was separate. Does anyone remember if this was something new that they separated the classes of cars?
Once you make your reservation your on screen confirmation will have a link for "Online Check-In". Once you complete that it will give you an on screen link for "Skip The Counter." That's where you will add your credit card info (can't be a debit card). At the end of that you will get an on screen confirmation for "Skip the Counter" ticket. You must print this and present it at the gate when you drive out of the garage. The only other thing they ask for besides this ticket is your valid drivers license and the credit card you made the reservation with. Person at exit gate does not care about the affiliations you booked reservation with.

The last time my rate dropped was April 13th. Hopefully by the time May 24th comes, it will have gone down again. If not, I am pleased with the rate I have for a mini van.

Does anyone know if you use the Costco contract ID on the Alamo site can you still get the additional driver for free on your rental? I could save a little money using the AP code as well, but my husband and I usually rent through Budget or National that allows spouses to drive for free. Would be nice to avoid the $10 per day fee.
TIA!

Does anyone know if you use the Costco contract ID on the Alamo site can you still get the additional driver for free on your rental?

Yes, you do get the additional driver for free when using the Costco discount.

Yes, you do get the additional driver for free when using the Costco discount.
Thanks. I’m not actually a Costco member but am considering signing up since the $60 membership fee is cheaper than paying $10 per day x 8 days for an extra driver.

My risk with the AP is that we will upgrade to an AP at the park on our arrival day. I think I'll pay the slightly higher price using a different discount ($15 more for the 9-day rental). My initial thought was that I could show my AP when dropping the car off if I needed to but it's not worth the worry.

Interesting some people have been asked to show proof of being an Annual Passholder when exiting. I have used their code a few times and have never been asked to show any proof. Also used other company codes at other locations and have never been asked for identification. Only thing they ask for is a drivers license and credit card used when filling out the skip the line information. Either way I'm an AP holder so I guess it really doesn't matter to me just find it interesting. I guess some people might take their job more seriously and others don't.

No change to my price since 4/19. I'm still at $214 for standard 10 days starting 5/26 through Alamo. Maybe there will be a last minute price drop. Fingers crossed.

Just got a good rate through autoslash for alamo (through priceline). I put in my confirmation number on alamo to dkip the line. Everything seems good to go? Is this correct? Cant find alot if info about skipping the counter if you book through 3rd party sites. Flight gets in at 11 pm and would rsther jyst go right to the car if i can.

Just got a good rate through autoslash for alamo (through priceline). I put in my confirmation number on alamo to dkip the line. Everything seems good to go? Is this correct? Cant find alot if info about skipping the counter if you book through 3rd party sites. Flight gets in at 11 pm and would rsther jyst go right to the car if i can.

As long as you were able to print out your skip the line confirmation paperwork along with the barcode you are good to go!

I booked an economy because it was $59 cheaper than anything else (Alamo). Not picking up until 11 pm. I pray me my wife n 3 year old will fit haha.Any chance of an upgrade or ot not being much to go to a compact? Last minute trip so im pinching pennies ☺️

I booked an economy because it was $59 cheaper than anything else (Alamo). Not picking up until 11 pm. I pray me my wife n 3 year old will fit haha.Any chance of an upgrade or ot not being much to go to a compact? Last minute trip so im pinching pennies ☺️

At that time of night you might just get a free upgrade. I rented late at night once it was after midnight and I had a compact reserved I ended up with a Ford Expedition because that was the next level up that was available. Depending on when you're going continue to check your rates too because they tend to fluctuate on a daily basis or every few days.

My rental dropped another $10. That's $52 so far with rate drops and codes...I'll take it.

I'm so happy for you [she says in a snarky tone :teeth: - jk].

Since Friday, my 5/25 - 6/4 rate only keeps going up. It's now $45 higher than the lowest rate of $227 I got for a full size vehicle. Now I'm happy with that, but I always like to see downward movement, no matter how slight, at the last minute - not upward. :p

“Since Friday, my 5/25 - 6/4 rate only keeps going up. It's now $45 higher than the lowest rate of $227 I got for a full size vehicle. Now I'm happy with that, but I always like to see downward movement, no matter how slight, at the last minute - not upward.”

Your dates are almost exactly my dates and I haven’t seen any decrease in a while either. We may have the lowest rate we are going to get.

I looked this AM and 3 day rental is $60 plus $32 tax for next week. I bit the bullet and rented.
I was going for free ME but our last day we were going to leave our bags/clothes with the hotel and then have to go back from the park to catch that bus.
And picky eaters.

My 7 pass Mini Van dropped a little more this morning using AD3868JST and 860292. It's now $218.72 for our trip 5/29 - 6/5.

standard/midsize/intermediate/fullsize classes are always considered the same size at least at Alamo anyways. Can't speak for the others companies.
I am back, and hope everyone who has gone already, had a good trip. My experience with Alamo was different than what some have described here. I booked a standard and was allowed to choose only from standard. To get a full size, they said I would have to pay more.

Now, in the past I have found across the board with any car rental company, that if they are all out of the car class I had booked, then they will let me get the next available size up, at no extra charge.

But it was not my experience with Alamo that you could get a full size for the same price as a standard, when they have standard cars available.

I am back, and hope everyone who has gone already, had a good trip. My experience with Alamo was different than what some have described here. I booked a standard and was allowed to choose only from standard. To get a full size, they said I would have to pay more.

Now, in the past I have found across the board with any car rental company, that if they are all out of the car class I had booked, then they will let me get the next available size up, at no extra charge.

But it was not my experience with Alamo that you could get a full size for the same price as a standard, when they have standard cars available.

Thanks for the update. I arrive Sunday and had a standard booked. I am going to re-book as a fullsize just to be safe. Of course, the rates are a bit higher than they were when I originally booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter