May 2019 Car Rental Thread

Our rental went down again this morning. Rebooked a standard car with Alamo, using Costco code and coupon AD8913MJR for $310.88 all-in (incl. fuel option) for May 2-13.

Our rental went down again this morning. Rebooked a standard car with Alamo, using Costco code and coupon AD8913MJR for $310.88 all-in (incl. fuel option) for May 2-13.

So when you rebooked today you didn't have any issues with your coupon? Like previously mentioned, I can't get any coupon to work.

NEVER MIND. Issue seems to be fixed.

Last edited:
So happy!!! May 4 -May 14. Pick up Tampa and drop Orlando. Has been around $300 for months. This morning checked and dropped to $160 total - all sizes except mid SUV and up

Alamo has fixed the problem. Just went to check and was pleasantly surprised that the mini van I have rented is now at 288.14 for 5/24-5/31

No movement on my Alamo rental price for 9 days (5/26-6/4) but budget keeps getting lower on the Costco travel website. Today it is $254 for intermediate SUV.

I have an Intermediate SUV through Alamo for $282 from 5/25-6/3, so prices are not too far off.

Rates for my dates are down again tonight (Alamo). May 4th through 11th inclusive.

I am currently holding 2 bookings, I'm going to let DH decide. A Standard SUV is down to $242 with the Costco code and $30 off coupon. A standard truck is $210. We drive a Dodge Ram at home, so DH might just lean toward the truck and pocket the savings.

Just keep checking Costco travel just rebooked mine for $277 on Budget for 5/15-5/23 9 days total for a standard SUV

Just booked Dollar 5/12 - 5/16 for $155.46 using the Manager's Special where they pick the car. They guarantee 5 seat belts, so that works for us.

My mini van rental (5/18 - 5/25) is down to $237 today with Budget through Costco. When I started, I was at $435 for the week! Much better now!

Thanks for the heads up on the cash card! With that my STD SUV is down to $211 for 8 days!

Mine too (well, $217 to be exact....but close!!). I'm absolutely thrilled.

We had hoped for an overall rate under $300 for this trip (since we always book larger vehicles) so $217 net is simply awesome.

16 days until we leave!! :banana:

Just booked with Dollar using their sale that started today. 5/12 - 5/16 full size $148.99 total.

Got an email from Autoslash for a lower rate this morning, $217 for a minivan with Hertz May 11-15. I booked it thru Priceline, signed up with Hertz Gold Plus and when trying to link the Hertz Confirmation # that Priceline gave me it does not work. In addition, I checked my current alamo rate and it was also down to $217 so I rebooked that one. One thing I like about Hertz is the free car seat, but not sure how that really works as it says you have to reserve in advance. Otherwise we plan to fly one down with us. Has anyone ever used the free car seat option with Hertz? It looks like AAA added a new discount thru June 30 with Hertz, 30%. But if I book through Hertz.com I get a rate of $228. Goodness I don't know what to do!

Update: I did some online chatting with Hertz. They walked me through how to link the Priceline reservation and I ended up with a new confirmation # from Hertz. I could see that it was booked with AAA discounts. I was also able to have the chat lady add a free child car seat to the reservation as well. Now we do not have to lug that through the airport. However, the downside is that since this is our first Gold rental, we have to stop at the Gold desk. With Alamo we were hoping to skip the desk altogether and go straight to the rental cars. But not having to worry about checking car seats seems like a better deal. Plus, we are not in that big of a hurry that day (no parks that day).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter