May 2019 Car Rental Thread

My Alamo rate went down this afternoon. 5/26-6/4 (9 days). Standard is now $214 (down from $242 last week) and Intermediate SUV now $235 (down from $270 last week). Costco contract ID and $30 coupon AD8913MJR.

My Alamo rate went down this afternoon. 5/26-6/4 (9 days). Standard is now $214 (down from $242 last week) and Intermediate SUV now $235 (down from $270 last week). Costco contract ID and $30 coupon AD8913MJR.
Thank you for posting this! I managed to save another $30 off my reservation :).

Alamo min-van for 9 days, 24 May - 2 Jun, at $283. That is down from about $350 last week. Prices seem to be dropping more towards their norms.

I just checked Alamo using only the AD891MJR, and it’s giving me a full size for $197 total, For May 11-17. I do have Costco but can’t easily find the code. Can anyone please share?

Was forced to re-book my Alamo reservation because I changed my flights to come in at an earlier time. Ended up using coupon code AD8913MJR with contract id 860292 (disney annual passholder) and got a midsize rental from 5/9 10:30 am to 5/18 2:30 pm and got it for $227 total.

He everyone! I used some of your suggested codes and got our price under $ finally!! I was wondering, if I used a COSTCO code, do I need to show a card? Also, I remember the last time I rented from Alamo, I was told that there were classes of cars that were "lumped" together to choose (was it midsize and fullsize?) but when I went to the Alamo area, it was separate. Does anyone remember if this was something new that they separated the classes of cars?

I was wondering, if I used a COSTCO code, do I need to show a card? Also, I remember the last time I rented from Alamo, I was told that there were classes of cars that were "lumped" together to choose (was it midsize and fullsize?) but when I went to the Alamo area, it was separate. Does anyone remember if this was something new that they separated the classes of cars?

Standard and full size vehicle are on the same aisle and has been like that for many years. As for showing your Costco card, there is always a possibility they may ask to see it. When I use the Costco code I always enter my card number where it asks for it even though it will reserve the vehicle without it.

Standard and full size vehicle are on the same aisle and has been like that for many years. As for showing your Costco card, there is always a possibility they may ask to see it. When I use the Costco code I always enter my card number where it asks for it even though it will reserve the vehicle without it.

Exactly the info I was looking for, thank you. WHile on vacation I don't take my wallet except for the minimal cards I need. I will take it to be sure, thank you so much

My rate dropped today. Paying $283 for 13 days. P/u 4/28 to 5/11 — standard/full size

Last edited:
Thanks. That's exactly what I'm using - getting $237. for 10 day rental. Not bad, but I want better because I'm greedy. :crazy2:

Keep a eye out for choosing times. Sometimes when you select on the half hour vs the hour it can change your rate. I’m choosing pu at 2:30pm and drop off at 10:30am

Keep a eye out for choosing times. Sometimes when you select on the half hour vs the hour it can change your rate. I’m choosing pu at 2:30pm and drop off at 10:30am

Ha. Great minds think alike. That’s what I’ve been doing. It’s amazing the difference.

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm using - getting $237. for 10 day rental. Not bad, but I want better because I'm greedy. :crazy2:
I feel that way too! $214 standard 5/26-6/4. I would love to get it below $200 but no movement in the last 8 days. Fingers crossed it drops a bit more in the next month.

Mine is still higher as we are flying into MCO and going to Universal before cruise, and drop off is at West Palm Beach after cruise for flight home.
Still-hadn't checked in a while and rebooked for $57 less! I will take it for sure, midsize rental that goes into June for 9 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter