*May 2019 Check In*

We originally had a two week California trip planned for August which included 5 days at Disneyland. However, we found out I was unexpectedly pregnant and won’t be able to fly by then. So we’ve moved our trip up to May 12-19th. We had to cut out San Diego and Universal to make it work, but we kept the best part! It’s our son’s first trip and we cannot wait to get there!! I’m bummed I won’t get to ride Guardians, or any of my favorite rides, but seeing my son there will make up for it.
Congrats on your unexpected pregnancy! How exciting!

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting! And May will be my first visit to Disneyland!! This is an early trip to celebrate my 30th birthday, which is in July, but I wanted to avoid the crowds and craziness with Galaxy’s Edge opening.

I will be there from May 6-9th, staying at The Disneyland Hotel for the first 3 nights and then at the Hilton for our last (it gets a little expensive, as you’re all aware!) My boyfriend and I will be in LA from the 1st to the 5th. Do you think it’s worth driving to Anaheim on the Sunday night and staying in town or will driving in on the Monday morning be fine? I’m so excited and have started to dig through the boards and have found some great info! I am slightly disappointed that the castle may not be open while I’m there (and that Fantasmic! may not be performed during the week)... but what can you do! It’s nice to meet everyone!

May 4th-8th, Hyatt Regency Orange County with a friend who was able to get an amazing deal.

I’ve done well over thirty trips to WDW, but this is only my second trip to Disneyland (previous was in 2012) so I am really excited.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting! And May will be my first visit to Disneyland!! This is an early trip to celebrate my 30th birthday, which is in July, but I wanted to avoid the crowds and craziness with Galaxy’s Edge opening.

I will be there from May 6-9th, staying at The Disneyland Hotel for the first 3 nights and then at the Hilton for our last (it gets a little expensive, as you’re all aware!) My boyfriend and I will be in LA from the 1st to the 5th. Do you think it’s worth driving to Anaheim on the Sunday night and staying in town or will driving in on the Monday morning be fine? I’m so excited and have started to dig through the boards and have found some great info! I am slightly disappointed that the castle may not be open while I’m there (and that Fantasmic! may not be performed during the week)... but what can you do! It’s nice to meet everyone!
Well the hotels in the Anaheim area are probably cheaper than in LA. Do keep in mind that there is a lot of rush hour traffic on a Monday morning so, do keep this in mind when making your decision. Congrats on your first post!

We originally had a two week California trip planned for August which included 5 days at Disneyland. However, we found out I was unexpectedly pregnant and won’t be able to fly by then. So we’ve moved our trip up to May 12-19th. We had to cut out San Diego and Universal to make it work, but we kept the best part! It’s our son’s first trip and we cannot wait to get there!! I’m bummed I won’t get to ride Guardians, or any of my favorite rides, but seeing my son there will make up for it.

Congrats! Wishing you a very boring, healthy and uneventful pregnancy ending in an easy delivery of a healthy Disney baby!

Yay! Booked quick trip for May 3 - 5! Staying in Family suite Dessert Inn and Suites as traveling with a friend and her kids (leaving husbands at home). Will have 2 days in parks as flight is late out on 5/5! I'm sorry for the teachers on this board who have to deal with tired kids at school the next day :)

My husband and I will be in CA from May 4-10. Going up the coast first and then back to DL the 7th to the 10th. We have been to WDW numerous times but this will be our first time at DL. I have booked the WOC dessert party for the 8th. So excited!!! We are staying at the Fairfield across the street.

I’m so glad I came back to these boards! When we rebooked we looked for the Dessert party and didn’t see that it was going on. Thankfully I learned it is back and was able to book one. I’ve also booked a character meal for our arrival day so our son can meet Mickey. We’re still waffling on if we want to book a Fantasmic meal or not. Anyone have advice either way? The last time we did FP and had a terrible time helping our daughter to see (even though we arrived early), and I ended up having my hand stepped on and a prong bent on my wedding ring. We’d like to avoid that again if possible.

Has anyone heard anything about when the castle will be finished? Hoping against hope we'll at least be able to see it when we go.

I will be there May 14-19 at the Disneyland Hotel. I have a conference on May 15 and 16-DW and DS flying down on 17th to join me for weekend. DD will join too from LB. Solo day on May 14th and half of 17th. All 4 of us in parks on 18th and half day on 19th.

I will be back for another conference in Santa Ana in November-so maybe dust will settle by then for SWGE. Might plan a family trip in September depending on DS schedule as he will be starting college, he is huge SW fan.

Booked At the Grand Legacy last night under the spring fling promo 5/19-5/23. First time to Disney Cali. We have been to Orlando a couple of times.We are also planning to make use of the Promo tickets as well.

Going with DH and our two toddlers from 4/30-5/5. Staying at the Courtyard convention area. Anyone stayed here before and know what to expect? We’ve stayed at the other courtyard before with the water park.

Also, anyone know what’s going on that week that has all the hotels sold out?

I’m so glad I came back to these boards! When we rebooked we looked for the Dessert party and didn’t see that it was going on. Thankfully I learned it is back and was able to book one. I’ve also booked a character meal for our arrival day so our son can meet Mickey. We’re still waffling on if we want to book a Fantasmic meal or not. Anyone have advice either way? The last time we did FP and had a terrible time helping our daughter to see (even though we arrived early), and I ended up having my hand stepped on and a prong bent on my wedding ring. We’d like to avoid that again if possible.
Unfortunately even with a dining package you still get a Fast Pass. I have only ever booked the Riverbelle Terrace Fantasmic dining package and people were all mixed in our area. meaning all Fast passes were mixed together which I felt wasn't fair if you book a package. Also I prefer Riverbelle Terrace's regular menu over their dining package menu so, for me it isn't worth it. Someone else may pipe in a better experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter