May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

Woo hoo. We're in. Deja vu all over again.

We got a 7A GTY. Dang it, I forgot about setting the dining option again. I didn't try to set it until I read this thread. We're on late dining and main is full. We'll attempt to get onto the waiting list.

We had luck getting moved to early dining for the previously cancelled cruise, so this far out I’d say no worries.

FYI, for everyone that didn't follow the Aulani confusion last year, allow me to explain some of it and hopefully help you avoid possible issues if you wanted to include an Aulani stay. But note, I don't necessarily know all of it.

Yup, I remember that so called list...but was told we couldn’t get on it because we booked through Costco and they aren’t really a TA, in the sense that there is no single person managing your trip and they cannot be contacted like standard TA’s.

We ended up renting DVC points, which was actually much cheaper than the rates DCL & Aulani came up with...but then that whole situation was very difficult to get refunded on after COVID hit.

We‘re going to try renting DVC again this time.

I've noticed a few posts on this thread mentioning Aulani and a package deal. Has DCL ever done this?? It would be awesome if they did. We've been to Aulani a few times and think it's pure heaven on earth!!

Trying again with the B2B - I upgraded myself to a Nav Veranda since I didn't retire this March like I planned due to COVID.

I've noticed a few posts on this thread mentioning Aulani and a package deal. Has DCL ever done this?? It would be awesome if they did. We've been to Aulani a few times and think it's pure heaven on earth!!

Reading the above comments, it seems that they did offer this for the (cancelled) 2020 cruise but it was a bit of a fiasco by the sounds of it.

Does anyone know when they start booking the 2022 dates if we want to book it ourselves? We were looking at a standard hotel room.

Does anyone know when they start booking the 2022 dates if we want to book it ourselves? We were looking at a standard hotel room.

It seems the Aulani Resort can be booked 499 days in advance according to their website.

Reading the above comments, it seems that they did offer this for the (cancelled) 2020 cruise but it was a bit of a fiasco by the sounds of it.
It would involve two separate businesses under the Disney banner working together effectively. Sometimes they do that well... other times unfortunately not.

We're in. Like so many of you, we were on the 2020 cruise that was cancelled. :-/
I've heard there's been complaints that DCL did not offer a window to the folks who were booked on the 2020 sailing. I believe this one is sold out now or close to it.

Hello, I booked this cruise on opening day. DH and I had a DCL Hawaiian cruises booked for 2020, but we had to cancel due to a family conflict (which didn't happen either due to Covid). We were happy to see this cruise offered again. We are hoping to stay at the Aulani pre-cruise as well. I look forward to meeting everyone! :-)

Started the process of transferring our reservation to Costco for the 8% cash card, will be a nice way to stock our pantry when we get home. Remember you have 30 days to move to a TA for any extra benefits offered.

And those benefits of using a travel agent aren’t always money. Disney doesn’t offer discounts, so any money a travel agent gives you comes out of their own pocket. I use a travel agent for their personalised service, to coordinate all the details, to deal with any problems that arise, and to support a small local business.

Hi everyone. We booked through a friend of mine who's a TA on Gold booking day. We're in a 7A GTY, main dining. This will be our first DCL cruise since 2015! The 2020 Hawaii sailings weren't on our radar as we did an extended family cruise on NCL's Pride of America in June 2019. That was an amazing experience, and we can't wait to return to the Aloha state! I'll be traveling with DH and DD, who will be 18 when we sail. We'll definitely fly to Honolulu 2-3 days early, but we'll be staying at the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki for sentimental reasons (and because we love it).

Last edited:
We decided to do a B2B . Did it to late and have to change rooms. Who knows we might change our minds later on.

I think my husband was afraid of the price of the flight over , plus for us it is a long one. 11 hours I think over 2 flights. Plus last year he planned a great trip that would have had us there 2 weeks before our cruise. Don’t think he has it in him to do it again...lol Plus this came out of the blue that they offered it again we didn’t have much time to think just knew we had to be on that ship.

My DH and I booked this cruise. We also were booked on one of the other Hawaii cruises that was canceled. We booked a Category 05B - Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah - Deck 7. We plan to book a week at Aulani before the cruise. We are DVC members and Aulani is a home resort so we should be able to book it. We are from Auburn, Alabama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter