Maya Grill- our one night stay at CSR!

sorul82?

<font color=red>I have an alibi<br><font color=lim
We were at Maya Grill so long, that I thought we needed a room for the night! I wanted to let my DIS family know about our experience at Maya Grill on 8/21/06. Let me start by saying that the only reason we chose this location was because it was pretty much our only option. We had a group of 11, and most places were booked. When I inquired about the dining times, the CM said the evening was wide open...take your pick. Three weeks out and wide open? 5:00, restuarant opening, sounded good. Our park du jour was MGM, which is close by, but you just never know. We arrived at 4:30, no big deal. At 5:00 we checked in and were seated right away. We had two in wheelchairs, so while DH and BIL were off parking them in the appropriate place, our waitress came by. She said, since all of your party is not here, I'll come back. She quickly disappeared before I could say they would be right back....and they were. So we wait, wait, and wait. Finally she comes back to give us the specials and take the drink order. I know it takes time to get drinks for 11 people, but we were her only table. Still, it wasn't a big deal; it just allowed time for everyone to make their selections. We place our orders, and after some time, our appetizers arrive. Most were happy with their selections except me. I ordered the seafood margarita, which had three mussels, and a speck of "other" seafood about the size of a dime. I am not kidding here. The rest of what was in the glass was filler of some sort, but not shrimp and lobster. Not one shrimp to be found. I probably should have complained, and ordinarily I would have. The children's appetizers were large portions, so I helped them finish. And with all of the food with the DDP, I really wasn't terribly hungry. So we finish our apps, and continue to wait and wait and wait. Finally our entrees come out and it was evident that some things had been under a heat lamp for some time. Again, I know with a group of 11 that it is hard to time everything so that all dishes were ready at the same time. However, some of my food and my MIL's food was not kept under a heat lamp and was cold. She and I had the Mixed Grill and the steaks were no where near the way we ordered, so we sent them back. The steaks were returned perfect. We finished eating and waited and waited and waited for our waitress to come with the dessert tray. I might add that the restuarant was still pretty empty. Finally, all desserts ordered, and again we wait. I don't remember what I had, but I do remember that it wasn't all that great and I was coveting some banana thing that my BIL ordered. By the time we finished and were waiting to pay, another large group had been seated. Now we had to wait for our waitress to take their order, and they decided to make changes, ask lots of questions, get in an argument, and then sit there and think. Meanwhile, we are ready to go! Oh, and this group who delayed us from getting back to MGM had the nerve to ask us to take a picture of them. :confused3 Might as well, while we are waiting to pay. Finally, 3.5 hours later, our credits are deducted and we are on the way back to MGM.

The food at Maya Grill was good, not great, but good. To us, it was not worth the park time that we lost.

I hope that others have had or will have a better experience!

I am gonna cancel my reservation on Sept.20 because my DD3 doesn't have patience for a 3.5-hour dinner. :guilty: :guilty:
Thanks for your report!

Thanks for that report, I cancelled my ADR for 10/2 ... I don't have that kind of time to waste when going to MNSHHP. I've read a few other places the same about slow service.

We will be staying a CSR, but are not planning on eating at Maya Grill. We plan to eat in the parks, and after reading this, am I ever glad!

We ate the Maya grill on Sunday 8/20 and was only there about 1 hour. Just the two of us. Got the 3 courses as expected and all was fine. Our glasses were always filled and the food was exactly how we ordered it. I agree, the food was good and the service was OK. Our server was not very friendly, but warmed up to us a little later. This is a layed back place and no one seemed to be moving too quickly, but we were not there any longer than we were at LeCellier. We were actually at Kona's longer. We'll eat there again. Not a problem for us. We actually had dinner at 7:30 and it was the end of the evening for us, so didn't have to rush off anywhere. This is pretty much a middle of the road place to dine. Not bad, not great, just good food and average service. I've had good and bad pretty much everywhere and usually do not tend to judge a place after one visit (unless the food was horrible). We actually had 3 not great visits to LeCellier, and just couldn't understand why folks liked it so much, so we tried them again last year and all has been great ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter