McDill Base in Florida..

bunny213

DIS Veteran
DD and her family have been transfered to this Base in Tampa...does anyone here know anything about the area or base?? Thanks - Barb

It's wonderful, she'll love it. One of our best air bases. Only 1.5 hours from WDW. Go visit!

I lived on MacDill AFB as a kid. It is a very beautiful base and not too far from WDW, Sea World, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens, etc. I am sure she will enjoy it!

Hi! We are going to McDill in July, do you know where your DD will be working? We are very excited to be so close to WDW!

Actually...it's my DD's husband that's in the AF.(15 years)...and right now he's training in Special Ops...(I think that's what it's called)...he's due to return to Iraq in September.
When do you need to be there...and where will you be living? They've only been there about 3 weeks now and are still finding their way around. They live off base.
Good luck with your move...she's hasn't been out to the base much yet, so I haven't heard too much about it. Barb

Barb,

Is your DD the one that has 4 children and was out in CA while DH was deployed to Iraq? I think we sent some PM messages to each other?

If she is, that is kind of funny that we will be at the same base. Small world?

That's me okay....and they've got 6 children. He got home from deployment, and three weeks later started moving to Florida. Poor guy - hasn't really settled back in yet - too much going on.
He's retraining like I said now and due to leave again in September.
You're moving in July....they weren't able to get base housing so they're renting outside of the base and he says the traffic is awful. Seems like they're renavating some of the houses on base.
I tried to look up my old pm's - because I too knew we had "talked" before, but my mailbox was full, so I had to clean it out.
Keep in touch...let me know if Meg can find out anything for you. She's just finding her way around now, little by little. I so wish they were on the base...I always felt it was so safe for them, especially when he's been gone.
Barb:flower3:

What a small world? And I can't believe I forgot they had 6 children. I don't know how she does it, must be a very strong woman. If Meg has any input on schools that would be a big help. My son is ADHD and transferring schools is my biggest worry.

We plan on buying a home, got to sell this one first though. We have never lived on base.

Keep in touch and maybe Meg and I can meet when we get there.

At least you can fly directly into Tampa and the rates aren't too bad!

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter