ME bus - hours of operation & least busy time slot?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
If we stay at the Hyatt at MCO our first night.
We can use the WDW magical express bus to the BWV the next morning, since our reservation would start the day after we arrive at MCO 10 PM the day before.

If we arrive at the ME bus desk at MCO at 10 am, would we be at BWV by 11 am ?
What is the nest time to be at the ME bus desk to check in to get on the ME bus to our resort ?

Should we arrive at the ME bus desk in MCO at 9 am ?

When is the first ME bus to depart MCO on a weekday ?

Thank you

DME is a 24 hour service.
There is no "first bus" in the morning. Buses are dispatched based on volume.
It takes 60-90 minutes from MCO to Disney.

What you will need to do, after you decide when you'd like to leave the airport, is call DME and tell them what you want to do. I would not just show up and expect to hop on a bus.

I came in on a redeye from LAX last December (7AM arrival, maybe?), and I was the only person on my DME bus!

DME is not literally 24/7. It operates to accomdate the flight schedule of guests with DME reservations. Flights come at 7a, as per PP. I doubt a guest staying at Hyatt could get a 4a bus. Incoming flight is delayed to 4a DME will accommodate those pax

DME is not literally 24/7. It operates to accomdate the flight schedule of guests with DME reservations. Flights come at 7a, as per PP. I doubt a guest staying at Hyatt could get a 4a bus. Incoming flight is delayed to 4a DME will accommodate those pax
So what happens if a guest says "I'll be arriving at MCO at 4AM". Does the DME rep call BS? Do they say "You'll need to wait until 7am."?

What you will need to do, after you decide when you'd like to leave the airport, is call DME and tell them what you want to do. I would not just show up and expect to hop on a bus.

You're not assigned to a specific bus at MCO (well, other than one that's going to your resort) - as long as the OP has a DME reservation, she can get on a bus regardless of what time it is.

So what happens if a guest says "I'll be arriving at MCO at 4AM". Does the DME rep call BS? Do they say "You'll need to wait until 7am."?
DME will ask for your airline and flight number. Otherwise they may tell you what time the first buses are leaving. Some people look for a flight that offers the approximate time they need.

The reality is the first flights arrive earlier then a guest staying at an airport hotel is likely to want a bus ride.

DME will ask for your airline and flight number. Otherwise they may tell you what time the first buses are leaving. Some people look for a flight that offers the approximate time they need.

The reality is the first flights arrive earlier then a guest staying at an airport hotel is likely to want a bus ride.
Just for fun, I looked at MCO's arrivals for today. Frontier had two flights arrive before 5am, one at 4:03 (scheduled at 4:45) and one at 4:43 (scheduled at 5:10).

It would be interesting for someone to call DME and say "I'm getting to MCO at 3am" and see what they say.

The Orlando International Airport is very close to being a real 24/7 airport. According to their website, there are six flights scheduled to arrive between midnight and 1am tomorrow. After a small break, there are 10 flights scheduled to arrive between 4:45am and 6am.

It's not unusual for red-eye flight to arrive early. For example, the 4:45am flight (Frontier from San Diego) arrived early at 4:10am this morning.

If anyone wants to depart pre-dawn on Disney's Magical Express, it's not likely to be a problem.

(Looks like sam_gordon and I were looking at the same data and he beat me posting!)

A year or so ago my red eye flight arrived over an hour early (supposed to be about 4:45 am and it arrived before 3:30 am) there were people staffing the ME podiums, and I was able to get on a bus and to WDW with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter