Meal ideas in a Studio

Not supposed to use other electric cooking devices in the studio. Just use the toaster, coffee pot and microwave. Leave the other items at home (griddles, frying pans, George Foremen, etc). If you need more cooking devices, book a one bedroom villa instead.

Check your grocery freezer isle.... different brands have come out with "meals in a bag" that look good. Wouldn't want to eat that way every day but for a few days.....yeah. Also, plan to eat heartier during the day and then just snacks or appetizer (from freezer) at night

I don’t know how to insert a link, but found the thread @kboo mentioned. Search for “four weeks in a studio, using the kitchenette, and survived.” That was an amazing feat!

Hot dogs
Microwave mac n cheese
Pizza toast
loaded baked potatoes [cheese, sour creme , bacon bits] with a sandwich or soup
frozen waffles [you can buy them in the resort gift shops ] and the precooked bacon that needs microwaving

We drive so I can pack several things. Sometimes I precook pasta and pack it in a ziplock in the cooler then we add Ragu tomato sause or Bertoli Alfredo. Sometimes I bring precooked Spaghetti sauce with meat balls and taco meat {precook and freeze and pack in cooler for transport}.

I can make some pretty yummy nachos with chips, shredded cheese, salsa, black beans, sliced avocado, sour creme and salsa

We are headed to OKW resort in two weeks! We are going to try amazonnow to have some things delivered! With amazon prime, there is no 'delivery fee' no minimum order, and just a 'tip' added! It looks fabulous. You can choose Whole foods or Amazon. We always do one BBQ at the pool, even as easy as hotdogs and chips. We are doing NO park days this trip so we will have lunches at the pool, with just sandwiches, BLTs/pastrami/ham and cheese. Planning is a big part of the fun for me, so I love to make our grocery list and add to it as we think of things! Hope you have a magical vacation!

We usually do a grab and go breakfast. When we book studios we don't do much cooking, but will reheat left overs. Occasionally we will pack cup of soup or instant mac and cheese. I know some people will bring small crock pots, but we have never done that. It's easier for us to just grab counter service.

I discovered a handy product on my last studio trip...it's called Just Crack an Egg by Ore Ida. They're refrigerated, microwavable cups with meat, cheese and veggies. As the name implies, you crack an egg into the cup and nuke it. I thought they were pretty good.

You can make scrambled eggs in the microwave with a cooking dish with a lid. I wish the studios had toaster ovens instead of toasters. There's so much more you do with a toaster oven.

I remember reading this tip eons ago...bring foil wrappers and arrange a cheese sandwich (precooked bacon would be good to add) with a bit of butter or cooking spray on each slide, wrap tightly and get out the iron. Press on each side and you have a grilled cheese sandwich. I have never tried it, but always remembered it!

I have grilled hotdogs for my kids while staying in a studio. The fridges aren't too cold in my experience so I wouldn't keep any other meat in there personally. I would rather eat all quick service and no table service if I could avoid eating in my room.

I discovered a handy product on my last studio trip...it's called Just Crack an Egg by Ore Ida. They're refrigerated, microwavable cups with meat, cheese and veggies. As the name implies, you crack an egg into the cup and nuke it. I thought they were pretty good.
The Jimmy Dean ones are similar but already have the egg in it.

Bring a crockpot. You can make sloppy joes, breakfast casseroles, overnight oats, french toast, pulled pork, hawaiian meatballs, chicken with gravy....you can make a variety of meals in a crockpot.

We took an electric griddle and cooked hot breakfast sandwiches. It is flat and easily fits in a suitcase. You could make burgers or steaks. Lots of options with a griddle.

The problem with griddles and crock pots is that there isn't any kitchen exhaust fan to remove the smells. You stink up the studio and any other villa nearby, including the corridor outside. DVC really doesn't want you to bring extra cooking devices to use in a studio. You can use the outside grills though. Some are gas, most are charcoal. You need to provide your own charcoal. But the biggest problem is lack of good refrigeration and ability to keep food frozen. The studio refrigerators are not that good.

I was glad to see this tread, such a nice change from all the threads on Coronavirus-19.

I didn't think you would be allowed to using things like electric cooktops in the studios, couldn't they be a fire hazard? I agree with Deb & Bill, no exhaust system to take out the cooking orders, not nice to stink up the whole place, hallways included. ;) Also the kitchenets are rather small, not much space for all the extra cooking devises suggested in this thread.

That being said we bring bagels, cream cheese, butter, for easy breakfast. A variety of cheese and crackers for snacking. I have an egg poacher by Food Network that I bought at Kohl's, cooks the eggs in microwave. These poached eggs along with toasted english muffin, slice or two of cheese and Jimmy Dean precooked sausage patties heated in microwave makes a good sausage, egg muffin sandwich.

We always have leftovers from table service meals that can later be used as another meal.

It's fun to see how creative others are with in room dinning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter