Meal Sharing and/or kids meals

Emagine

DVC Member
Curious about two things...

Does it matter in mobile ordering if there is a kids meal on an all adult party?

I know restaurants such as the character meals and buffets are not thrilled with sharing but how are places right now with Covid? We have just a few places booked, Homecoming, Yak & Yetti, Beaches, Sci Fi to name a few.

Reason: I have a very painful and rare condition called trigeminal and occipital neuralgia. Eating more than a kids portion or something tough/hard is not on my menu. I am just making sure my family has the best time of their sucky year since we are out and I do not want to be in the way. I am currently doing shakes at home because chewing is painful.

Ordering a kid's meal at QS is fine. No one is going to ask you to produce the kid! If you are having a sit down meal, just order an appetizer. That is a strategy I use and no one has complained. I leave a good tip.

You can also add a dietary note to any TS reservations. I believe there is room to add manual notes where you could indicate a medical condition that requires you to eat very small meals. If you prefer a ground meal because of a chewing issue you could request that too.

Sharing or just ordering an app/dessert/sides/nothing shouldn't be an issue at any a la carte restaurant. It's only at family style/AYCTE/prix fixe restaurants where you'd be paying full price to eat a small amount of food.

QS and mobile ordering doesn't care who is in your party, you can order whatever you want.

Curious about two things...

Does it matter in mobile ordering if there is a kids meal on an all adult party?

I know restaurants such as the character meals and buffets are not thrilled with sharing but how are places right now with Covid? We have just a few places booked, Homecoming, Yak & Yetti, Beaches, Sci Fi to name a few.

Reason: I have a very painful and rare condition called trigeminal and occipital neuralgia. Eating more than a kids portion or something tough/hard is not on my menu. I am just making sure my family has the best time of their sucky year since we are out and I do not want to be in the way. I am currently doing shakes at home because chewing is painful.

No issues at all except one at a TS restaurant once. We frequently order kids meals because 1) we are grazing on snacks throughout the day and usually aren't very hungry at mealtime, 2) they include variety -- entree/sides/drink all together, and 3) they are usually much less expensive.

The quality and diversity of the meals usually suffer compared to a normal entree, however.

And yes, if ordering at a TS for an adult, I always try to tip higher to offset the decreased cost of the meal.

I order off the kids’ menu at both TS and QS probably 95% of the time and have never had any issues. I usually add an adult beverage, but for me, it’s just a much more manageable portion size. For example the kids’ filets at most places are about four ounces, which is usually exactly how much I would like. The adult portion can run twice as large or more. The servers are always very nice and understanding about not wanting to waste food. I don’t think you would have a problem anywhere that is a la carte, OP! I hope that you have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!