Meals in London & Paris

A LOT!!!

London
Actually, it varies wildly based on where you eat... Pub, fast food, formal sit down place, hotel, etc So it's hard to put a ball park on it. Based on my experience I'd budget for roughly double what you pay here in the US for a similar type food. I'm basing that on my costs here in Minnesota which are much cheaper than NY or CA for example. With the devalued dollar and expensive London costs that would account for budgeting purposes it I'd think.

Quote from a recent article on London dining:
London has leapfrogged Tokyo and Paris to become the world's most expensive city for dining out.
The average cost of a three-course restaurant meal for one is up 2.9% on last year to £40 including one drink, tax and service.

The research by restaurant guide Zagat is based on surveys of up to 10,000 people in 45 cities around the world.

Chez Bruce knocked Gordon Ramsay off the top spot as the best venue for food in a poll of 5,300 London diners.

I'm not that familar with Paris lately. What kind of typical dining are you planning?

I am thinking pub and fast food types, since Disney feeds the heck out of you
and I will have "nice" dinners on those nights.

I know on Backstage Magic..we were always stuff.

Would you think 500 US dollars would cover 4 dinners?

Thanks

I am thinking pub and fast food types, since Disney feeds the heck out of you
and I will have "nice" dinners on those nights.

I know on Backstage Magic..we were always stuff.

Would you think 500 US dollars would cover 4 dinners?

Thanks

Oh yeah, that should work. Just roughly figure that's 263 UK Pounds, divided by four that gives you 65 UK pounds per meal. No problem with that for the type of dining you are doing. You can always go to McDonalds for the last meal! :)

Have fun!

Hi SailingBeagle!

We were in London in the Spring of '07. You should be fine with that amount for meals for 2, especially if you are planning to go to pubs. Most pubs have daily specials that are "fairly" reasonable by London standards--especially if you stick to the local haunts.

Have fun! Wish I could come with you!!!!

Turtlemom:rolleyes:

We budgeted more, more and more the Knights and Lights food not on the tour, but we ate in VERY nice places that we pre-arranged....
Silvertraveler

I eat out in Paris all the time; it really varies depending on whether you are planning for a tourist type place, a local eatery, or a higher end experience. I won't eat in the more common tourist places, and generally avoid chains with the exceptions I note below.

A set menu can range from 21-30 Euros in a midrange place with appetizer, entree and dessert. A two course lunch may range from 15-20 Euros in a midrange place. I had lunch for instance for about 24 Euros this week at my favourite chain, www.hippopotamus.fr Sunday I had a tomato tarte and drink for about 11 Euros in a local cafe.

At the other ends of the scale, I can have a decent baguette and dessert from my favourite bakery chain PAUL for under 10 Euros. I often lunch at Galeries Lafeyette while shopping; this week soup, bread and dessert came to about 11 Euros. A better dinner can run 50 Euros or more. But then again, there are a lot of great local eateries which won't cost that much. Just avoid the tourist places and you will generally find better meals for better value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter