Mediterranean 2017

rymahoney

DIS Veteran
we are thinking about booking 10 day cruise on the magic. Is there a place to find out more about frequency of character meets and the different character that make appearances. My kids 4 and 7 love characters so it’s high on our list when on the boat. First time cruiser so we are kinda clueless. Thanks all

Scott's DCL blog has tons of info on Disney cruises, including past Personal Navigators that people have emailed him. The Personal Navigator has info on all the activities happening on the ship that day, including character appearances--it's all in 1 place on page 2 each day, so you can see who is meeting where. I think each character is out for about 1/2 hour, so you may want to get in line 10 minutes before the start time for the more popular ones. Also on cruises of 7 nts or longer you can book a free character breakfast when you do your online checkin. European cruises will have Mickey/Minnie/Pluto/Goofy at the breakfast.

Here is a link to a 7 nt Mediterranean cruise from September (I don't see any 10 nt ones listed): http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...-night-mediterranean-cruise-september-9-2017/

We did the 7-night Med. cruise last year and it was very port-intensive. You, of course, can control the length of your excursions if you take any at all. As I remember, four days we were gone from about 8 am to almost 6 pm. There were still character appearances in the evening and on the "at sea" days. I know it is last minute, but you can check out the Navigator each day on the cruise for meet/greet times. We found, too, that many of the characters and princesses come out of the crew/staff door at one end of Shutters. If they are coming back from their shift they sometimes have time for autographs, photos, etc. Once Captain Hook came up behind my wife, tapped her shoulder with his hook and she jumped about a foot...what a hoot!

when can you book the character meals and frozen meets? we just got our confirmation number today. We sail july 7th so in disney planning terms is it too late?

when can you book the character meals and frozen meets? we just got our confirmation number today. We sail july 7th so in disney planning terms is it too late?

If this is your first DCL cruise, your booking window opens 75 days out.

Just got off this cruise last month. Character visits are more focused during the two sea days. Also before and between dinner seatings. Best part is the core characters (Mickey; Minnie, etc) have different outfits for Italy France and Spain. Also they change the backdrops for the professional portraits such as the Colloseum and the Leaning Tower. A note if you are on the Barcelona closed loop cruise you will pay 21% vat on all photo purchases.

Just got off this cruise last month. Character visits are more focused during the two sea days. Also before and between dinner seatings. Best part is the core characters (Mickey; Minnie, etc) have different outfits for Italy France and Spain. Also they change the backdrops for the professional portraits such as the Colloseum and the Leaning Tower. A note if you are on the Barcelona closed loop cruise you will pay 21% vat on all photo purchases.

Any other tips? We are in closed loop cruise. 10 days. Do you happen to have the daily navigator? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!