Mega Kudos to WL/VWL Management

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
This was one our best trips to VWL & WDW so far.
Without going on about the usual stuff (I’ll do that later), I would like to point out one incredible experience.
The underlying substance of this may seem a bit odd to some. You may wonder why I got all wrapped around the flagpole about accent lighting.
Truth is, the subject of the lights is irrelevant. It’s the outstanding level of service from WL/VWL management that is the highlight.

The walkway from the main Lodge to the Villas has lights that shine upward in order to add a nice affect on the underside of the walkway roof.

On our trip last May, these lights were a nice, soft light that was pointed upward at the roof. On this trip, the lights were changed to very intense bright white light. To make matters much worse, they were pointed down enough where they beamed in your eyes as you walked the path. Not only did this totally blow the affect and theming, but you literally saw blue spots for 10 minutes afterward.

I went to the front desk to report this (about 9:00pm), and it just so happened there was a very friendly manager at the desk (It may have been Mark, but not sure). I tried to explain it, but I finally suggested that he walk the path and he would immediately see what I was talking about. He typed away in the computer, logging my comments.

Now the most incredible part- THE NEXT MORNING many of the lights were adjusted to point upward at the roof. The roof of the covered walkway actually has two levels. The lights on the lower level were adjusted, and it was obvious a taller ladder was needed for the higher lights. LATER THAT EVENING the higher lights were also adjusted.

12 hours for the lower lights, 24 hours for the higher ones… Simply amazing.
Now, just for the softer color lights! ;)

I am going to send a similar copy of this post to Disney, and of course I will push for softer color lights...

Just another example of Disney/DVC listening to guest input.
Great job VWL/WL! :drinking:

MG

That's great! It's so nice to hear about good experiences and CMs listening to guests concerns. Thanks so much for sharing!

MG, I would like to thank you and my eyes want to thank you also. I think my 'inner self' must be a Gremlin, with that "Bright Light" syndrome. I can't stand harsh lighting and I am glad this is fixed for me in December! And it was great the they actually listened to what you were saying and acted on it. Thank you!

How much do you want to bet that the brighter lights are installed because of guests complaining that it is too dark?

MG,

I think management simply knows how much weight you pull with the DVC gods!;)

Glad you had another successful VWL trip.

Cheers :drinking1

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter