Melissa and Jeff 7/08 Planning Journal WP and YBC Update 5/21 w/pics!

Hello Girls!

Sorry I have been so busy I have barely been online at all! I just schedualed my planning session for December 10th I am super excited! I also have booked reverend Jack Day and picked out our vows. I am going to WDW in three weeks (Sept 1-8th)with my bridesmaids and FMIL to meet with Shelly from Impressions and Randy to discuss my likes and dislikes. I am trying to make an appointment for my trial hair at some point that week but have received no response from Beauty Speciale.

Other than that nothing really new to report except that I we are going to book our honeymoon this weekend. We will secretly be staying in disney for a few days after the wedding but then we are off to somewhere beachy that is about all we can agree on hahaha!

Hi everyone!

I dont really have anything new to add. I went to WDW Sept 1-8 with FMIL and we met with Randy. He is awsome I gave him some ideas I had about pictures and my likes and dislikes and we schedualed our engagement pictures for Dec 10th at the GF (so excited) DF and I even got matching outfts lol!

I also met with Shelly from Impressions! She was also really nice and willing to work within my budget and she thinks the same way I do. I was having an issue with the different shades of red. The invites are darker than the BM dresses and I didnt know if anyone else would notice and she was like I think the same way you do but no one else will notice!

I also met with Ana from Beauty Special she was great as well she worked with me until I was happy with my hair. I didnt really care what it looked like as long as it is up it is going to be so hot in July!

I spoke with Celeste and she is going to set up my rehearsal dinner at Ohana I am super psyched that it ended up working out for me (we had a few issues).

My planning session is Dec 10th at 9am I cant wait! I am more excited about the tasting than anything else! We really want the plated cinderella package but chage the chicken to parmasen crusted. I think this can be arranged!

Sorry there are no pics!

You are getting married two days after me! That's exciting because I haven't seen anyone else on here having a July '08 wedding! :banana:

Congratulations and everything looks great so far! I love the dress :)

Wow, it's almost time for your planning session! I am so excited for you guys. Also, I can't wait to see your pics with Randy. The pics will turn out great!!! I worried about every little detail before I went, but Randy makes everything so easy. Have fun!!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Hey Melissa!

How did your planning session go with Celeste today? It was so funny, I sent Celeste an email on Saturday about a question I had and I got an auto email reply from her that said she was going to be out of the office on Monday for a planning session :idea:. I immediately thought about you! You were her Monday PS!

Anyway, hope everything went well. I'm so excited to hear all about it!

Hey Melissa,
I just wanted to stop by and see how your engagement pictures went!!! Hope you guys had fun, and that you PS went well! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Hi girls!

Liz- Thats so awsome! I will have to keep an eye out for you! We will be down there that whole next week!

Keira-Everything went so smoothly I was worried too! It always ends up working out in the end!

BaBeeCee- Everything went smoothly. Its good to know that I am not the only one that every time I look at the WP or a reception site I wonder if they are on the DIS and I have talked to them or read there PJ before!

Missy Mouse- Yay! Another Boston bride! Are you doing any boston stuff in your wedding? We are naming our tables and playing dirty water and sweet caroline!

Now on to the upate!

I just got back from my planning session. Celeste is amazing! Everything went really well. She walked me through everything and made sure everything was exactly what I wanted. It was a long day! I met with Celeste and Rose and we hammered out all of the details. Then we had the food tasting! This was the best part! We went to the YC ballroom where the reception was and there was one table in this huge room for me, my mom, dad, and DF! A word to all Disney Brides if you get the opportunitity to do a tasteing take the offer! The food was amazing! The head chef Edguardo sat with us the whole time to make sure we were happy with everything (we made a few changes sauces and such) but we all could not put our forks down! The food was sooooooooo good!

The next day I met with Randy and we did our engagment pictures. We both had two outfits red polos and jeans and black polos and kahkis (sp?). I thought we would look so cheezy with matching outfits but people thought we were so cute! This was something I was sort of dreading seeing as me and DF are both Camera shy! but we met with Randy at 10am in the GF lobby went over a few things for the actual wedding day then headed outside to the beach and took a bunch of shots. Then we headed over to the Poly and took a whole bunch more shots. It went by quick about an hour or so and he had sooooo many shots.

Thats all for now I will update when I can!

Thanks girls!

:cheer2: Yay! I'm glad to hear everything went well at the planning session. :) I just scheduled mine with Celeste for April 4th. Seems so far away... but I'm really excited about it. Anyway thanks for the update! Do you have any pictures? I would love to see some ;)!

Glad to hear everything went so well! I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

I'm glad to hear everything went well at your planning session.. :cheer2: My DF read your food tasting menu and now he can't wait for ours! :rotfl:

Hi I'm just catching up on your planning so far and it all looks great! I love your dress

I also have Celeste and I'm so jealous of all the help you are getting! She refused to help me with the rehearsal dinner and said I had to do it all on my own through group dining and I wasn't allowed to have a tasting during my planning session.

I'm glad everything with Randy went well too I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about him!

Hi I'm just catching up on your planning so far and it all looks great! I love your dress

I also have Celeste and I'm so jealous of all the help you are getting! She refused to help me with the rehearsal dinner and said I had to do it all on my own through group dining and I wasn't allowed to have a tasting during my planning session.

I'm glad everything with Randy went well too I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about him!

I'm sorry you're not getting the help you need. I have Celeste as well, but I haven't really talked to her yet. I just got her assigned to me a week ago. I don't understand why you wouldn't be allowed a tasting during the planning session. Isn't that practically the second half the planning session? I'm just confused as to why she would tell you that. :confused3

I'm sorry you're not getting the help you need. I have Celeste as well, but I haven't really talked to her yet. I just got her assigned to me a week ago. I don't understand why you wouldn't be allowed a tasting during the planning session. Isn't that practically the second half the planning session? I'm just confused as to why she would tell you that. :confused3

I was wondering the same thing. It wouldn't be any different then going through a regular caterer. You want to know what the food your ordering is going to taste like.

Hi Girls,

Sorry, I didnt remember my camera while I was down there I know i should have! What was I thinking lol! I will post pictures the minute I get them from Randy! I just realized that after all my talk about the tasting I never told you guys what we are actually eating!

The cocktail hour
open bar
cheese display
scollops wrapped in bacon
shrimp cocktail​

The plated meal was a spin off of one of the Cindrella packages.

crab cakes​
good caesar salad​
filet of beet with marsala mushroom sauce and parmasan crusted chicken with a cream sauce and mashed potatoes and green beans​
chocolate slipper with milk chocolate mouse instead of dark chocolate.​

The cake is marble with chocolate mouse, chocolate with buttercream and the top is gingerbread and creamcheese frosting.

BaBeeCee-It will come very quickly! I had to look at a calander a few weeks ago and went oh my god I am going to disney in two weeks! Make sure you have lots of visuals or know what you want. I loved pictures of someone on the message boards table settings and when I told Celeste the disney brides name and date of the wedding they knew exactly what I was looking at!I have never heard of someone not being able to have a tasting! What is your wedding size? Maybe thats why????:confused3 I have about 60 people and we needed to get a hall at the YC.

Helloirishkitty-Im glad I could help get him excited. I didnt think DF wanted any part of the day but he told me what he liked and didnt like. They will surprise you!

NJBride- I kinda had to put up a fight to get help with it. I called Ohana and spoke to management then told Celeste and she took care of everything then ( I had specific requests, long tables, window seats etc.) How many people are at your wedding. You may want to try and call Ohana directly.

Melissa,
If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what the cost was for the actual meal? For the crab cakes, salad, main course, and the slipper? This meal is very similar to what I am looking at having! TIA!!!

I love your PJ so far! I can't wait to read all about your upcoming wedding!

Melissa,
If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what the cost was for the actual meal? For the crab cakes, salad, main course, and the slipper? This meal is very similar to what I am looking at having! TIA!!!

Hi Melissa,

I would like to know too if you don't mind. We wanted to do a double entree meal as well and we weren't sure what to expect to pay per person. Also, do you know if the price comes out less if we cut out the dessert and just serve the wedding cake as the dessert? We are having a dessert party right after the reception so I don't want it to be dessert overkill. TIA!

Keira- The meal from what I understand (I havent got my BEO yet) is 120pp. Thats not bad considering what we are getting. I will let you guys know more once I get my BEO I may be in some sticker shock after that! :sad2:

Goldeelox-Thanks!

Babeecee-I am not sure if the price goes down if you cut out the dessert. It was part of the package I would check with your WP. I would guess they would be able to lower the cost some if you didnt want the extra dessert. Once you see the slipper you wont want to get rid of it! It was so pretty I didnt want to eat it!

Hi Ladies!

I know I havent been on in a while but I got my BEO and the grand total was $18,382 which isnt as bad as I thought. Many of you guys asked me how much the food was well it was a little steep it was about $150 per person but I put it into perspective. That was my number one priority. My floral was a little steep too but I have all red roses it was $3,000 but it is included in the $18,382.

The WP will look like this

wpflowers.jpg

and the center pieces will look like this

centerpieces.jpg

We also got our pics back from randy but I cant put them up yet. Sorry ladies. If you have any questions let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts