Melissa and Jeff 7/08 Planning Journal WP and YBC Update 5/21 w/pics!

I love the BM dresses...it looks just like my MOH dress,we got ours from Ann taylor Celebrations.

just caught up on your PJ! I love everything you have planned so far! Looks like a beautiful wedding! Congrats!

Jennifer

Glad to see an update!! I love the idea of menu cards. I am not talented enough to make them so we are ordering some from impressions, but I think it looks very elegant! I haven't heard about the chocolate fountain... If you don't mind me asking, how much does Disney charge for that? Thanks!!

Lynn 5700- Your wedding is right around the corner you must me so excited.

29apr00-Thanks!

Keira1387-From what I understand the fountain is about $800

****Mini Update******

So after I talked to my WP yesterday we found out that since we do not have as many people attending I am under the $15,000 minimum budget by $2,300 so now I have to get the fountain and I think I might want the chair covers too!

Does anyone have a good idea of how to spend about $1,000 with out having a character (of no iterest to me), adding any more food (there is wayyyy too much as it is) or having an open bar (there are no drinkers in my family so it wouldnt get the proper use)

I thought of beefing up my center pieces, maybe adding stuff to my kids table, but beyond that I'm kinda lost any ideas would be appreciated!!!!!!

wow I thought that the minimum was 10K..they changed it??? Umm maybe upgrade your cake umm upgrade your floral upgrade favors add more things with your dj..add in a signature cocktail. I think it wont be too hard for you to add 1000.

Lynn5700-For a Sunday in July the minimum is $15,000 which I had no problem going over to begin with but when people started dropping out like flies things changed. I did think about upgrading the florial I am waiting to hear back from Rose but it takes her a while. I made my own favors so that was ruled out a while ago but good idea:goodvibes ! Have you started packing yet? I can picture you as someone who has lots of lists and very organized!

Camara381- Thanks! We really were not pleased with our engagement pcitures I am praying that the wedding ones come out better. Randy was so excited because he said it would be his first candle lit ceremony so he wanted to get a lot of dramatic shots.

Lpizzuro123- I think that I have ruled out any adding of food lol!:rotfl: We have a cocktail hour with a bunch of food. We have a four course plated dinner, wedding cake, and now the chocolate fountain. I think people will most remember this wedding for the food!

Lynn5700-For a Sunday in July the minimum is $15,000 which I had no problem going over to begin with but when people started dropping out like flies things changed. I did think about upgrading the florial I am waiting to hear back from Rose but it takes her a while. I made my own favors so that was ruled out a while ago but good idea:goodvibes ! Have you started packing yet? I can picture you as someone who has lots of lists and very organized!

Camara381- Thanks! We really were not pleased with our engagement pcitures I am praying that the wedding ones come out better. Randy was so excited because he said it would be his first candle lit ceremony so he wanted to get a lot of dramatic shots.

Lpizzuro123- I think that I have ruled out any adding of food lol!:rotfl: We have a cocktail hour with a bunch of food. We have a four course plated dinner, wedding cake, and now the chocolate fountain. I think people will most remember this wedding for the food!

If I were you I would totally upgrade on the floral then!!! Good for you though for being under the minimum!! That's great!!! A little of 15k for a wedding is great:thumbsup2

yes I'm all packed lol...I packed like a week ago lol.

ooooh the candle lit ceremony is going to be beautiful!!! Your pictures will be stunning.

Lynn 5700- Your wedding is right around the corner you must me so excited.

29apr00-Thanks!

Keira1387-From what I understand the fountain is about $800

****Mini Update******

So after I talked to my WP yesterday we found out that since we do not have as many people attending I am under the $15,000 minimum budget by $2,300 so now I have to get the fountain and I think I might want the chair covers too!

Does anyone have a good idea of how to spend about $1,000 with out having a character (of no iterest to me), adding any more food (there is wayyyy too much as it is) or having an open bar (there are no drinkers in my family so it wouldnt get the proper use)

I thought of beefing up my center pieces, maybe adding stuff to my kids table, but beyond that I'm kinda lost any ideas would be appreciated!!!!!!

How about adding a Magic Kingdom Photo Session???

What about adding Cinderella's Carriage??? That would take you up to the minimum!

You could add special transportation for you or your guests. Or what about favors? I think you can get the mouse ears or the big disney lollipops through disney floral.

I was in the same predicament :lmao: and I added a caricature artist. My planner said they are always a huge hit too :lovestruc

Also, as a favor, my floral planner sent me a picture of bride and groom oreos wrapped up with a ribbon :cutie:

Melissa,

I just found your PJ. I love the your candle-operas in the aisle at the WP idea! Did you get those through Disney???

Also, I see you both are Boston peeps...:woohoo: :woohoo: What city are you in? My fiance is from Watertown. I lived in Southie, Newton, and Waltham.

OMG - you are a month away :cool1:

So I finally hit my minimum! I added on the mashed potato bar it sounds so yummy!

Here is the description Celeste gave me-The potato bar is $11.00++ per person and has a chef at the station preparing on stage. The station includes Yukon Gold mashed Potatoes, Beef Tips, Stilton Cheese and Crispy
Onions. Yummmmmmmmoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I also added on a kids table center piece see the pic below it was about $300 yikes!!!! I also added on activity sets for the kids tables they were $10 each (who wants to go to the dollar store to get crayons and coloring books on there vacation? This just seemed easier and I needed to hit that 15K minimum).

275MickeysLollipopTopiary.jpg

surface77-I am actually not doing the candle-operas im just going the smaller candles in the glass cinders. Im on the north shore Malden-Melrose area. Yes Im about a month away about to have a meltdown! I have about a million and one projects still left!

What do you girls think???????

Oh my goodness Melissa, how excited are you? There's only like three weeks until your wedding!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: I can't believe July is right around the corner!!!! I am pretty much jumping out of my skin with excitement. :banana:

The activity centers for the kids look great too! Your wedding will be awesome! :cloud9:

Teh potatoe bar sounds great!! YUMMY!!

I love the centerpiece for the kids, but DANG!! $300 bucks! Good thing you HAD to make that minimum.

Lizby- I know I am so excited I need a vacation so bad! The only issue we have now is that we have no place to live! We have been looking for a house for a little over a year and nothing is saying "this is my house" to me so it really sucks. Both sets of parents have offered to have us live at home for a while until we find the house we want but who wants to live at home with there parents when there married you kow what I mean? We both still live at home so unless we find an apartment with no lease (we would only want to be there for 6 months max) we will be staying at home until we find something.

29apr00-It does sound yummy for the ammount we will be paying they better be the best potatos ever! We are not telling anyone in our families how much the center pieces were they would kill us for paying that ammount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts